• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.....someone need to explain this. How they hell they do that? Is that the subscription will be CC based?
Well, details will be made available near launch, but I wouldn't be surprised if credit cards were one of the options. I also wouldn't be surprised if they also:

1. Sold sub cards in game stores/GameStop.

2. Let you use the cash on your eShop account to pay.

DaBoss

Wait.....someone need to explain this. How they hell they do that? Is that the subscription will be CC based?

Not sure about payment, but it will most likely work out like this:

You need to have a Pokemon Global Link account, and then log in with your account on your 3DS in the Pokemon Bank software. Once that is done, you just move your Pokemon to the bank.

Shengar

Well, details will be made available near launch, but I wouldn't be surprised if credit cards were one of the options. I also wouldn't be surprised if they also:

1. Sold sub cards in game stores/GameStop.

2. Let you use the cash on your eShop account to pay.
I hope they let for the second option....Because I dislike credit cards :/
Not sure about payment, but it will most likely work out like this:

You need to have a Pokemon Global Link account, and then log in with your account on your 3DS in the Pokemon Bank software. Once that is done, you just move your Pokemon to the bank.
Man, I completely forgot that Global Link exist. Well I guess now it make sense then.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So, what shenanigans do you expect once Pokemon XY comes out?

I can't wait for all of the Pokemon-amie pics that would come out. Some Pokemon would look hilarious there.

Shengar

Missed out on this thread, are FCs going to go in this thread or will there be a separate thread for it?

There is a google doc in the OP that I created to compile which version you get and your firend codes. Just quote the post to see the link since it is hidden under email tag.

DagsJT

I remember playing a Pokemon game years ago and spent a good few hours on it. But I can't remember a thing so quite excited to get this.

Going to go for the digital Y edition I think. Digital as I think I'd like the game with me all the time, and Y .... For on real reason as I haven't got a clue which Pokemon are which anyway.

Dr. Buni

#TeamX
#TeamFennekin
#TeamFroakie

Not really the biggest fan of the Kanto starters Mega Evolutions, to be honest, so I will be using both Fennekin and Froakie (will be traded by Macka) in my first playthrough.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So, do we know how mega evolution stones are obtained yet? If so, is it possible to get them all without trading/going to obscure events? For instance, if I don't pick Charmander in XY and instead trade him from a past gen, will his stone be locked out for me? A simple yes/no (hidden in spoilers if necessary) would be fine. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
New to the series, jumping on because jumping on AC (another series that I've for the longest time thought were not for me for some reason) turned out to be one of the best experiences this year, a good part of which was due to the amazing community here on gaf.

Any good read-ups for beginners to recommend?

Going Y, what's a good allround pokemon to begin with?

All the best pokegaf, wish me luck!

ALM5252

I've decided on going Chespin, Squirtle, and Torchic as my starters for Pokemon Y.

Will anyone be willing to trade me a Fenniken, Froakie, Bulbasaur and Charmander once breeding becomes available??? :)

Phoenixus

Thought about it and decided to go for all three Fire-type starters; Fennekin is the best of the three newbies, Torchic is a definite for Blaziken alone and there is no way I can say no to Mega Charizard X. Gonna balance it out with my 'Catch em all, train em all' run that I've only ever done on a second playthrough or a second cartridge (basically just catching one of each creature and training them all to equal levels at the same time whilst going through the game). This'll be so much easier with EXP All. Bring on Saturday! :D

Unicorn

Is charizard the only starter with X/Y megalutions? I was so let down by Venusaur's flower-head.

I think if there is DLC it will be in the form of mega stones. Dex won't be affected and it can easily be dropped into the game, since it's just a new item.

Fireblend

Banned
I'd do X, Froakie and Charmander just for that sweet best starter+black mega Charizard combo, but since my brother's going to get the game as well and that'd be his ideal combination too I'm guessing we'll split it so I might either end up with Froakie and Bulbasaur, or Chespin and Charmander. Either way I'm good.

Can't believe this time next week I'll be skating diagonally through Kalos
3AQmK.gif
can't freaking wait.

DaBoss

Is charizard the only starter with X/Y megalutions? I was so let down by Venusaur's flower-head.

I think if there is DLC it will be in the form of mega stones. Dex won't be affected and it can easily be dropped into the game, since it's just a new item.

It would be like what they are already doing, wi-fi distributions and in-store distributions

DaBoss

Speaking of this, is torchic wi-fi or in-store? And are there any other downloadable mons on the horizon?

Wi-Fi

storafötter;85054041 said:
Does anyone know if the hidden abilities of Dreamworld are available now for all pokemons at random?

Not sure, but there is something in the game that is a spoiler right now.

Blues1990

It's been tradition for me to pick the Grass-Type Pokemon for every adventure that I've gone on, so I'm going to choose Chespin as my starter.

Also, I'm going to pick the following to be on my team:

Fletchling - Fire/Flying Type
Honedge - Steel/Ghost
Inkay - Dark/Psychic
Tyrunt - Rock/Dragon

I haven't decided what would be my final critter to round off my group, so could someone offer any suggestions?

It's been tradition for me to pick the Grass-Type Pokemon for every adventure that I've gone on, so I'm going to choose Chespin as my starter.

Also, I'm going to pick the following to be on my team:

Fletchling - Fire/Flying Type
Honedge - Steel/Ghost
Inkay - Dark/Psychic
Tyrunt - Rock/Dragon

I haven't decided what would be my final critter to round off my group, so could someone offer any suggestions?

Helioptile. It's super-adorable, and will give you some useful Electric coverage.

Wi-Fi

Not sure, but there is something in the game that is a spoiler right now.

Well that is good to hear. Yeah I want to refrain from spoilers as long as I do not have to log on to a website to do so!

I haven't decided on any special team yet. I will just go by typing and see how their stats increase.

Rootbeer

Banned
gamestop manager told me they have over 300 pre-orders. they had 500 for GTAV so the numbers are pretty damn fantastic for a handheld game.

ash_ag

So, what shenanigans do you expect once Pokemon XY comes out?

I can't wait for all of the Pokemon-amie pics that would come out. Some Pokemon would look hilarious there.

Makes me wish 3DS Browser allowed to upload screenshots of the currently playing game, like on Wii U. Actually, they seem to be testing it out with Animal Crossing, but it should become universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom