• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
Where is the move deleter.

I didn't know you couldn't trade Pokemon who know HM moves.

The Move/Delete/Learn guy is in Dendemille Town. It's the one with the BIG windmill (and has the ice caverns to the north of it). It's connected to Route 15 and Route 16.

HMs are the worst

How are they still in this series

Agreed.

They should tie HM unlocks directly to badges, and auto give Pokemon the Fly/Cut if they have Claws/Wings when you get the right badge. Bigger Pokemon aoto get strenght after gym. Water Pokemon auto get Surf.

Much simpler than tying up moves lists with a (usually) crap move

Surf and Strength are decent moves though, I don't particularly want to lose them. So are Waterfall and Fly thinking about it, it's only Cut that let's the side down!

How do I unlock the level 2 and 3 games? Also, if I were to do a level 1 (attack) super training game, + 1 small attack bag in Core training, I would have gotten 8 EVs for attack?

You unlock the level 2 games by completing each of the Level 1 games (doesn't matter with what Pokemon, you can use one Pokemon to complete speed and another to complete attack). Once you go through that process with all three levels, which took me a little over an hour if I remember right, you unlock Secret Training.

To answer your second question, if you level it up in Level 1 Attack, I believe you get 4 points. Then the small punching bag only counts for 1 point, so you would be at 5, not 8. I am not entirely sure of this though. But Level 3 training gives you +12, so I would just stick to that. I can beat the level 3 minigames faster than it takes to hit one of those damned punching bags now, anyway.

Berordn

So apparently Forest's Curse and Trick-or-Treat don't overwrite types, but actually add a second/third type for as long as the target's in battle.

We finally got our tri-type Pokemon, guys.

yami4ct

Alright. Tracking through the egg chart, I could go from Natu and Farfetch'd to get a wish Eevee. I already know Far is in this game. Please tell me I can get a Natu.

EDIT: Well, nope. According to Serebii he's not available. Guess Wish eevee is gone until december.

Agreed.

They should tie HM unlocks directly to badges, and auto give Pokemon the Fly/Cut if they have Claws/Wings when you get the right badge. Bigger Pokemon aoto get strenght after gym. Water Pokemon auto get Surf.

Much simpler than tying up moves lists with a (usually) crap move

Most of the HM moves are pretty good in battle. Cut is the obvious outcast which I think should have been retired as an HM ages ago.

Mr. Fix

You unlock the level 2 games by completing each of the Level 1 games (doesn't matter with what Pokemon, you can use one Pokemon to complete speed and another to complete attack). Once you go through that process with all three levels, which took me a little over an hour if I remember right, you unlock Secret Training.

To answer your second question, if you level it up in Level 1 Attack, I believe you get 4 points. Then the small punching bag only counts for 1 point, so you would be at 5, not 8. I am not entirely sure of this though. But Level 3 training gives you +12, so I would just stick to that. I can beat the level 3 minigames faster than it takes to hit one of those damned punching bags now, anyway.

Oh right, I thought the level 1 bag gave 4, my bad. Shouldn't that make Pokerus obsolete? Assuming it doesn't work for the mini-games. This is all making more sense now, and seems relatively easier!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
lol, I've overleveled alright. Zero fucks were given by my lv 31 Raichu last fight.

patientx

Guys this is my first real pokemon game and I am enjoying it very much, I was reading wikipedia's gameplay of pokemon article ; it states that it is impossible to catch all the pokemon in a game you have to own or trade with older games. Is that true? I mean, if I am a solo player with no friends that plays the game or if I don't have the previous games does it mean that I can't complete the pokedex? Not even this regions pokemons ?

If I understood correctly I need to first finish the game and collect all regional pokemons than I get the national pokedex and I get to collect all the pokemons from 1 to 649, but if the statement in above paragraph is true how can I collect all of them ?

Azure J

Late but:

Dem Natures. Looks like a beast tream.

I don't know what kind of magic I got to get Modest Bulbasaur as my handout on the first reset (I had initially picked Charmander then got cold feet because "no grass type" [I build my teams with way too much of a Gen 1 mentality] and reset). Greninja's also a neutral nature now that I see that I didn't fill that part in. I don't know what set to run with him, but I do know that as soon as I find out how to get his alternate ability, I'm on that ASAP. Free STABs on everything? YEA BOIIIIII

Oh gosh. The Trainer PR videos are gonna waste my time.

I still need to do this. Fuck, this game is LOADED with content.

Retaliate looks amazing.

Best move. I do have a fondness for Hawlucha's animations for Fly and Mega Blaziken using Blaze Kick. Then again, Mega Blaziken doing anything is awesome. :lol

Teknoman

Guys this is my first real pokemon game and I am enjoying it very much, I was reading wikipedia's gameplay of pokemon article ; it states that it is impossible to catch all the pokemon in a game you have to own or trade with older games. Is that true? I mean, if I am a solo player with no friends that plays the game or if I don't have the previous games does it mean that I can't complete the pokedex? Not even this regions pokemons ?

If I understood correctly I need to first finish the game and collect all regional pokemons than I get the national pokedex and I get to collect all the pokemons from 1 to 649, but if the statement in above paragraph is true how can I collect all of them ?

Connect to Wi-Fi and do wonder trades / GTS trades / NeoGAF or other online community trades.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Are you reading something from BW?
You get the regional after you beat the Elite 4, but you can still receive National Pokemon before you get the dex through online means.

Berordn

It's stupid that you can't just fly to Victory Road.

Does anyone know what Pokemon likes the Sachet and the Whipped Dream?

Swirlix evolves into Slurpuff when traded with a Whipped Dream, and Spiritzee evolves into Aromatisse when traded with the Sachet.

HM moves take up a slot right? So I'd want to give them to pokemon I don't plan to battle with?

Not necessarily. Although Cut's pretty terrible, Surf and Waterfall are among the best special and physical water moves in the game, respectively. Strength isn't as strong as fully powered Return, but it's not weak either. The only field moves you wouldn't ever want to use in battle would probably be Rock Smash, Cut, and Flash and its ilk.

Tc91

Oh Wonder Trade why are you so troll but yet so good.

Got a lot of random trash then along came a Japanese Ditto.

I've just done the 3rd gym, when you get
Fly
?

Roto13

Part of the point of Pokemon has always been to trade with other people. You can complete the Kalos Pokedex from just trading with people who have Y, but yeah, if you want to get all hundred billion Pokemon, you'll either need to do a LOT of trading, or get the older games.

There's a reason the slogan hasn't been "Gotta Catch 'Em All" for such a long time. :p If filling the whole National Pokedex is too much for you, but you still want to collect Pokemon, you can focus on just completing the Kalos Pokedex. That's not *too* big a task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom