• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Oh help, I'm facing down a horde that contains a shiny Vanilite. It's the one on the utter left, but I'm super afraid I'll KO the wrong one as the icons are confusing as hell.

The shiny should be the pokemon on the bottom left of the attack choice menu, right next to your pokemon.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I don't even remember why I was doing this anymore. Can see the progression of figuring out which way to obtain a Synchronize female.

Maybe an Adamant Metang or Modest Litwick? But both of those are a pain to catch or find so maybe I should have just bred for natures after the fact...

Can I have a abra?

Is there an area where Sableye is more common then in Reflection Cave? I've been searching for well over an hour and only seen one which I killed by mistake.

Okay can someone tell me how the Passerby function of the PPS is supposed to work? I begin to think I have a WiFi issue :/ When I connect online the PPS will updated constantly for a about two minutes and then I will see mostly offline players suddenly and then after about 5 minutes I get "Disconnected from Server" :(

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The shiny should be the pokemon on the bottom left of the attack choice menu, right next to your pokemon.

You were right. Now to actually catch this thing. Kinda wished it was a cooler one, but here goes.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Are they different genders? The touch screen tells you the target's genders.

They were all female, but one. Neat, since it's the first one I caught the shiny one is in the Dex. 4/5 were female btw so it was hard to tell.

LuuKyK

I'll add another question on top of yours: could it be that it has several colors? I caught a green one (or maybe pink, I forgot), and later I fought a white one. Any differences between them?

On a different note, I really liked the Glittering cave. This is how all of them should always be.

Yes there are different colors. I think the flower it stands on is similar to the ones where you found it. (like, it appeared when you walked on the yellow-flower-grass, it will have a yellow flower, and so on...).

I could be wrong though.

So, I'm trying to find Rotom in the Lost Hotel. I know that it appears in "Shaking spots" which I'm assuming is the Trash Cans. However, I haven't seen the cans move since the first time I went in there. At that point, the one I checked, i got an item from. so......will the cans ever shake again? Do I have to do something else? I just beat the 7th Gym Leader so I've gotten that far...but I can't figure out where the heck Rotom is.

I'm desperate to find one too since Rotom is my favorite Pokemon lol.
Asking again. Still can't find an answer to this anywhere.
Also offering to trade if someone has a Rotom. Please send me a PM if you've got one as I desperately want one on my team.

jelmerjt

Female Amaura. Timid. Alert to sounds. + Speed haha. Oh well I like it :p

IuJD4y8.jpg

dXGLCUR.jpg

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Purple ice cream. Naive nature. Ice Body.

Was just about to Escape Rope out of that cave when I saw it.

Ezalc

Anybody have a low leveled Skrelp? I wanted to make it part of my permanent team for the game (which looks like this right now)

Greninja : Joseph lv 39
Hawlucha : Rawk Hawk lv 34
Jolteon : Wattson lv 34
Alakazam : Ginosaji lv 34

Last two spots are debatable right now. I want to try and have as much diverse type coverage as possible but I need some good grass, fire and ground types or something. I have Blaziken and Venusaur but they both contain secondary typing that is the same as another pokemon in my party (Hawlucha and an eventual Dragalgea I'm hoping I can get through a kind soul sending me a male Skrelp nicknamed Tarasque).

Anybody know if a Pyroar is a good pokemon? Or maybe if I can find a Torkoal before the E4 or something? I always enjoyed using it even though I'm guessing it's not all that great.

Ultratech

Female Amaura. Timid. Alert to sounds. + Speed haha. Oh well I like it :p

Nice.

I got a Female Tyrunt earlier from my Jaw Fossil.
Not sure if I'm gonna actually raise it yet or not, but I'll definitely be making some Eggs.

Also found two Old Amber as well. Got a female Aerodactyl, which should be fun.

Stoof

I'm not sure what's considered spoilers, so I'll just be safe. In regards to Honedges last evo:
Does anyone know how EVs works for Aegislash? If I put EVs into it's Defense and it switches to Sword Form do the EVs switch with the stats? Or should I put them into Attack if I want max damage?

Elija2

I know nothing about holding out on evolutions. Is it to wait until you get specific moves? If that's the case, what moves should I hold out for before I evolve my Quilladin?

Kenai

...so as thankful as I am for the Growlithe Safari spot, I have also seen Bagons, Togepis, Spritzee (I have X) and more, and i am not even though 1/4th of my list.

My entire week is shot, i can tell. I'm really going to have a hard time pulling myself away for work (and my WoW raid) tomorrow.

one_kill

I'm not sure what's considered spoilers, so I'll just be safe. In regards to Honedges last evo:
Does anyone know how EVs works for Aegislash? If I put EVs into it's Defense and it switches to Sword Form do the EVs switch with the stats? Or should I put them into Attack if I want max damage?
I put them in both

Avalon304

Went through last night catching Pikachus to try and get a light ball... I have a distinct feeling its gonna take me a long time... *sigh*

Is there a combination of two types that has no weaknesses?

Dark/Ghost was ruined with Fairy type, so I was wondering if there were any such combinations left, besides levitate and an electric type, but that doesn't really count.

Well, I spent most of the night just fighting outside of the first seaside town and participating in Wonder Trade. Been picking up tons of Pokemon I didn't have, but none of the starters yet.

Quick question, money seems like a finite resource right now in the game and I've been burning through it pretty quickly on Pokeballs. Is this something I should be concerned about, or does the game provide ways to gain money later besides trainer fights?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wow cant wait for my shiny charmander to hatch..

I was hatching Charmanders like an hour before this. Would have preferred a golden lizard, but hey last shiny I caught was a Quagsire in Fire Red. Before that only the Exploud prevo. All my post third gen shinies are purple.

Elija2

Avoiding the second gym is starting to backfire. My level 31 Combusken has started to disobey me. I guess he's useless until then.

Kenai

Took me less time than I thought getting a fem Togepi. only went through 5.

Did i mention how much I love the Friend Safari? Because I really, really. do.

Oh, and if there was still any question, i can confirm Togepi is fairy type. No normal or normal/fairy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom