• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Do you need the Good Rod to catch Clauncher?

Also I friggin love shiny Tyrunt. Totally gonna try MMing one at some point. Need Japaanese Adamant Ditto though lol

Macka

Loving the game so far. Just about to tackle the fifth gym. Almost 23 hours in now.

1. Greninja [Jiraiya] Lv. 37
2. Charizard [Megiddo] Lv. 37
3. Pangoro [Kamina] Lv.38
4. Doublade [Zanpakuto] Lv. 36
5. Duosion [Homunculus] Lv. 37

I tried using a Helioptile but man...it sucked. It would get knocked out in one hit by pretty much everything and was even worse offensively. I don't know if I'm going to keep Homunculus all the way but he's pretty boss for now.

Gaz_RB

Holy shit, just caught ( pre-gym 2 spoilers )
Snorlax at the bridge. He broke out of the first ultra ball I sent at him, and I was about to give up, thinking he wasn't catchable since he was a story Pokemon, but I chucked one more ultra ball at him and got him.
I don't know how significant that actually is, but it was awesome for me!

mandiller

I evolved an Eevee into a Slyveon and discovered that despite what some say on the internet, you don't have to have max out Pokemon Amie for it to evolve. You do need a fairy type move learnt (one is learnt at level 29). My Amie stats were pretty low though. The pokemon just needs to be happy enough to evolve, like Umbreon and Espeon.

Roto13

Holy shit, just caught ( pre-gym 2 spoilers )
Snorlax at the bridge. He broke out of the first ultra ball I sent at him, and I was about to give up, thinking he wasn't catchable since he was a story Pokemon, but I chucked one more ultra ball at him and got him.
I don't know how significant that actually is, but it was awesome for me!

If you're fighting a Pokemon and it doesn't belong to anyone and it's not dead at the top of the tower in Red/Blue, you can catch it.

Busaiku

I evolved an Eevee into a Slyveon and discovered that despite what some say on the internet, you don't have to have max out Pokemon Amie for it to evolve. You do need a fairy type move learnt (one is learnt at level 29). My Amie stats were pretty low though. The pokemon just needs to be happy enough to evolve, like Umbreon and Espeon.

There is no reason to not max out Affection though.
It is so good.

GAMERG0D

I tried using a Helioptile but man...it sucked. It would get knocked out in one hit by pretty much everything and was even worse offensively. I don't know if I'm going to keep Homunculus all the way but he's pretty boss for now.
Its evolution is so fast, I sweep everything with Thunderbolt and Surf. It's a shame physical attacks wreck him.

jelmerjt

Hi guys, I have two questions regarding Pokerus.

If you put infected Pokemon in a pc box, they keep Pokerus forever right?

Can I put those Pokemon in my party later on so I can get more infected Pokemon?

Shoyz

If you're fighting a Pokemon and it doesn't belong to anyone and it's not dead at the top of the tower in Red/Blue, you can catch it.

Doesn't the game refuse to let you hit the ghost with a Pokeball? Going in a Pokeball at all might be a more encompassing rule.

Cbajd5

I finally beat the game.

Apparently if you give the Amulet Coin to the fist Pokemon in your party, you get a discount in Lumiose Boutique.

I don't think so? I always have an Amulet Coin on my first Pokemon, and things still seem super expensive. Like, a hundred thousand for a bag expensive.

Someone in another store mentioned a Discount Ticket that makes everything half off in a boutique though. No idea how/where to get one though.

Pair Nuzzle with Electro Ball to deal insane damage. It's what my Pikachu used until it got Thunderbolt.

It's weird replacing Thunder Wave. A move that has basically been a staple for any Pikachu family moveset since generation 1.

And I'm convinced Zangoose is impossible to catch in Y. How you can possibly kill off 4 Sevipers before they get to Zangoose is mind blowing to me.

Caladrius

Its evolution is so fast, I sweep everything with Thunderbolt and Surf. It's a shame physical attacks wreck him.

If you super train it it'll be fast and strong enough to blow through almost anything that's weak to its attacks before they can even hurt it. (I run Surf, Parabola charge and grass knot on mine.)

Are there any older ledgendary pokemon on the gts yet or is the transport app not out yet hoping to see ho-oh in the game in 3d at some stage

Shoyz

And I'm convinced Zangoose is impossible to catch in Y. How you can possibly kill off 4 Sevipers before they get to Zangoose is mind blowing to me.

I got it. One seviper bit Zangoose, one attacked me, the other used that bind attack on Zangoose. Killed one first turn.
Second turn one bind Zangoose, one attacked me. Third turn it binded him.

I -think-, might be misremembering. He had one hit left and thankfully bind disabled when I killed the last Seviper.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's weird replacing Thunder Wave. A move that has basically been a staple for any Pikachu family moveset since generation 1.

There's a standalone zangolose. That's how I caught mine.

Just started on X today.

Wow, they finally made TM's re-usable. Between that, Exp. Share, the EV training minigames, and the brilliant online features, Game Freak really made Pokemon so much more convenient to play. Fantastic.

ramyeon

Hunting for a Brave Honedge in the wild since I have nothing to breed with it... This is tiring :( I have a female Abra with synch too but no brave type that will breed with her either.

So, I'm trying to find Rotom in the Lost Hotel. I know that it appears in "Shaking spots" which I'm assuming is the Trash Cans. However, I haven't seen the cans move since the first time I went in there. At that point, the one I checked, i got an item from. so......will the cans ever shake again? Do I have to do something else? I just beat the 7th Gym Leader so I've gotten that far...but I can't figure out where the heck Rotom is.

I'm desperate to find one too since Rotom is my favorite Pokemon lol.

Asking again. it seems like no one knows the answer no matter where i post it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom