• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoy the PokeAmie aspect of this game. It feels a lot like Monster Rancher to me which I've been wanting to play lately. I just messed around with my Frogadier last night for an hour before I went to sleep. He's my homie.

venusaur_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qftzm.png

Why you so fat venusaur..

Damn fine job sir, looks very good.

still find hm's to be super dumb. For a pokemon trainer, work out some more. instead of using your slaves buy a machete, an axe pick, a jetpack, swim, work those abs.

Robin64

I'm convinced I will never own a shiny.. It's been six generations. :(

Red Gyarados doesn't count.

I've put several hundred hours into each and every single generation and sub-generation and have still never ever seen a shiny outside of the free Gyarados. Me am sad.

You can. I have a shiny Sigilyph and you can see both. You have to use the touch screen to change it.

Yeah I'm not seeing anything on the touch screen. Like I said, I've never seen the normal colored version in this game, not once. This was the first, and only one, that I've seen.

teeny

Is there a way of changing a mon's ability? I've put a fair amount of time into a Sliggoo but would rather have one with Sap Slipper.

So, I always thought Dark type was my favorite typing until this generation, but now I think it's Ghost. Past few gens have added some amazingly designed ghost pokemon. So many random typing combinations combined with a heavy dose of WTF in their designs.

Caladrius

Is there a way of changing a mon's ability? I've put a fair amount of time into a Sliggoo but would rather have one with Sap Slipper.

There's an item in the postgame, but you have to fight in the battle facility (the battle maison I think) and grind 200 BP.

So, I always thought Dark type was my favorite typing until this generation, but now I think it's Ghost. Past few gens have added some amazingly designed ghost pokemon. So many random typing combinations combined with a heavy dose of WTF in their designs.

Ghost has always been the winning team. Gengar, Golurk, Giratina, Frosslass, Chandelure, Jellicent, Rotom, Aegislash, Trevenant, Banette, Mismagius, Dusknoir and Sableye. Ain't no competin' with dat.

thefil

Anywhere I can get a Thunder Stone early? The Lumiose gem store didn't have one, and I want my Pikachu to become a Raichu.

I have one badge and just finished Versailles.

789shadow

Banned
I evolved mine on level 42, but don't worry about moves. You can get Heart Scales quite easily in this game to use in the Move Relearner. By the way, the first thing you will want to do after evolving Doublade is going there to teach it King's Shield and Sacred Sword.
I just got Aegislash, but I only have one Heart Scale. :(

Where can I get another one?

Yeah it took finding a non-shiny Sandile for me to see the non-shiny in the 'Dex. That's kinda funny. If I find a legendary that's shiny, I'll basically never see the regular haha.

Bibarel is the true king of field moves (cut, strength, surf, Dive, Waterfall, rock smash, flash) and is available as early as route 3. I hear Pangoro is also a pretty good HM slave with good attack. Helioptile and its evolution can also run surf, cut and strength.

I use Hawlucha for all non water HMs

Tc91

Anyone got any spare of the starters? Chespin and Fennekin.

Don't really have much to trade in return as I'm only at the 2nd gym. I can help with trade evolving or whatever though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not even at the 2nd gym yet and half my team is closing in on level 30. Woops.

Forkball

I really wish they gave us a super training version of hatching eggs. I'd much rather play a minigame than go up and down a path, although they did make the path near the breeding center quite scenic.

Robin64

I really wish they gave us a super training version of hatching eggs. I'd much rather play a minigame than go up and down a path, although they did make the path near the breeding center quite scenic.

Make sure you've got a Fletchling in your party, at least.

Meier

I'm not even at the 2nd gym yet and half my team is closing in on level 30. Woops.

Haha yeah, exp share and traded Pokemon make leveling up so fast in this! Kinda feels like cheating, hah.

I started last night and of course couldn't put it down. Haven't fought the second gym leader yet but at about 4 and a half hours. The Wonder Trades are really fun even if you usually get total crap. I ended up with the fighting panda though so I am pretty excited about that. It was a random Japanese player's first ever trade so I lucked out.

It's pretty neat how you unlock the 'Dex in Japanese too based on trades. I'm assuming there is a different 'Dex for each language supported by the game but I've only gotten JPN and ENG thus far.

+20% EXP...dodge and crit seems kind of cheap though. Hmm...

Btw, is affection = happiness (I hope so in which case it is just a different way of getting the same result).

In super training does the affection bag ever break?

Taught it to my Pangoro. I hate that they stil can't forget HMs the normal way.
I guess it is to stop you doing something like using surf then deleting it but in earlier gens when you lacked the TM bag doing such a thing would get you stuck. But with the bag it should be gone. I'm pleased some moves like Rock smash and flash get relegated to TM. I just hope dive and waterfall

Is there a way of changing a mon's ability?
An NPC said something hinting at it but then again an NPC said we would see Houenn very soon...

anyone know where i can find an everstone? ty
Not exactly but there is an NPC somewhere before beating 3rd gym (I'm at that stage of the game and have one). Hope that helped a little. Is it me or are NPCs with useful items easy to miss (many people missing Rock smash for instance).

You can combine hatching with super training though...well tapping the punch bags as you go up and down the route.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I did one wonder trade, got a bidoof. Never again.

hmmmm had no real interest in catching pokemon in other games really, but for some reason the pokemon all being 3d models and fully animated compels me to catch everyone I encounter :X

And now that you get exp for catching too, my party is quite leveled up. Got 2-3 dudes near or over 30 and i just reached 2nd gym door.

Kinda lame that they nerfed dowsing machine. Before you can have it up while on a bike or w/e, now you can't use it while skating/biking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom