• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalOp

Banned
Yeah, way too many people are including it on their lists.

Its funny because everybody is making these roster lists trying to plan when probably 30% will actually stick by it.

The roster is so diverse that you're bound to run into something that's going to make you wanna shake up your team or give you an added buffer. And with the improved EXP system, It takes even less time to get them up to speed.

And yeah... Ive seen him on alot of lists... I hope people are gonna use him right because Im comin up!!!

I think I'll start a new with Y, and then start a new game in Emerald, and get all the Pokemon I can't get there and trade and so on and so forth.

There are too many possibilities for my team - I don't want to waste it on a starter that I've already used before, which is why I plan on boxing Torchic and [Kanto Starter] as soon as I get them, Megas or no.

Man, getting so hyped for these games after stalking the leak thread. Team Y and Fennekin for life!

My planned team, though all will be fully evolved:
-Fennekin's final evo
-Blastoise
-Sylveon
-Helioptile
-Lucario
-Doublade

If Buizel's somewhere in game I'll swap it in in place of Blastoise and if Zorua's available, will probably replace either Lucario or Doublade with it. Favoritism prevails over stats and utility for me.

Are you guys already thinking about what to name your starters too? I'm probably going with Smacks for Froakie and Ken M. for the free Torchic. No idea for Bulbasaur though. Solarpowered maybe? hmmm...

I really do envy you folks who have been on blackout for this game instead of obsessively spoiling every single detail the very second it is leaked. It will undoubtedly make for a much better first experience.

ONE WEEK, hoorah!

marcod

Those that are getting X, what are your reasons for getting it over Y? I'm personally having a tough time deciding which one to get.

hemtae

Those that are getting X, what are your reasons for getting it over Y? I'm personally having a tough time deciding which one to get.

I like the stag and black mega Charizard more than their counterparts.

Also leak spoiler kinda
I like Heracross more than Pinsir

JohnTonne

It's all about the legendary for me. The only time I bought a game based on exclusives was Ruby because I wanted Zangoose even though I prefer Kyogre to Groudon.

Are you guys already thinking about what to name your starters too? I'm probably going with Smacks for Froakie and Ken M. for the free Torchic. No idea for Bulbasaur though. Solarpowered maybe? hmmm...

I have names prepared for most of my team.

Chespin: Teppelin if it's male and Vi if it's Female
Helioptile: Max (M)/Elektra (F)
Malamar: Johansen
Hawlucha
: El Diablo
Honedge: Hexcalibur

DigitalOp

Banned
I think I'll start a new with Y, and then start a new game in Emerald, and get all the Pokemon I can't get there and trade and so on and so forth.

I'd get a headstart with Emerald now before you get lost in X&Y... Lets face it... We're not going back to other PKMN games till January lol

Any of you slowpoke's gonna Nuzelock this shit!?

That type of stuff doesn't make the game fun, just a waste of time. If your starter faints, you have to release it? Please >_>

I like Clauncher. I figured I should grab Xerneas even though Ylveltal is cool and what I originally wanted. Its the first fairy legendary! Charizard X doesn't excite me but whatever.. Its a bonus. I'm avoiding the cotton candy and Im fainting it any time it appears.

Not much shown regarding Version exclusives yet... I expect a little parity

Milennia

Exclusive pokemon as well as the fact im always attracted to the BLUE color games for some reason lol.

Im seriously thinking of heading out to the nintendo world in manhatten launch event.

I like the legendary better.

I'm actually wondering which one would sell more this time, people always have a preference for colors but letters is new territory.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How do I remove friends on the 3DS?

Team Y
Team Froakie
Team Charmander
ILlzS.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Who here is rotting away while waiting for the game to come out? Lol
You gotta fill up your days and be active. Otherwise, the hype will eat you. Catch up with old friends, visit your grandma, do that project you've been putting off for months.

Around the
2nd Gym
and yeah, he is
Dat speed. Thanks!
This is probably way more specific, but what about Chingling/Chimecho? Chimecho's my favorite Pokémon and I wanted to have one in my team if it's possible.

Mainly Xerneas and Mega Charizard X. I was planning on using the Cotton Candy Pokémon, but I was really disappointed by it's evolution and will probably not get it :( It had so much potential.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm disappointed that X get's the uglier Mewtwo which is funny because I disliked Y's a lot until I saw the X exclusive. Still, X has the better legendary and Charizard.

I'll be starting with Froakie and Charmander.

eojoko

Nice OT!

My parents did not allow me to play Pokémon as a child because they were afraid I would become obsessed. There was precedent as I was already very into Zelda/Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy and I think they were afraid Pokémon would just be too much.

Anyway, how excited am I to play my first Pokémon game at 24? Very excited! And surprised at the apparent amount of depth the battle system has. Always been under the impression that Pokémon was a "light" jrpg – seems it's just another thing entirely (ish).

So far every exclusive Pokemon revealed for X I prefer over their Y counterpart. Don't think that's happened before.

Do we know how Megastones are obtained? I want to pink a Kanto starter other than Charmander but not if that means I can't get Mega Charizard X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom