• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hort

Neo Member
This has probably already been answered before, but how many blocks is this game?

Need to know how much space to free up

So what are the disadvantages of buying digital as opposed to retail? I know there's no account protection if I lose my 3DS, but are there any other disadvantages? I'm considering buying Y digitally Friday night ( It should come release digitally at 11pm in my timezone) , and X as a physical version sometime next year.

I have pre-ordered both X and Y with Amazon US, but I noticed the estimated shipping date is not until the 15th, in spite of opting for the fastest available shipping. Delivery is expected between the 17th to the 22nd. I'm based in Australia, with a US imported XL. Should I maintain the pre-order with Amazon or open a pre-order with Play-Asia? I suspect based on their Hong Kong location, it might be quicker to order with Play-Asia, but I have little experience with their site. I want the games delivered as quickly as possible.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I have pre-ordered both X and Y with Amazon US, but I noticed the estimated shipping date is not until the 15th, in spite of opting for the fastest available shipping. Delivery is expected between the 17th to the 22nd. I'm based in Australia, with a US imported XL. Should I maintain the pre-order with Amazon or open a pre-order with Play-Asia? I want the games delivered as quickly as possible.

Are you getting some kind of discount from Amazon? If not just buy it from a local store so you can play day one.

Are you getting some kind of discount from Amazon? If not just buy it from a local store so you can play day one.

I can't buy from a local site because I am in Australia with a US imported console. I need to buy US coded copies. I considered digital, but I'd be concerned that I might lose access to my copy if something were to happen to my 3DS and Nintendo of America would be unable to help me, based on my location. Otherwise in my case, digital would be the far more efficient and preferred option.

Sandfox

I have pre-ordered both X and Y with Amazon US, but I noticed the estimated shipping date is not until the 15th, in spite of opting for the fastest available shipping. Delivery is expected between the 17th to the 22nd. I'm based in Australia, with a US imported XL. Should I maintain the pre-order with Amazon or open a pre-order with Play-Asia? I want the games delivered as quickly as possible.

That's because the game comes out on a Saturday and Monday is a holiday. Knowing Amazon the game will ship on Friday and the delivery date they give you will be wrong but you may not want to take that risk.

That's because the game comes out on a Saturday and Monday is a holiday. Knowing Amazon the game will ship on Friday and the delivery date they give you will be wrong but you may not want to take that risk.

Do American postal services operate on weekends? As in, FedEx? I'm presuming so long as my order is on a plane before the Monday holiday, it won't be delayed.

Kyzer

Banned
Ive bought 3 3DS XLs (one for myself) 2 2DSs and 4 copies of the game for my friends so we can all play together.

Im a good friend.

Ezalc

Ive bought 3 3DS XLs (one for myself) 2 2DSs and 4 copies of the game for my friends so we can all play together.

Im a good friend.

Can I be your friend? We need to get some GAF battles happening through these.

Also, I wish there were some multiplayer minigames in X&Y, like the pokeatholon or contests.

Don't know if already been said, but there's currently a Buy 1 get 40% off on all 3DS/WiiU software going on at Toys R Us from the 6th to 12th.

Using it to split the cost between my buddy and me for X/Y.

Going though White 2 as I speak.

Just took advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free sale on DS games (also for Wii for those interested) at Gamestop to pick up HeartGold, Black, and Black 2. I'm probably going to stop playing Platinum to start Black, partially to pick up the shiny dragon centipede thing from Platinum.

Kyzer

Banned
Wow great deal. And I wish pokeathlon became a staple of the series, it was perfect.
Does anyone know if you can catch ditto fairly early in this game?

Korosenai

I preordered Pokemon Y from Amazon because I had some credit, but I won't be getting the game til the 17th.... so looks like i'll be #teamboth and get Pokemon X saturday morning.

Team X needs to give it up. Y gets an exclusive dragon Pokemon. And the worst designs of this generation by far are X exclusive.

Pokemon-X-and-Y-07-600x248.jpg

I mean, who are you guys kidding?

Team X needs to give it up. Y gets an exclusive dragon Pokemon. And the worst designs of this generation by far are X exclusive.

Who are you trying to fool? We get Charizard X. Thats makes your argument invalid even if you personally hate Charizard.

ramyeon

It honestly doesn't matter which version you get besides the legendaries and version specific mega evolutions. Trading is going to be easier than ever to do.

Neiteio

Pokémon Y and female trainer for me! With Froakie, Torchic, Bulbasaur, Tyrunt and Skrelp comprising the core of my team. :)

ramyeon

Never quite understood why people have to put down the other version of the game just to justify their own decision lol.

We're all excited to be playing the same (essentially) awesome game in less than a week's time, do we really need version rivalry?

zroid

Banned
Swirlix and Slurpuff aren't great. Let's be real. But bitch please.

They're way better than those perfume abominations.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Never quite understood why people have to put down the other version of the game just to justify their own decision lol.

We're all excited to be playing the same (essentially) awesome game in less than a week's time, do we really need version rivalry?

Doesnt have to be that serious. Reminds me of arguing with other kids at the playground back when the first games came out, which can be fun.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Let's face it, the numbers speak for themselves showing which version is superior to the majority. :p

Quote to see

Obligatory sales =/= quality and Bieber namedrop.

#TeamY till I die.

My apologies if this has been asked.

With multiple rivals(I never played B &W) can I assume all encounters will be them battling you? Also going to assume they'll choose starters and etc. to counter your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom