• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught an Axew in the cave you go through to get to the town where the fossil lab is. Kind of blew my mind to find one so early in the game. But I guess I'm on my way to a Haxorous. Never used one before, so I'm excited. I also found a Riolu pretty early in the game, but I'm not such a big Lucario fan. So it has been boxed

Berordn

An NPC said something hinting at it but then again an NPC said we would see Houenn very soon...

I'm no longer convinced that was a Hoenn shout-out. There's probably twice as many references to Sinnoh in the game as there are Hoenn. Someone's talking about Professor Rowan in almost every city...

Kiraly

I'm no longer convinced that was a Hoenn shout-out. There's probably twice as many references to Sinnoh in the game as there are Hoenn. Someone's talking about Professor Rowan in almost every city...

Yeah, but there was this:

dsc_020239s3p.jpg

He was speaking about a far away region. Has to be Hoenn.

Forkball

I've seen every area referenced at least once. Also if you go to the art museum you can see some paintings of other places including Johto.

Berordn

Yeah, but there was this:

He was speaking about a far away region. Has to be Hoenn.

Could just as easily be Sinnoh. Canalave, Snowpoint and Sunnyshore are all pretty memorable and Jubilife is just screaming to be remade into a full 3D city like Luminoise..

Forkball

What rod do you use for LuvDisk? I'm using the good rod and only getting staryu and clauncher.

Old Rod. I ONLY caught Luvdisc on that thing.

Also I tried to troll the Wonder Trade by sending a Luvdisc, but I didn't realize it was holding a heart scale. I got reverse trolled. They should really show you if a Pokemon is holding items in the box like the other games did.

Old Rod. I ONLY caught Luvdisc on that thing.

Also I tried to troll the Wonder Trade by sending a Luvdisc, but I didn't realize it was holding a heart scale. I got reverse trolled. They should really show you if a Pokemon is holding items in the box like the other games did.
Dammit! Thanks tho.

Edit: First pokemon with old rod......Luvdisc....>_<

Berordn

If Nintendo keeps on going with the remake series, it would be absolutely silly to skip RSE and go straight for Gen IV.

They skipped it with Gen V, all the quotes that one NPC has been giving out might not even be referring to a previous region.

kewlmyc

Damn, seems a lot more people got X than Y!

Was going to get Y, but then Mega Charziard X got shown.

Funny story is, I didn't even choose Charmander when I started playing. At the time of purchase I didn't know about the Torchic givaway. I'm more of a Blaziken guy, so I should have gotten Y instead. Legendary looks cooler and I like the color red more.

How the **** have people already beaten this game?

Im like 2 hours in and i dont even have my first badge
Haha, same. 6 hours in and haven't gotten any HMs and only beat the first gym. Most of my time has been spent in Special Training.

Kiraly

They skipped it with Gen V, all the quotes that one NPC has been giving out might not even be referring to a previous region.

I mean that if Nintendo decides to keep the remake series alive, there would be no reason whatsoever to go straight for Gen IV remakes without having remade RSE.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

They didn't really skip with Gen V as much as they stopped doing it. Considering the time frame with the 3DS it makes sense that the would do the remake on the new hardware.

I don't see why they would skip III and go straight to IV either.

PowderedToast

Not exactly but there is an NPC somewhere before beating 3rd gym (I'm at that stage of the game and have one). Hope that helped a little. Is it me or are NPCs with useful items easy to miss (many people missing Rock smash for instance).

thanks! and to that other poster who replied also

~~~~~~~

i'm enjoying the R/S references, makes me a bit nostalgic for when pokemon was once 60fps!

Berordn

I mean that if Nintendo decides to keep the remake series alive, there would be no reason whatsoever to go straight for Gen IV remakes without having remade RSE.

Gen IV is more popular, and a lot of the kids that grew up on it would be of age to get hit by the nostalgia bug. It's the gen that gave them Lucario and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, which are all still popular among kids.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Gen IV is more popular, and a lot of the kids that grew up on it would be of age to get hit by the nostalgia bug. It's the gen that gave them Lucario and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, which are all still popular among kids.

It's not like Gen III is unpopular enough to not warrant a remake.

Beside, GB game get a GB advance remake, GBC gets a DS remake, the GBA is two generations away from the 3DS.

Dr. Buni

I just lost against the Team Flare Leader,
Lysandre
. My first time losing to any team boss in the series. His battle theme is fucking awesome btw.

Item Box

So Is there no way to enter the home menu/put the 3ds to sleep without having to reconnect to the internet? Its kinda annoying to have to do that every time I stop playing for a second

27 hours without my second badge. Been Super Training and breeding. It's all a part of my adventure experience!
Getting to the second gym does seem like it takes a long time, to the point where you wonder if you skipped it by mistake or something

Dr. Buni

How the **** have people already beaten this game?

Im like 2 hours in and i dont even have my first badge

The game was released two days ago. The estimated time to finish a Pokémon game is 30 hours, so obviously a lot of people already finished it.

entremet

Anywhere I can get a Thunder Stone early? The Lumiose gem store didn't have one, and I want my Pikachu to become a Raichu.

I have one badge and just finished Versailles.

You'll find a Thunderstone near the second Gym. You can another get one as a hidden item when you get the dowsing item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom