• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Origins.

God that Pokemon is so overrated. But crazy awesome series. Wish It had just been a full length film or a longer series.

I hate Charizard, lol

Wazzy

Banned
I wonder if anyone caught what I was referencing? Not that it changes that he really is wrong.

Charizard is awesome and basically just took Pikachu's role.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I just jokingly asked one of our regulars at the hotel if he was going to be picking up the new Pokemon on Friday. He lights up and starts telling me about his strategy of using a dragon/fairy team. This is a 28-year-old former Army mechanic who is about to leave for Afghanistan to fly drones. We're going to exchange friend codes tomorrow, and have already exchanged plenty of trash talk.

Shit like that is why I think Pokemon is great. You don't outgrow it. I remember freaking out when Red came out, and now I'm getting pumped for Y at age 25.

zroid

Banned
I just jokingly asked one of our regulars at the hotel if he was going to be picking up the new Pokemon on Friday. He lights up and starts telling me about his strategy of using a dragon/fairy team. This is a 28-year-old former Army mechanic who is about to leave for Afghanistan to fly drones. We're going to exchange friend codes tomorrow, and have already exchanged plenty of trash talk.

Shit like that is why I think Pokemon is great. You don't outgrow it. I remember freaking out when Red came out, and now I'm getting pumped for Y at age 25.

Pokémon is indeed the best. When I went to EB Games to download my shiny Giratina the other day, there was this kid, probably around 10 years old, talking to the girl behind the counter who worked there about the series, and XY. How often do you see a 10 year old and a twenty-something having a genuine conversation about something they both love?

Teknoman

So are we going to finally end up having mid story battles, and not just wait until our whole team is evolved/at their peak?

One thing i've missed since the RBY / GSC days...random pick up battles.

Sanic

Random question but do we know if they outsourced any/all of the modeling or animation work for the pokemon? I find it hard to believe a core Gamefreak team toiled away at this...

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So are we going to finally end up having mid story battles, and not just wait until our whole team is evolved/at their peak?

One thing i've missed since the RBY / GSC days...random pick up battles.

I'd be down for that. I'll be adding my FC to the Google doc later.

DMG-01

You're just jealous that Charizard getting Dragon-type after all stole Ampharos' thunder. So to speak.
I'm actually not that big into Ampharos (I do still love the 'mon though). I'm actually jealous that Charizard got two Mega Evos when Blastoise and Venasaur got shafted.

Wazzy

Banned
Does anyone know about the Canadian Pokemon meet up that's happening around the time X and Y release? I can't remember the details at the moment but I know it's everyone meeting at specific locations on the same day.

I'm actually not that big into Ampharos (I do still love the 'mon though). I'm actually jealous that Charizard got two Mega Evos when Blastoise and Venasaur got shafted.
I love charizard but I'm totally disappointed that those two didn't get seconds. Mainly because their first aren't too great.

d[-_-]b;84952317 said:
Any good deals on this :O? Wanted to pick this up, haven't played since Gold/Silver...

There was pre-order from Newegg in July...and thats it. Everybody else full price. Theres this Toys R us thing, buy one game and get another 50% off but I think that ends right before XY comes out not entirely sure though.

edit: Im there with you paying full price bro :(

Fantomex

is there a link to what the differences are from X and Y? Ive been looking everywhere and the only difference i know of is Charizards mega.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How long do stores give you to pick up your pre-order?

I'm working 11:00-8:00 on Saturday the 12th...although, maybe I can swing by GameStop late? Are they open that late? Also, do you think I could pick it up after midnight on Friday?

How long do stores give you to pick up your pre-order?

I'm working 11:00-8:00 on Saturday the 12th...although, maybe I can swing by GameStop late? Are they open that late? Also, do you think I could pick it up after midnight on Friday?

You mean saturday from 11 am to 8 pm? You'll be fine unless they oversold and then your screwed. If anything you could go to Walmart at 12 on Saturday and pick it up.

Ok, so... I am buying three copies of this. One for my son, one for my daughter, and one for me. My daughter wants Y, so I figure my son gets X. The question is, which one do I get? I've never played a Pokemon game before.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You mean saturday from 11 am to 8 pm? You'll be fine unless they oversold and then your screwed. If anything you could go to Walmart at 12 on Saturday and pick it up.

Cool, guess I'll go home, change shower, and then get around to GameStop by 9:30 or so. And if I can't find it there, I'll swing by Wal-Mart/K-Mart for it.

Ok, so... I am buying three copies of this. One for my son, one for my daughter, and one for me. My daughter wants Y, so I figure my son gets X. The question is, which one do I get? I've never played a Pokemon game before.

It kind of doesnt matter really. Same games just different Mega Evos for certain pokemon and some (see 2 or 3) different pokemon. Get whichever has pokemon that appeal to you more for the megas really. Theres an image floating around that shows the differences.

Cool, guess I'll go home, change shower, and then get around to GameStop by 9:30 or so. And if I can't find it there, I'll swing by Wal-Mart/K-Mart for it.

Yeah that works. Im pretty sure gamestop will open at 8 am for release, call your gamestop and see. They may also be doing a midnight launch. Walmart should be rolling in copies regardless..

Dysun

Team Y
Team Froakie
Team Charmander

stanley2.gif

It kind of doesnt matter really. Same games just different Mega Evos for certain pokemon and some (see 2 or 3) different pokemon. Get whichever has pokemon that appeal to you more for the megas really. Theres an image floating around that shows the differences.

Good to know. I'll try to locate the image, or if you have a link and could PM me, taht'd be awesome. Thanks!

abrack08

Assuming you mean 9:30 PM you should check with your Gamestop first. I think most of the ones around me close at 9 or 9:30.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how slow this thread is moving. I guess between the spoiler thread and the community thread, the freaking out + hype is being spread thin.

Trey

I can't believe how slow this thread is moving. I guess between the spoiler thread and the community thread, the freaking out + hype is being spread thin.

Thread will be a madhouse on release. People will start to phase over into this thread from the leak thread sometime in the middle of next week.

abrack08

Does Walmart do midnight launches?

They should. I assume they're supposed to, but back when HG/SS came out they refused to sell the game to me after midnight. The lady was adamant that games only were released on Tuesdays and she couldn't sell me anything that wasn't already behind the glass. I ended up going to Target instead. I would assume that was an anomaly though. I have definitely bought other games at Walmart after midnight on release day.

Does Walmart do midnight launches?
My friend said he's gone there and been able to buy games at midnight, however sometimes he had to actually ask for them as the games weren't placed on the shelf yet. He most recently did this with Wind Waker HD and although it wasn't out on the shelf, he was able to pick it up after asking. That's my plan next week, otherwise I'm going digital.

Phoenixus

Can we trade 3DS friend codes here, or is there a better thread for mainly Pokemon players? I'm very much geared up for X but my friends list is rather sparse (thank you very much Nintendo Technical support!) and I'd like more fellow enthusiasts on my list. 2638-0275-6627 if you'd like to add me. :)

Raxious

Can we trade 3DS friend codes here, or is there a better thread for mainly Pokemon players? I'm very much geared up for X but my friends list is rather sparse (thank you very much Nintendo Technical support!) and I'd like more fellow enthusiasts on my list. 2638-0275-6627 if you'd like to add me. :)

Check the OP, there's a link to a Google Docs file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom