• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM86

Following on from the reveal of the Serial Code aspect of the Mystery Gift feature, the first serial code based event has been released. This event is for the UK where if you purchase the Pokémon X & Y games from the supermarket Tesco, if the game is marked as being part of the promotion, you will receive a special Serial Code that gives you access to 12 Quick Balls. It is not known when Tesco will stop providing these codes.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Following on from the reveal of the Serial Code aspect of the Mystery Gift feature, the first serial code based event has been released. This event is for the UK where if you purchase the Pokémon X & Y games from the supermarket Tesco, if the game is marked as being part of the promotion, you will receive a special Serial Code that gives you access to 12 Quick Balls. It is not known when Tesco will stop providing these codes.

Yikes that's a very tame promotional reward!

...... Man Nintendo or Tesco, went really cheap on the pokeballs huh?

12 or even 10 Ultra/Great Balls would have been awesome. Ehh I guess it will allow easy capture of the basic beginning pokemon.

Elider

...... Man Nintendo or Tesco, went really cheap on the pokeballs huh?

12 or even 10 Ultra/Great Balls would have been awesome. Ehh I guess it will allow easy capture of the basic beginning pokemon.

Hey now, Quick Balls are fantastic end game balls. I always use them for pretty much everything. Besides, they're more expensive than Great Balls.

Hey now, Quick Balls are fantastic end game balls. I always use them for pretty much everything. Besides, they're more expensive than Great Balls.

Yeah if the capture rate is higher than a certain % lol.

Because a Quick Ball might as well be a Pokeball after the first turn.

Hope the pre-orders for here in the US is better than some Quick Balls.

I was just looking on the Asda website to see how much they are selling X/Y for and it says on their website that it releases on the 11th not the 12th. Dunno whether that is a mistake on their website, or whether I will be able to go pick it up a day early.

Heres the link.

ASDA Pokemon X

Also just seen it on Tesco saying it releases on the 1st September and you can get next day delivery. Probably won't work but i might try it.

Every new game release I walk right into Wal-Mart at midnight and just ask for the game at the video section. This is why I don't know why people still pre-order anywhere (Especially Gamestop).

-GJ-

Added myself to the list. I will mainly be playing X, but I have already finished Y (review copy), so I can trade from that one as well.

DigitalOp

Banned
d[-_-]b;84952317 said:
Any good deals on this :O? Wanted to pick this up, haven't played since Gold/Silver...

Yes a great deal actually.

If you wait till the day of Oct 12th, Target has the game for 40 bucks!!

I, however, need this shit at midnight launch. I will pay my 50 bucks and not bat an eyelash.

DigitalOp

Banned
Anyone who is going into this game blind I am truly jealous. I was too weak to resist the leaks.

Even better if you haven't played Pokemon at all for the past 3 gens!

It might have even been worth skipping B/W/B2/W2 and go straight to this.

Some poster said he stopped playing at Gold and Silver.... My GOD his heads going to explode with this one!!!

Shengar

Despite recent news, threads, and leaks, I'm still hyped as ever. I need to finish BW2 though, some day. Anyway, how do we supposed to deposit Pokemon from BW/2 to Pokemon Bank? Is there any explanation on this?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, while it's technically the same date, us here Australia will technically receive the game a day earlier.

Just wanted to let it be known.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Well. Somehow my excitement for Y has gotten me to start soft-resetting for my second shiny Johto starter.

P3s7jKO.jpg

It's gonna be a looooong six days.

trixx

^ Soul Silver, Heart Gold are difinitive pokemon games. I agree that we should totally have an x and y tournament soon, would be a lot of fun

Jarekx

Added myself to the list. #TeamY

Maybe I'll actually be able to get into playing this competitively this go around. :)

DigitalOp

Banned
How does everybody sort their Boxes?

In Pearl, I did it by level but it got really messy when training...

In X&Y, I'm going to do it by type. If its dual type, Ill use the first one for classifying.

Shengar

In X&Y, I'm going to do it by type. If its dual type, Ill use the first one for classifying.

I order by their habitat, like field, forest, fresh water, sea (lol at both of this), beach, and so on. Legendaries got their exclusive place for obvious reason.

Are there any good reasons not to get this as a digital game? I'm only going to get 1 copy since I just play it alone. My main reason for going digital is the $30 eshop credit from Fire Emblem so I'll only have to fork out $10.

Caladrius

Are there any good reasons not to get this as a digital game? I'm only going to get 1 copy since I just play it alone. My main reason for going digital is the $30 eshop credit from Fire Emblem so I'll only have to fork out $10.

Only reason I'd be antsy to do it is that if your 3DS is lost or bricked you lose the game along with it.

DigitalOp

Banned
I order by their habitat, like field, forest, fresh water, sea (lol at both of this), beach, and so on. Legendaries got their exclusive place for obvious reason.

That's pretty cool. The backgrounds let you do that!

I say use the credit if you got it. Why let is sit there afterall.

But keep in mind, Anything happens to your 3DS, your game is shot....

Esp with all your precious previous gen Pokemon loaded up on there.... Multiple games of progress out the window. That's my only concern going digital with Nintendo.. else I'd have the game forever on my 3DS too.

Zelias

Banned

I used to do it by Type (up to Gen 4). Then I switched to doing it by national dex number. This gen, I'm thinking of doing it by national dex again in Pokemon Bank, as I'll probably be going for a living dex on Pokemon Bank, but in the game itself I'll likely go back to Type, with additional boxes for stuff like Utility pokemon, trades etc. etc.

zroid

Banned

loooooooool

Urgh.... I'm technically getting both, but one will eventually be for a friend who's away for school. So I'm still torn on what to get. I wanted Y for Yvetal, but X has some fairly nice Mega-Evos. :/

I haven't had time to read the whole topic yet, but what constitutes as spoiler territory? With reviews and a bunch of trailer info, is there anything there that should be tagged?

Shengar

That's pretty cool. The backgrounds let you do that!

I say use the credit if you got it. Why let is sit there afterall.

But keep in mind, Anything happens to your 3DS, your game is shot....

Esp with all your precious previous gen Pokemon loaded up on there.... Multiple games of progress out the window. That's my only concern going digital with Nintendo.. else I'd have the game forever on my 3DS too

Not all the background fit for some Pokemon though, so i have to forced to other habitat. I hope they have more background this around for me to do distribute them more accurately :p

Yeah that thing sucked. Even Pokemon Bank would be proved useless as bank would still tied to our hardware anyway. This even raise even more question whether or not we should upload all of our Pokemon to it.

Pokemon Bank isn't tied to hardware or games, otherwise it couldn't be used to transfer Pokemon to future titles which won't even be on 3DS.

Jeerington

Neo Member
I notice no one is mentioning ordering off of Amazon.

Is this because there is no release day delivery?

This. I ended up ordering from them anyway thanks to some left over giftcards but its going to be a long 2 day wait after release.

Also still new but looking forward to playing with everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom