• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

The more I mess with Sylveon, the more I really like it. Sucks up specials really well, all the great things that come with Fairy typing and can hit back really hard too. Definitely getting a place along with Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash on my permanent team.

There are more pokemon this gen I've instantly really liked in a long time. I didn't love most of Gen IV and it took me some time to really adapt to some of the pokes in gen V. There are quite a few monsters this gen I look at and instantly start seeing uses for. It's great.

Cbajd5

Thanks. So...neither decision really impacts the plot? Like if I pick the Red, they don't befriend me?

It doesn't impact anything as far as I know. They don't tell you which button does which, it's just one of those "leaving it to fate" things.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
OCD GOD WILL HAVE HIS THIRST QUENCHED.

Thanks to everyone who got my pawned off dudes.

I'm done now.

Give them a good home
Oh no, thank you! Can't use Sylveon until I get the 2nd badge (my traded Quilladin is 32 and doesn't obey me anymore, and Sylveon is even higher than that), but I'm going to take good care of him.

Mononoke

Banned
Just got wonder traded a Goomy but it has "Slug" as a nickname.

Does anyone have a spare Goomy to trade for this cos I don't like having nicknames on my pokes :p

It's pretty ridiculous that they still don't have an option to edit names on Pokemon. Like really? Why is this not a thing.

It doesn't impact anything as far as I know. They don't tell you which button does which, it's just one of those "leaving it to fate" things.

When I pushed red, the scientist said that was the one that turned it on, but he said he would have turned it on no matter what I picked.

Anyone else still soft resetting for shinies? I know I'm damn crazy. I'm thinking of buying a second cart just so I can soft reset at work and play when I'm off

Shoyz

Does that work pretty well? If so, stocking up on Quick Balls.

Depends on the level difference of the Pokemon and the Pokemon itself. Level 50 dittos seem to be a 50/50 vs my level 90 charizard but almost everything else has worked like 90% of the time.

Mononoke

Banned
Like every single game tells you why this isn't a thing at some point.

I haven't played in a while. Care to tell me why?

EDIT: To clarify: I skipped a couple generations so I'm wondering why you can't edit traded Pokemon names. What is the games justification?

Varna

So I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole EV, IV and Nature aspect of Pokemon training.

So different natures have different affects to Pokemon growth. Attack gains are higher, defense gains are lower, that kind of thing. From some wiki pages I've read it seems like it's about a 10% gain/loss.

EV is the stats you would gain by defeating certain kind of Pokemon in older gens. But now it's replaced entirely by the Super Trainer.

I don't understand IV at all though. Can someone dumb it down for me?

Legatus

Neo Member
Where am I supposed to meet Professor Sycamore after catching the legendary Pokemon. He gave me a ring on the Holochat, but I didn't pay attention to the location.

Cbajd5

When I pushed red, the scientist said that was the one that turned it on, but he said he would have turned it on no matter what I picked.

Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say.

What's his name leader guy wanted it to be a fate thing I think, but didn't care that it didn't go that way either.

Mononoke

Banned
lol you guys.

Seriously, are you really defending the fact that we can't edit traded Pokemon's names? I mean. it's not that big of a deal to me. But lol I didn't expect everyone to NOT want that. Yeesh.

Amooox

Yeah it's a bit annoying. The only way to check now is to save then use a reset bag to see the numbers and soft reset.

It's not too bad for me since I generally just max 2 stats luckily.

I didn't know about the reset bag trick, this helps a lot. Thanks! :D

I wish I could max 2 stats but I don't want to waste 1 stat point :p.

Now to supertrain my team before I continue, supertraining alone makes the game so much better than the old ones.

So I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole EV, IV and Nature aspect of Pokemon training.

So different natures have different affects to Pokemon growth. Attack gains are higher, defense gains are lower, that kind of thing. From some wiki pages I've read it seems like it's about a 10% gain/loss.

EV is the stats you would gain by defeating certain kind of Pokemon in older gens. But now it's replaced entirely by the Super Trainer.

I don't understand IV at all though. Can someone dumb it down for me?

IVs are the genetics of a pokemon. The higher the IVs of a certain stat, the greater that overall stat will be in the end. The reverse is also true.

Zafir

lol you guys.

Seriously, are you really defending the fact that we can't edit traded Pokemon's names? I mean. it's not that big of a deal to me. But lol I didn't expect everyone to NOT want that. Yeesh.
Did they get rid of the guy that can rename Pokemon as well then?

Roto13

lol you guys.

It's called world building.

how do you evolve Riolu into Lucario?

Raise its happiness. Don't let it faint. Use items it likes. (Vitamins, for example, raise happiness.) Walk around with it in your party. Bring it to get massages. Let it hold the Sooth Bell. Catch one in a luxury ball.

I think you're just given a Lucario at some point in the game, though.

Cbajd5

lol you guys.

[sarcasm]

POKEMON AREN'T JUST TOOLS FOR YOU TO CONTROL AND RENAME AT WILL

THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO YOU JERK

YOU WOULDN'T RENAME A KID YOU ADOPTED JUST BECAUSE YOU FELT HE SHOULDN'T HAVE THE NAME HE'S GROWN UP WITH WOULD YOU

THIS IS WHY I WISH TEAM PLASMA HAD SUCCEEDED IN THEIR NOBLE GOAL

[/sarcasm]

also i just like giving pokemon punny names

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Damn, I want an Eevee! :(

I gave a Fennekin away on WT last night.

little old, but are eevees rare?

I've bred about 10 so far ;_;

going to breed hundreds and have an army of eevelutions.

does anyone have a list of what natures etc work best for which eevees? i could onyl find old lists from 20011 or so yesterday when i searched sigh

ramyeon

What luck! I put up one of my adamant Scythers on the GTS for a female Eevee and someone sent me a bred level 1 modest - exactly what I was after! Saves me a lot of hassle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom