• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aytrial

I've got the most uninspired colour scheme for my trainer:

U2XGMMp.jpg

Still 70k off getting the black bag though. :p

random general pokemon question, but is there any legit way to get low level legendaries?

Always kinda wanted to start a pokemon game with a lvl 5 mewtwo lol.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
nvm. You can't be surprised that you're getting rocked if you don't evolve your Pokemon. You'll have to level your Pokemon all the way to 90-100 if you want to have a chance against the E4.

Yeah, as is the course in any game, you should expect to have a hard time if you are intentionally handicapping yourself. Which is just a nice way of saying STOP DOING IT WRONG.

I can't remember exactly but if I level Bulbasaur above lvl 30 he won't obey me anymore without the 2nd gym badge right? Otherwise I'll go beat up some more trainers :p. He's my only shot.
Only if you're not the original trainer (if you got it in a trade you're not the original trainer).

As for gym 2. The difficulty surprised me too. The first Pokemon was fine (Psyduck with Sp Atk O-power could 2HKO) I think the last Pokemon I resorted to leech seed to some extent but it has high physical attack and speed so try to tank against it.

Route 21. I'm trying to breed one with a good nature - if you have any adamant male bug types I can trade a scyther or give you one of the bred ones for it :)
Thanks. I'm only up to like Route 15 or something at the moment. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.

I'll have to wait until I get home to check for Adamant Bug-types. I've caught a lot of shit, so it's entirely possible that I have one.

Holy crap I was completely destroyed by the second gym. And most of my party is ~lvl30. I might just have the worst possible team ever though. I don't have a single Pokemon that is effective against one of his :(

Generally I compose my teams completely by playing favorites and what I think is neat, as opposed to actual planning and type coverage.

This means I sometimes run into similar problems. Korrina whooped my ass for a good while. I still won, but it was the first battle that got me down to one pokemon. Luckily I saved my best for last.

Dr. Buni

Any reason to delay evolving to Lucario?

Can you catch cubchoo (hopefully early on) in X?

I only saw Cubchoo past the 6th Gym.

Anyone else put the switch setting to "Set''? Feels like cheating if I can just switch to a counter for free every time my opponent switches in his Pokemon.
Yeah, I always play in "Set". Playing in "Switch" and using Exp.Share are two things that make me feel like I am cheating.

Does Gloomy evolve?

Twice.

entremet

Any reason to delay evolving to Lucario?

Can you catch cubchoo (hopefully early on) in X?

Nah.

Don't worry about delaying evolutions unless the Pokemon evolve via Stones, in that case, it prevents from learning moves. But Riolu is a friendship evolution so no need. Lucario has awesome stats.

Kiraly

Team Flare spies on all Pokémon trainers that use the Holo Caster

Omg Nintendo takin' a jab at NSA

social commentary

ramyeon

Thanks. I'm only up to like Route 15 or something at the moment. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.

I'll have to wait until I get home to check for Adamant Bug-types. I've caught a lot of shit, so it's entirely possible that I have one.
No worries - if you find any let me know :) it's the best nature for Scyther and I've got a female one waiting to breed haha.

Magnus

I'm loving being as blind as I can with this game. I have no idea how to evolve my Honedge, and don't even know for sure if it evolves past Doublade, but can only imagine it does. Surprises are awesome!

Seeing bizarre types show up in evolved forms is fun too! All the discovery in this game is amazing.

Hugstable

Banned
I've been resetting trying to get a good nature for Charmander, but just now came up on a female Charmander but it's nature is bold which takes a hit to attack, which is an important stat considering Charizard X. I heard the daycare isn't too far from where I am, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not gonna be finding probably much from the dragon egg group to breed with my charmander for quite a bit.

That's why I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with a Ditto or a spare male Charmander at all. I'm even willing to trade him back after I get a male Charmander and I can mass reproduce these guys if need be. My FC is 4141-1859-9447.

Fuccck I accidentally deleted Teleport for Ally Swap on my Kadabra. :(

Can't reset because I caught so many awesome Pokemon beforehand and don't want to redo all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom