• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM86

Fuuuck!

Anybody who's ordered from ShopTo before, anybody know where it says if it's dispatched or not yet?

ShopTo are processing tomorrow and dispatching Wednesday. Delivery Thursday or Friday

Tesco's shipping is second class so delivery with them would be Thursday or Friday if you order now.

on a side note, remembered there is a gamestop near my workplace and i've been playing b2 on the commute.

how do those wifi event stuff work? Do log onto their hotspot or something?

Shengar

It's eight days left at least for me. Fuck third-rate country.
Either AA: JFA or Black 2 enough to keep me occupied till then.

ShopTo are processing tomorrow and dispatching Wednesday. Delivery Thursday or Friday

Tesco's shipping is second class so delivery with them would be Thursday or Friday if you order now.

Woo! Back from Uni to my delivery address (home) on Thursday, so hopefully it will be waiting there for me when I arrive...

Ourobolus

Banned
So I haven't played Pokemon since Soul Silver and Diamond (and Silver/Red before that). I assume that getting things like Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur or other starters is going to require a bunch of transferring or trading?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I haven't played Pokemon since Soul Silver and Diamond (and Silver/Red before that). I assume that getting things like Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur or other starters is going to require a bunch of transferring or trading?

You actually get a gen 1 (bulbasaur, charmander, bulbasaur) starter very early this time.

emb

on a side note, remembered there is a gamestop near my workplace and i've been playing b2 on the commute.

how do those wifi event stuff work? Do log onto their hotspot or something?
When you're close enough, choose mystery gift. Search via wireless, it should pop up.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ah, nice. I enjoy the Pokemon games but haven't played every iteration, so being able to pick up a bunch that I missed (or haven't kept since the Gameboy days) is great.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I ordered mine from amazon and it looks like release-date delivery isn't happening, and I'm leaving for vacation on the 16th. Oh well.

Has anyone pre-ordered from Toys R Us in the UK before? I ordered from them as they were selling it for £27.79 but I'm not sure if they'll deliver on/before release. I'm tempted to order from ShopTo for £33 to be sure I have it on release.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anyone wanna try out the Wonder Trade thing (that is, you put in something, and you get something 100%, but you don't know what it is!)

Dr. Buni

I CANT FUCKING DECIDE IF I WANT DIGITAL OR PHYSICAL

SOMEONE JUST TELL ME

PLEASE

please

pl..ease...

Do you care about having the boxarts? If yes, go with the physical.

Otherwise, there is no reason to not buy the digital version (unless you are paranoiac about the 3DS not having an account system).

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I hope I don't wear myself out on the collect em all type game before this comes out. I am playing through Shin Megami Tensei 4 right now D:

Do you care about having the boxarts? If yes, go with the physical.

Otherwise, there is no reason to not buy the digital version (unless you are paranoiac about the 3DS not having an account system).

Potential resale (as Pokemon games never go down in price), potential ease of playing Pokemon if you intend to buy another console ever, and it's easier to replace when inevitable later Pokemon games come out. Plus you could lend the cart to your friends to get them into Pokemon!

I know I for one am going physical because it would feel odd to keep Pokemon X on the 3DS later down the line when I'm only actively playing X2 or Z or the Hoenn remakes or whatever.

Dr. Buni

Potential resale (as Pokemon games never go down in price), potential ease of playing Pokemon if you intend to buy another console ever, and it's easier to replace when inevitable later Pokemon games come out. Plus you could lend the cart to your friends to get them into Pokemon!
I personally never sell or lend Pokémon games, nor I "replace" them with newer ones, so none of those reasons are really valid to me.

Anyone wanna try out the Wonder Trade thing (that is, you put in something, and you get something 100%, but you don't know what it is!)
I'm pretty excited for Wonder Trade, even if 90% of the trades will inevitably be the early-route 'mons and such.

I think that once the PokeBank comes out and I can transfer over, I'll do some mass-breeding of rarer Pokemon (starters, Eevee, Zorua, etc), get Pokerus on a bunch, and throw them into Wonder Trade.

DaBoss

I think that once the PokeBank comes out and I can transfer over, I'll do some mass-breeding of rarer Pokemon (starters, Eevee, Zorua, etc), get Pokerus on a bunch, and throw them into Wonder Trade.

I feel like doing that too. Be a secret Santa sort of thing lol

Maybe I'm just lucky but Tesco orders usually still arrive by next day for me. Heck they usually post Thursday for me, quite why they posted today is curious.

Raxious

I CANT FUCKING DECIDE IF I WANT DIGITAL OR PHYSICAL

SOMEONE JUST TELL ME

PLEASE

please

pl..ease...

Well, I'm going for digital. Not only because it's much easier ( safes me a trip to the store ), but this way I'll always be carying the game with me. No need to switch games every time I wanna play a different one.

exfatal

Who's going to be at Canada's largest pokemon event in Toronto on the 11th? I think they might release it a few hours earlier. might be mistaking though
link

Firestorm

Who's going to be at Canada's largest pokemon event in Toronto on the 11th? I think they might release it a few hours earlier. might be mistaking though
link
Pft. Canada's biggest Pokemon event was in Vancouver in August. Second largest maybe! And I don't believe you'll be able to buy the game there.

exfatal

.... What the shit

sry.. what i mean by that is, if you are going to be playing online and doing EV training and all that. its better to have the game on you all the time even if u wanna switch cartridges. And you're less inclined to trade it in since you'll probably have a crap ton of trained Pokemon on it and such.

But on the other hand if you just playing it casually for the story. then after you beat the game if you still have the physical copy you can trade it in, since i doubt you'd want to keep on your 3ds that might only last you 1-2 months. Hope that was a bit more clear

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Apologies if this has been answered already, but is there some form of in-game friend chat? I saw that you can set up some kind of message for your friends to see, but I wasn't sure if there's anything more involved than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom