• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a good chance the reason you got sick of Diamond is because it was so sickeningly slow paced. Like every little thing you did, every attack, every damage animation, took about five times as long as it should. X/Y (and Black/White and even HeartGold/SoulSilver, for that matter) are much faster.

Take with a huge grain of salt (I'm only 6 hours in) but so far it's the best Pokemon game since Gold/Silver (but not as good as HGSS).

Diamond was a lazy pile of shit, X and Y is probably the best game since Gold and Silver.

Thanks for the replies.

Now to decide if I buy the game and play it on my hand-cramp 3DS or if I buy the XL bundle.

Forkball

What's the deal with the special soccer balls in Super Training? Some of my Pokemon have the basic one, but others have a fast ball, multi ball etc as their logo in the top left corner.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I have a bunch of questions:

Is Aurorus primarily a special attacker or physical attacker?

Can Hawlucha learn fly (I was thinking of making it my flyer)?

Is Pyroar a special attacker or physical attacker? And how good is it? Does it learn any good fire type moves?

I can only answer the first question, Aurorus is more of a special attacker. I think it's around base 120 opposed to 80 something for attack.

Oh God. Is sentret supposed to be this fat?

haha yeah. thought it was a new pokemon at first, dude looks like he had some rough times.

current party.

- alakazam
- pikachu
- 2nd water frog form
- combustion
- charmeleon
- honedge

charmeleon is mostly a hm mule, gonna teach it cut strength and fly.

Might get rid of honedge for something else. Any specific type gaps i'm missing?

Kiraly

All these fucking trainers, even late in to the game, have 2 or 3 Pokémon max. No wonder this game is this fucking easy.

Thinking I should add in mega abomasnow into my team to counter the
dragon and water
elite four members. Yay or nay?

He's slow as molasses and has a billion weaknesses. Surely there's a better option? Using a Water Pokemon that can learn Ice Beam( and maybe T-Bolt) is a good idea for those 2.

kubus

Holy crap I was completely destroyed by the second gym. And most of my party is ~lvl30. I might just have the worst possible team ever though. I don't have a single Pokemon that is effective against one of his :(

Holy crap I was completely destroyed by the second gym. And most of my party is ~lvl30. I might just have the worst possible team ever though. I don't have a single Pokemon that is effective against one of his :(

surely you got a torchic. double kick!

also do note while greninja seems to barely learn any dark moves, you get thief early on, and that move got a damage bump to 60.

DaBoss

I have a bunch of questions:

Is Aurorus primarily a special attacker or physical attacker?

Can Hawlucha learn fly (I was thinking of making it my flyer)?

Is Pyroar a special attacker or physical attacker? And how good is it? Does it learn any good fire type moves?

1. Special attacker
2. Yes
3. Looking at my Litleo, Sp Atk looks to be higher. Don't know anything else.

kubus

surely you got a torchic. double kick!

also do note while greninja seems to barely learn any dark moves, you get thief early on, and that move got a damage bump to 60.
I actually stuffed Torchic in the PC because I already had Fennekin. And I don't have any water types in my party... Just Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Tyrunt, Heloptile, Hawlucha and Honedge.

I'm gonna stock up on potions and hope for the best :p

Atsumi

I was in TN for a wedding when the game released, and managed to pick it up at midnight at a random Walmart. I really only had time to play it on the 10 hour trip home, but my 3DS' battery didn't last that whole time. Just got to Lumiose City. They wouldn't let me enter a clothing store because I wasn't stylish enough.

ahdurian

I actually stuffed Torchic in the PC because I already had Fennekin. And I don't have any water types in my party... Just Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Tyrunt, Heloptile, Hawlucha and Honedge.

kinda like me, but I have no fire types :(

Blastoise
Chestnaught
Snorlax
Heracross
Tyrunt
Pidgeotto

Acrylic7

Does anyone have a link to a site with all of the movesets and stats? Cant even evolve my gloom into Vileplum because I dont know what its best moves are.

Oh my god; I was not ready for how good this game looks and feels. I do not think anything the Cube/Wii could have gotten would have looked any better. I do not think it is a matter of nostalgia either; I am still going through Black 2.. dat leap :O

only way to roll.

isn't bulbasaur super effective against rock?

Grass is unless that was retconed.

kubus

only way to roll.

isn't bulbasaur super effective against rock?

Grass is unless that was retconed.
Yeah, but the gym leader's first Pokemon used a move that was super effective against Bulbasaur and he was OHKO'd. My Bulbasaur is level 30 :|.

I can't remember exactly but if I level Bulbasaur above lvl 30 he won't obey me anymore without the 2nd gym badge right? Otherwise I'll go beat up some more trainers :p. He's my only shot.

Robin64

I've found a few plates around Kalos which are used to change Arceus' type when he equips them. But has anyone found a new fairy plate?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Definitely feelin the lack of Nintendo Polish on this one, comin off Wind Waker and Animal Crossing. (I know it's a Game Freak game, that is kind of my point.) Just so janky in movin around and UI and sound effects and everything, really. It's weird, B/W really felt so solid to me, X/Y feels like a huge regression in polish. Gotta be cause it's their first time workin in 3D. Bummed about it regardless. And some of the old UI constructs still being identical (like PC management) is just.. jeeze, we got a developer who doesn't care even a little bit about improving their systems.

Reeeally feeling the lack of stereo 3D on this one, too. And the battle framerate with it on is just adding insult to injury. So many games do so much more than this one visually on the 3DS, what's the fuckin excuse here? I expect more from a tentpole release like this, regardless of the typical "blah blah GameFreak sucks at graphics can't blame 'em." Oh, I'll blame 'em. I'll blame 'em good.

Berordn

Yeah, but the gym leader's first Pokemon used a move that was super effective against Bulbasaur and he was OHKO'd. My Bulbasaur is level 30 :|.

I can't remember exactly but if I level Bulbasaur above lvl 30 he won't obey me anymore without the 2nd gym badge right? Otherwise I'll go beat up some more trainers :p. He's my only shot.

Pokemon you catch or obtain in-game (any that say you're the original trainer) will always obey you.

I've found a few plates around Kalos which are used to change Arceus' type when he equips them. But has anyone found a new fairy plate?

There's a Pixie Plate around somewhere, it's been confirmed in a few spots.

nvm. You can't be surprised that you're getting rocked if you don't evolve your Pokemon. You'll have to level your Pokemon all the way to 90-100 if you want to have a chance against the E4.

ramyeon

Does anyone have male bug egg type pokemon with an adamant nature? :( trying to breed an adamant Scyther - I will give you one in return!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom