• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Thanks to whoever said to go to the Cave. Found the Scientist and Old Amber (is that good?) and now he's asking for the Jaw or Sail fossil? Who's better? The T. Rex guy or the Stegosaurus one?

Mik317

so because I am a crazy person. I will be starting over...for reasons (not good reasons but reasons. Hint: It involves OCD).

But before I do so, I would like to give away some of my pokemon to a good home.

So if anyone want any of the following shoot me a PM before: 6PM EST.

a lv 39 Female Gentle Sylveon
a lv 42 Female Hardy Delphox
A lv 40 Bashful Male Blastoise
A lv 42 Female Mild Meowstick (gdlk)
A lv 31 Female Rash Goomy
A lv 25 Female Naive Herracross
A Lv 15 Male Hasty Snorlax
A lv 21 Bold Female Pikachu
A lv 15 Female Lonley Absol
A Lv 21 Quirky Tyrunt
A lv 34 Modest Female Mawhile

2 Eevee Eggs

That should be all of the interesting Pokemon I have

So hit me up via PM if you want something from this list.

Do it before 6PM when I get home and get to serving my OCD

Had my first 6-on-6 random link battle last night. Only lost one Pokemon the entire fight, my Quilladin, who took out half the opponent's team before going down. What a fucking champ.

My party wasn't even ready. Only Quilladin and Wartortle were seriously trained, but the Roselia that I've been using for Cut helped secure victory as well. I feel like every damn party I face from here on out is going to have that speed boost Torchic, or some iteration thereof.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to whoever said to go to the Cave. Found the Scientist and Old Amber (is that good?) and now he's asking for the Jaw or Sail fossil? Who's better? The T. Rex guy or the Stegosaurus one?

We're at the excact same spot :D I chose Jaw, no idea why. Sounded more awesome. Time to put that escape rod to use for the first time

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, all of the online stuff is so great. I got an Eevee from wonder trade and a Ditto from GTS, and now I've been hatching like crazy to boost my roster. You can get some good stuff just by having the first gen starters.

Current team:
Gengar lv. 27
Wartortle lv. 29
Charmeleon lv. 32
Ivysaur lv. 29
Pikachu lv. 28
Riolu lv. 19

Pikachu is out as soon as I find a thunder stone to get a Jolteon.
Hey, mind if I ask you for a Charmander and Bulbasaur?

One of the best things about the game:

Low HP warning noise only plays for a couple of seconds.
One of the best things about the game, definitely. Now let's hope Game Freak gets rid of the wall bumping sound in Z.

Magnus

I got really lucky, I think.

Spoiler for how to get Sylveon:

I received a level 19 Eevee in a wonder trade and it already had a Fairy Type move. (Does it now get a few by ordinary levelling up?). Barely 20 minutes of attention into Amie and the first level I got it = my new Sylveon. Awesome.

Oh, bonus new UI feature I just discovered. You can hold your stylus on a Pokemon in the item menu and then just drag items off them! Amazing

Tirod

One of the best things about the game:

Low HP warning noise only plays for a couple of seconds.

This was something I encountered for the first time last night, and I instantly had a stupid grin on my face when the beeps stopped and the music continued instead.

Great change.

Anyone having trouble with the Wifi? I really don't think my online play works properly. After a while (like not even minute), no new strangers appear on the touchscreen and they just black out with a few exceptions. And recently I can't get into any fights. Sure, not everyone's gonna accept, but today every invitation I sent pretty much ended in a ,,error from the partner'' after a min or so.

Anyone having trouble with the Wifi? I really don't think my online play works properly. After a while (like not even minute), no new strangers appear on the touchscreen and they just black out with a few exceptions. And recently I can't get into any fights. Sure, not everyone's gonna accept, but today every invitation I sent pretty much ended in a ,,error from the partner'' after a min or so.

Anecdotally, XY has the best wifi connectivity of any handheld game I've ever played. My signal's not incredibly powerful and I've been marveling at how reliable my connection has been.

Busaiku

I received a level 19 Eevee in a wonder trade and it already had a Fairy Type move. (Does it now get a few by ordinary levelling up?). Barely 20 minutes of attention into Amie and the first level I got it = my new Sylveon. Awesome.

Oh, bonus new UI feature I just discovered. You can hold your stylus on a Pokemon in the item menu and then just drag items off them! Amazing

There are no move lists that I know of yet, but you can catch Eevee with a Fairy move sometimes.
Don't think it learns it through standard level up though.

Stoof

I think I'm at 23 hours and I haven't gone to the second gym yet. Too much capturing, super training, and some idle time.

Saprol

Quick question about Super Training - is there a way to reset a Pokemon's EVs so I can have a clean slate to start from?

If you hit the default punching bag, you'll get random bag drops. One of them is the Reset Bag, which is white and will remove all EVs from the Pokemon who uses it.

Mononoke

Banned

Yeah. Just go to route 10 and catch a level 19 female Evee. It has Baby Doll Eyes which is a Fairy move. Then play with it in your Pokemon Amie and get it to 3 hearts. Then level it up to 20 and bam Sylveon.

So quick.

Really regret getting Y, I really want charizardite X :(

We got the better dragon in Dragalge. Better Mewtwo, Tyrantarite, Houndoomite...
Not to mention our legendary isn't a lame fairy. LUL

You can always trade for the Charizardite X. Don't worry about it! :)

I can get you eggs. Until I get a Slugma, it takes too much damn walking to get them to hatch. I'll send you a trade request when I have them ready.

Fletchinder has Warm Body as well, and evolves from Fletchling at only level 17. Probably the fastest way to get that ability.

JohnDoe

Banned
Guys, you really should get Blastoise or Venusaur instead of Charizard. Mega Blaziken is terrifyingly strong and even the normal form has the speed boost ability.

Berordn

So what is the (eventual) process for getting my pokemon from HG/SS to X/Y?

Transfer from HG/SS to B/W or B2/W2, use the Poketransporter App that comes with a Pokemon Bank account to do a one-way transfer from your Gen V game to the Pokemon Bank, use the Pokemon Bank app to transfer into your Gen VI game.

Not to mention our legendary isn't a lame fairy. LUL

Lame? LAME? Well I never.

You're just mad that our awesome fairy kicks your flying bacon in the teeth during actual battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom