• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirlia

Banned
I know there's a lot of Growlithe/Arcanine fans like me on GAF, so if anyone needs I can catch one from my Safari for anyone who "needs" a puppy Pokemon still. Feel like sharing the love and stuff. PM me since i might lose track of the thread.

I will breed an army of them eventually (like all my games) but for now I'm just happy i got them before December.

I saw a guy earlier who wanted one! Judging from GTS, there are quite a few Vulpix fans as well.

Kenai

I saw a guy earlier who wanted one! Judging from GTS, there are quite a few Vulpix fans as well.

If I could trade for Pokemon without needing to see them first I'd be filling up my Pokedex nicely, but there's a lot I haven't seen. I actually traded one of my Dittos for a Braxien since I still haven't 'seen' a Fennekin yet according to my Pokedex. ~_~

I'm actually cycling through my safaris right now just to see what all is here. I have a ton of AC friends so it's kinda taking a while.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a pattern of sorts for how they form their main team in Pokemon games? I've noticed that it goes like this for me:

- Starter
- Fossil
- Cover legendary
- Three blank spots
No, and it's starting to make me mad. I'm gonna stick with Delphox and Vaporeon as soon as I can get one, but I don't know about the rest. Charizard should be there, but I already have a fire mon. Same with Blastoise. Maybe Venusaur? And do I want Raichu or Jolteon? Aerodactyl? Choosing a team is so hard :/

ramyeon

If I could trade for Pokemon without needing to see them first I'd be filling up my Pokedex nicely, but there's a lot I haven't seen. I actually traded one of my Dittos for a Braxien since I still haven't 'seen' a Fennekin yet according to my Pokedex. ~_~

I'm actually cycling through my safaris right now just to see what all is here. I have a ton of AC friends so it's kinda taking a while.
You don't need to see them to trade. Scroll down to the bottom of the A-Z list.

Can the other gen starters be got anyway yet and is scytor catchable in x? Got a squirrel in wonder trade but looking to get piplup/chikorita

thefil

Probably my favourite part of this game so far is catching a Pokemon I'm not going to use, nicknaming it, and then shipping it off via Wonder Trade.

...HOWEVER

Now that I'm past the second gym, it seems like all I'm getting are Sandiles and Honedges :(.

LuuKyK

Does flabebé have an evo? I don't even remember. If yes at what level it evolves? Same for Pancham.

I forgot them at the Poké-care or whatever.
rolls.gif

entremet

Anyone have a pattern of sorts for how they form their main team in Pokemon games? I've noticed that it goes like this for me:

- Starter
- Fossil
- Cover legendary
- Three blank spots

I broke my patterns since this game allows me to have such a diverse rotation with Exp. Share.

I have 9 revolving Pokes.

ahdurian

I know there's a lot of Growlithe/Arcanine fans like me on GAF, so if anyone needs I can catch one from my Safari for anyone who "needs" a puppy Pokemon still. Feel like sharing the love and stuff. PM me since i might lose track of the thread.

I will breed an army of them eventually (like all my games) but for now I'm just happy i got them before December.

i don't "need" one, but it'd be nice to have one if you do decide to breed some for a group of others as well before December.
otherwise I can wait

Caladrius

My teams usually vary a bit, but there are a couple of Pokemon archetypes that show up on my teams a lot.

-Starter
-Early game flyer.
-Glass cannon (usually a special sweeper)
-Ghost type, Water Type (water type on all teams, ghost for most)
-Thing with weaponized arms (no seriously, many of my favorite pokemon fit this description, Gallade, Bisharp, Kabutops, Scizor, Golurk, Magmortar if they're in the dex at least one of them goes onto my team)
-Pokemon included for gaping type coverage holes.
-HM slave

EDIT:
Does anyone know the ideal level to evolve Doublade at? I don't want to miss the good moves

After 45. Learns Iron head for a STAB move, great for the fairy gym. Sacred sword is available at level 51 but you probably have a pokemon that already has a fighting move.

Saprol

I don't even remember why I was doing this anymore. Can see the progression of figuring out which way to obtain a Synchronize female.

Maybe an Adamant Metang or Modest Litwick? But both of those are a pain to catch or find so maybe I should have just bred for natures after the fact...

Elija2

Are Kangaskhan tougher to catch than other Pokemon? It's health is in the red and yet it breaks free from my Pokeballs right away.

Voror

So is there any other way than the Safari to obtain Pokemon that have their hidden abilities? I was hoping to get my Froakie with his since it seems very useful.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh help, I'm facing down a horde that contains a shiny Vanilite. It's the one on the utter left, but I'm super afraid I'll KO the wrong one as the icons are confusing as hell.

Ultratech

Does anyone know the ideal level to evolve Doublade at? I don't want to miss the good moves

I've heard somewhere in the 50s.

Couldn't tell you for sure.

Are Kangaskhan tougher to catch than other Pokemon? It's health is in the red and yet it breaks free from my Pokeballs right away.

All about that RNG.

I got my first Kangaskahn fine with my first ball.

Meanwhile, I wasted a good number of balls on an Absol that was in red and sleeping, and I finally just killed the damn thing because I wasn't getting anywhere.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Does flabebé have an evo? I don't even remember. If yes at what level it evolves? Same for Pancham.

I forgot them at the Poké-care or whatever.
rolls.gif
I'll add another question on top of yours: could it be that it has several colors? I caught a green one (or maybe pink, I forgot), and later I fought a white one. Any differences between them?

On a different note, I really liked the Glittering cave. This is how all of them should always be.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Oh help, I'm facing down a horde that contains a shiny Vanilite. It's the one on the utter left, but I'm super afraid I'll KO the wrong one as the icons are confusing as hell.

Capture both of them?

Trey

Is Mild a good nature for Froakie?

It's what I have but naive/hasty is better if you want to have Froakie mixed, and timid is better if you are looking for a special sweeper.

His overall best set will be determined when we know its entire movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom