• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik317

I evolved an Eevee into a Slyveon and discovered that despite what some say on the internet, you don't have to have max out Pokemon Amie for it to evolve. You do need a fairy type move learnt (one is learnt at level 29). My Amie stats were pretty low though. The pokemon just needs to be happy enough to evolve, like Umbreon and Espeon.

I think you need two hearts in affection too...or at least mine did

JackHerer

How do I get into the Hotel with the skater punks? I read that you need to talk to all the skaters in Lumiose but I walked around for a while and thought I got everyone. Still can't get in.

Azure J

OK, I need help and thus I have to ask the dumb question.
How in God's name are you supposed to get to Luminose City north after kicking Team Flare out of the Power Plant?

Amooox

A question about super training: Do I have to keep track of how many EVs my pokemon is gaining? Or is there a way to see total EVs (besides the graph) or training history?

Iceblade

Does anyone think that the disconnecting of internet when closing the 3DS or going to the home screen is by design? Surely this isn't an intentional feature, it's so damn annoying to always have to reconnect.

ramyeon

A question about super training: Do I have to keep track of how many EVs my pokemon is gaining? Or is there a way to see total EVs (besides the graph) or training history?
If you want specific numbers yes. If you just wanna max out a stat then it tells you when it's maxed out.

BraXzy

I can't remember asking this but I didn't see a response. Is it worth restarting if my Charmeleon is Hasty and not Modest? I'm not too fussed about the whole EV and nature thing but I would rather have it right if I suddenly do become interested at a time when it won't be too much effort getting back to where I am.

Anyone? PM me :)

Mononoke

Banned
I'm towards the end of the game. This has to do with team Flare (I have a question about something):

They gave me the option to press a red button or blue button. I missed what each button does. Does it matter? Is the outcome different for each button?

ramyeon

Thanks, it's a shame because it would've made the process so much better if we could see exact numbers.
Yeah it's a bit annoying. The only way to check now is to save then use a reset bag to see the numbers and soft reset.

It's not too bad for me since I generally just max 2 stats luckily.

Meteorain

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a terrible time of not controlling myself and trying to catch literally every single pokemon that I don't have :(

Roto13

Does anyone think that the disconnecting of internet when closing the 3DS or going to the home screen is by design? Surely this isn't an intentional feature, it's so damn annoying to always have to reconnect.

It's almost certainly so you can use StreetPass.

Mononoke

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a terrible time of not controlling myself and trying to catch literally every single pokemon that I don't have :(

It gets worse as the game goes on. Prepare to get every Pokemon down to 1hp, and to put them to sleep. Ultra balls don't mean shit.

Cbajd5

I'm towards the end of the game. This has to do with team Flare (I have a question about something):

They gave me the option to press a red button or blue button. I missed what each button does. Does it matter? Is the outcome different for each button?

They ask you to choose one, one will activate the ULTIMATE WEAPON and the other won't. I forget the exact wording, but basically it's a test to see if you're right or they're right about doing so to kill off everyone but Team Flare.

Anyways, they end the same way but details about each button:

Red Button activates the ULTIMATE WEAPON.

Blue Button doesn't activate the ULTIMATE WEAPON, but they activate it anyway.

t26

I can't remember asking this but I didn't see a response. Is it worth restarting if my Charmeleon is Hasty and not Modest? I'm not too fussed about the whole EV and nature thing but I would rather have it right if I suddenly do become interested at a time when it won't be too much effort getting back to where I am.

Anyone? PM me :)

Not worth it. If you are interest it is best to breed one so that it also has good IV. Starting fresh means you can also teach it egg move.

Mononoke

Banned
They ask you to choose one, one will activate the ULTIMATE WEAPON and the other won't. I forget the exact wording, but basically it's a test to see if you're right or they're right about doing so to kill off everyone but Team Flare.

Anyways, they end the same way but details about each button:

Red Button activates the ULTIMATE WEAPON.

Blue Button doesn't activate the ULTIMATE WEAPON, but they activate it anyway.

Thanks. So...neither decision really impacts the plot? Like if I pick the Red, they don't befriend me?

Elija2

Some random dude on my Passerby list wanted to trade me his Braixen, but I didn't have anything as good that I was willing to give up so I just cancelled the trade.

Bassun

Just got wonder traded a Goomy but it has "Slug" as a nickname.

Does anyone have a spare Goomy to trade for this cos I don't like having nicknames on my pokes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom