• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kangaskhan_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qfmrf.png
solrock_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qfmrh.png
tyrunt_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qfmrk.png
hawlucha_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qfmra.png

Catching up to spriting the pokemon I've gotten gets harder as the designs get more complex.

Feel free to use any of these as avatars, first person to call em get em.
If you ever make an Abra I'm calling it now.

Someone traded me a Timid Haunter over GTS. Pretty lucky?

I can't believe I'm getting into this EV thing now. Super training is such a great addition. Time to make the ultimate Gengar I guess.

Anyone know where I can find a rare candy?
In the big Paris city* you can trade Pokemiles for them. That currency can also be used on the global link website (where you can buy similar items and soon, play attractions).

*-This is one thing that has been terrible with Pokemon games since gen 1, I can not remember a single towns name.

789shadow

Banned
Uhhh (fifth gym spoilers)
did anyone see that ghost or whatever it was on the second floor or some random office building?
I saw it. No idea what it's about though.

I was wearing clothes from the exclusive boutique in Lumiose.
He only teaches you a skating trick anyway.
I ask because I think getting past him is the only way to get an item I saw, unless I can do something about those iron bars.

Nohar

In the big Paris city* you can trade Pokemiles for them. That currency can also be used on the global link website (where you can buy similar items and soon, play attractions).

*-This is one thing that has been terrible with Pokemon games since gen 1, I can not remember a single towns name.

Heh. Can't blame you. Everyone I know call it Paris (the fact that most of us are French may be helping).

ramyeon

I saw it. No idea what it's about though.

I ask because I think getting past him is the only way to get an item I saw, unless I can do something about those iron bars.
That's the other entrance in the route down from there (16 I think?). There's two entrances.

Dr. Buni

Aegislash is such a beast. Great design, great moves, great animations. It is one of the few Pokémon I would dare to call perfect.

No matter how many times I replay this game, I will certainly catch a Honedge in every playthrough.
Progress on my attempt at spriting everything I catch so far.
Hey, do you plan on making a Delphox avatar? I'd love to claim it ._.

ramyeon

Aegislash is such a beast. Great design, great moves, great animations. It is one of the few Pokémon I would dare to call perfect.

Hey, do you plan on making a Delphox avatar? I'd love to claim it ._.
Aegislash is fantastic, shame mine has a nature that is bad for defence since his defence in blade mode is so rubbish. Gotta get onto breeding a better one.

Dragoshi1

Battle Spot is full of Garchomps and Gengars.

Gonna have to start raising a decent Fairy.

I also thought all Pokemon are automatically leveled to 50 for online battles, my guys are all still below Lv50 :/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Someone traded me a Timid Haunter over GTS. Pretty lucky I guess?

I can't believe I'm getting into this EV thing now. Super training is such a great addition. Time to make the ultimate Gengar I guess.

agreed, it's given me some base insight into how it works, and from there i have a better idea when i'm reading up!

heck i've just hatched around 10 eevees! trying to get the right natures etc so i can breed an almighty army of eevelutions

Captain N

I'm breeding a male and female Quilladin and it takes longer to hatch than a male / female Chespin, but I still only get a Chespin. What gives?

ramyeon

I have... 3 miles and they cost 500 haha. Any other way? Need to evolve my Sliggoo and that seems the easiest way :(

3d is so random in this game. fireworks were in 3d. glittering cave is in 3d. double battles is 2d. gang bang battles are 2d.

Yet the game clearly looks like it was built for 3D with the angles used.

Betting they ran out of time for optimization. The framerate isn't perfect either and you notice big drops when in battle and the screen is divided with profile shots of both monsters.

Oddly enough no framedrops when camera is panning the field.

Really curious if these framerate issues can be patched in. Framerate is quite shoddy for nintendo.

Just beat the game, my final team:

Chesnaught
Houndoom
Pangoro
Aurous
Aegislash
Golurk

Let's just say.... Aegislash OHKO sweeped the champion's entire team.

Anyone got a Dusk Stone from the Aegislash-Ballon? How long did it take and what was the time?

/e
Nevermind, just got one. Fifth try. 34 seconds. Wasn't even my best time.

So what's the best level to evolve Doublade now? Currently lvl 35.

kubus

Holy crap Eevee is a bitch to catch or what? I just wasted 6 Pokeballs on it. I had him paralyzed and with only 1 HP left and it still wouldn't get caught. Eventually died because of Leech Seed :/.

Even Snorlax was much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom