• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Did you try putting a Pokemon with Compound Eyes at the front of your party? Faint it then throw in a Pokemon with Frisk in the second slot. Increased chance of finding Pokemon with hold items and a way to check if it's the item you want.

But then Pikachu goes back to a rare encounter. Static+Frisk is probably better.

Roto13

My Pancham just evolved. Pangoro looks awesome. I think this is my favourite new pokemon so far.

The fact that it can learn False Swipe helps.

5o2kIsv.jpg

Less than 24 hours I got one!!! Can I get an Amen!!? :DD

Sorian

Banned
Woops, meant Impish, not Bold. Must've had the Squirtle I'll grab on mind when I was typing. I couldn't find any base stats for Chespin through Google, are they around anywhere?

I don't think anything is set in stone yet. I don't remember now but rumor numbers had Defense has the highest base stat and attack as second highest and that seems to have been the case from what I'm seeing so far.

Roto13

Skate. I'd use the bike more if you could listen to the overworld music. The biking music is great but so is almost every overworld theme.

Just got to Route 15, and wow! I almost don't want to get into battles.

Well, the bike music cuts out as soon as you switch areas.

Sorian

Banned
If you're looking for the dog,
go into the back garden to look for it.

If you've already done that,
go to the balcony on the second floor.

That's really all there is to that place.

And grab cut while you are there because it is missable. Also in the garden, front left lawn.

Mort

Banned
Does anyone have a female Nidoran with its Dream World ability, hustle, they could trade? I'd be willing to trade a shiny Absol I caught for it.

Busaiku

Did you try putting a Pokemon with Compound Eyes at the front of your party? Faint it then throw in a Pokemon with Frisk in the second slot. Increased chance of finding Pokemon with hold items and a way to check if it's the item you want.

Would keeping Pikachu with Static as 2nd increase my chances of finding Pikachus?
Assuming the Compound Eyes is down.

Sorry to repost this, but if someone wouldn't mind answering to put my mind at ease:

Quick question, money seems like a finite resource right now in the game and I've been burning through it pretty quickly on Pokeballs and wardrobe options. Is this something I should be concerned about, or does the game provide ways to gain money later besides trainer fights?

MicH

My hunt for a shiny Tyrunt has begun. Got a Japanese Tyrunt and I'm now trying to breed a female with an adamant nature.

So many Tyrunt

This has probably been covered but I can't find anything with a cursory Google.

How do I get an entry in the Pokédex for the third starter so I can request it in the GTS? Obviously I picked one, and my neighbour battled me with a second one, but where can I get the third one? Is trading the only way to get the entry for it?

Sorian

Banned

How do I get an entry in the Pokédex for the third starter so I can request it in the GTS? Obviously I picked one, and my neighbour battled me with a second one, but where can I get the third one? Is trading the only way to get the entry for it?

Scroll past the A-Z in the trade search thing.

Stuart444

I haven't personally tried it but GTS -> when you can choose the letter, go to bottom and choose "What Pokemon" (or whatever it says) and type in the name of the starter.

Not tried it myself but I assume that should work.

Trading or getting lucky in a wonder trade. Also friend safari in the post-game

I think poke amie is a neat feature my azumarril now dodges moves cuz its in sync with my mind and wants to land critical hits for me :p

For R/S remakes they could add the contest stats into the fold with poke amie

Ferga

You people are crazy. I'll never understand how you can spend hours upon hours resetting/hatching eggs for natures and shiny.

I use to not care but once I started last gen, I don't think I can stop.

I also think that it's because I've become more tighter with spending my money on games nowadays. Squeezing as much playtime as I can from one of my favourite franchises. 18 hours so far and I've only beaten the 3rd gym.

Plus it's nice to have strong pokemon

Elija2

So many people trading their Froakie for a legendary or other starter, and one dude whose trading for a Fletchling. If I hadn't just Wonder Traded mine away I would have done it.

I actually got an english Wartortle from Wonder Trade. It's so crazy to me.

I traded a japanese snubbull I got earlier for it and I kind of feel bad now.

-Horizon-

I think poke amie is a neat feature my azumarril now dodges moves cuz its in sync with my mind and wants to land critical hits for me :p

For R/S remakes they could add the contest stats into the fold with poke amie

It's used up so much of my time.

What is wrong with my Pikachu?

It said "there's something off about Pikachu" in beginning of the battle?

No clue, I've seen nothing wrong with my Delphox. Sometimes it says it's excited, sometimes it looks off.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just want to give carpe libertatum a shout out for having the patience to go through a trade for his larvesta. Thanks a lot for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom