• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Never quite understood why people have to put down the other version of the game just to justify their own decision lol.

We're all excited to be playing the same (essentially) awesome game in less than a week's time, do we really need version rivalry?
It's all just fun and games.

Trickster

Did I completely miss all the talks about the reviews somehow? Just found out that there's been plenty of reviews since oct 4/5. Haven't seen a single person talk about them here on gaf.

Aerocrane

I am getting X because I like the cover art better, but what are the actual differences between the two versions of the game? Just some specific pokemons that are available only in one version? I've never played a pokemon game before.

Robin64

Oh yeah! Little message from ShopTo saying they're charging on Tuesday for dispatch on Wednesday. Shit yeah!

#TeamY
#TeamFennekin

Phoenixus

Looks like TheHut have shipped my copy already, it's labeled as dispatched on the site and paypal took out the dosh for it on saturday so it must have been then they sent it off. Hype!

Am replaying Leaf Green on my GBMicro to pass the time, gonna get as many Kanto pokemon as possible for Bank's arrival in December. ^-^

Guys I've never played any of the Pokemon games, I don't know I thought of them as only mindless grinding or something. Now I'm kinda developing an itch. So I wonder where should I start? Wait for this one to come out or play some older one before?

ramyeon

Guys I've never played any of the Pokemon games, I don't know I thought of them as only mindless grinding or something. Now I'm kinda developing an itch. So I wonder where should I start? Wait for this one to come out or play some older one before?
Go for this one. It's got a really good mix of pokemon from all the past games (and new ones too), streamlined gameplay mechanics to make it better to play (Including an item that shares experience points to your whole party to eliminate needless grinding) and it's a long needed visual overhaul :)

ivysaur12

Banned
Go for this one. It's got a really good mix of pokemon from all the past games (and new ones too), streamlined gameplay mechanics to make it better to play (Including an item that shares experience points to your whole party to eliminate needless grinding) and it's a long needed visual overhaul :)

I'm so used to Pokemon games being some of the ugliest games on their respective systems. It's a nice change of pace for X and Y to be fairly stunning for the system.

Avixph

Like I asked in the leaks thread, do you peeps think there should be a trading/ battle request thread or would that all be done in the OT?

I wasn't planning on playing Pokemon anymore.

My ex-wife and I got HeartGold and SoulSilver when it came out and I felt like that was gonna be it for me.

Skipped Gen V.

Then yesterday I saw "Pokemon: The Origin".

Now I need this shit pumped directly into my veins. :(

DigitalOp

Banned
Like I asked in the leaks thread, do you peeps think there should be a trading/ battle request thread or would that all be done in the OT?

I can't help but feel it should be contained either in this OT or the Community thread. Anyone whos playing X&Y anyway would already be in here.

Just bold your battle or trade requests so nobody misses it.

Krammy

I've fallen victim to GAF Hype and have decided to grab this. Is there a list of which Pokemon appear in which game? I'm undecided on the version right now, but leaning towards Y.

Skelter

Banned
I can't help but feel it should be contained either in this OT or the Community thread. Anyone whos playing X&Y anyway would already be in here.

Well Animal Crossing has it's own turnip thread. I don't see why not keep trading/breeding requests separate.

DPPl weren't stunning for anything. Those games were technical messes- particularly DP.

BW2 had far more ambition than they knew what to do with, in fairness.

Yeah, I feel like people forget that the frame rate in DP was fucking horrible. Riding your bike in a lot of the towns would make it dip sub 10 frames.

Fireblend

Banned
So how deep is the level of the MC customization in the game?
From what we've seen, pretty deep. Some reviews even mentioned being able to switch your backpack separately from your shirt, and there seems to be like 7-8 clothing options per store, of which there will hopefully be plenty.

Wynnebeck

Banned
From what we've seen, pretty deep. Some reviews even mentioned being able to switch your backpack separately from your shirt, and there seems to be like 7-8 clothing options per store, of which there will hopefully be plenty.

As long as I can make a cute scrappy black girl from the slums of Shaolin who rises to be the Pokemon Master, I'll be fine.

Avixph

Don't you think that they might get lost in this thread?

Well Animal Crossing has it's own turnip thread. I don't see why not keep trading/breeding requests separate.
So should we have a vote on it?

DigitalOp

Banned

Don't you think that they might get lost in this thread?

So should we have a vote on it?

Well if thats the case then yeah Im all for a trading/breeding/battling Thread.

Let's call it the Pokemon X/Y GAF Trainer's League! Lol

Im a part of the awesome awesome GAF monthly Vita Game & Service thread and I still don't know why 3DS doesn't have the same equivalent??

As long as I can make a cute scrappy black girl from the slums of Shaolin who rises to be the Pokemon Master, I'll be fine.

You're my hero. I hope they have dreads for me.

Alright I should finish up White 2 before I get X soon! :D Oh god I can't wait, I feel the same like just before when Red and Blue were released, heck I even dreamed that I played X last night... :(

#Team X
#Team Fennekin

JoeM86

I've fallen victim to GAF Hype and have decided to grab this. Is there a list of which Pokemon appear in which game? I'm undecided on the version right now, but leaning towards Y.

Not yet. It's the first worldwide launch so sites haven't been able to cover everything for it.

Sorry for asking but was wondering how the online in x and y is handled now it is a 3ds only system, is it something like mario kart 7 with matchmaking and all or do you need to have the friendcodes?

Finishing up black 2 as well lol. Think i'm about done, fighting team plasma on a ship and i guess elite 4 after this.

Really curious if the new games are gonna be more or less snappy than b2w2. While battles were decently paced, navigating menus and what not... still pretty shitty since the transition to 3d worlds for ds. Takes a good ~3 seconds to go from clicking 'items' to the items screen or pokemon screen. And the whole bottom screen was rendered near useless for world stuff in bw because of their streetpass but not streetpass gimmick.

Any leaked videos about showing if going into/out of menus?

JoeM86

Sorry for asking but was wondering how the online in x and y is handled now it is a 3ds only system, is it something like mario kart 7 with matchmaking and all or do you need to have the friendcodes?

You need to have friends added on your 3DS if you want them on your friend list in game. It still has random battles and trades, though, so you're all set.

Raxious

Contacted a reviewer about the post game content. He said he didn't have time to actually go into it, but finished the main game in roughly 30 hours.

Also, why did I just found out I could get a shiny Palkia, Dialga and Giratina?! Unfortunately I'm already to late for the first too :( And I didn't have my 3DS with me, so I couldn't get Giratina as well.

Avixph

Well if thats the case then yeah Im all for a trading/breeding/battling Thread.

Let's call it the Pokemon X/Y GAF Trainer's League! Lol

Im a part of the awesome awesome GAF monthly Vita Game & Service thread and I still don't know why 3DS doesn't have the same equivalent??

I vote yes. I don't usually trade or breed, so it would be nice if there was a separate thread for this sort of stuff.
Since I'm on my cellphone at the moment, do any of you want to create the thread?

After I finish Y, my "post-game" is running through all the games in chronological order, Nuzlocke runs.

Fire Red -> Heart Gold -> Sapphire -> Diamond -> White/Black 2

This should take me up to December when the Poke-Transfer app comes out.

Finally decided to go for Fennekin as my starter. Don't know yet whether I will even use the Kanto starter :x
I have nothing against using Pokemon from previous Gens, but I'd still rather use some I have never used in the games so far.

Will probably also depend on availability early in the game. I used Ponita in Platinum for example even though I had never considered it before (shame on me I guess)

Shengar

Beautiful choices!

I haven't followed leaks but apparently there's some reason there why X is so much more popular than Y :(

Clauncher and Mega Charizard are the reasons for most people to pick X. I was leaning toward Y first, until I see this glorius fanart of Xerneas.
Godly_Xerneas_small.jpg
This picture effectively locked my choice to X.

You need to have friends added on your 3DS if you want them on your friend list in game. It still has random battles and trades, though, so you're all set.
Ah sweet thanks for the anwser was afraid it only had friend play but now it's a must have since all my friends don't really have a 3ds with pokemon..

Dr. Buni

Beautiful choices!

I haven't followed leaks but apparently there's some reason there why X is so much more popular than Y :(

I'd say Xerneas' uniqueness and Charizard X are the reasons X is the most popular version.

Beautiful choices indeed btw.

Tesco have despatched my brothers copy of Y today so looks like we are ready to roll! I'll likely play a bit of his version so I can breed + trade the starter ect.

Hedge

Hnngh, if it wasn't because I prefer some of the Y pokemon I'd have gone X for Xerneas.
God, I hope someone is willing to trade Yveltal for Xerneas. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom