• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Where is Vanillite?
Level 20 seems pretty low, unless it was a Horde, I guess.

Horde in Frost Cave. Was extra nervous because of it. Had KO'd the last pokemon I wanted in a horde before.

Doesnt this happen just with traded Pokemon? Though I guess Torchic is "technically" traded...

I think the game says something along the lines that any Pokemon past a certain level will not listen to its owner if they don't have the appropriate badge..ex. any Pokemon past level 30 won't obey if you don't have the second gym badge. I don't remember it specifying traded only, but I could have easily skimmed over it.

Sorian

Banned
i don't get why he's avoiding the gym in general

Let's be honest, if this was real life, I don't want to just beat the gym leader, I want to grind him/her into submission.

I think the game says something along the lines that any Pokemon past a certain level will not listen to its owner if they don't have the appropriate badge..ex. any Pokemon past level 30 won't obey if you don't have the second gym badge.

No, if you threw the pokeball to catch it then it will listen to you at level 100 with 0 badges. The only exceptions to this rule are being handed a pokemon by a professor.

Kenai

Doesnt this happen just with traded Pokemon? Though I guess Torchic is "technically" traded...

No, that mechanic has been around since the very beginning. It's a dis-incentive to overleveling in addition to having a friend trade you their leveled ubers. Disobedience is far more common in traded Pokemon though.

Roto13

I think the game says something along the lines that any Pokemon past a certain level will not listen to its owner if they don't have the appropriate badge..ex. any Pokemon past level 30 won't obey if you don't have the second gym badge. I don't remember it specifying traded only, but I could have easily skimmed over it.

Only Pokemon you're not the original trainer of.

ramyeon

Finished EV training a Scyther only to realise I had withdrawn the wrong one, it had Swarm ability instead of Technician. Starting over now haha.

parasight

Chained with PokeRadar up to 40, twice without any shiny to show for. Few minutes later, caught a Shiny Wartortle in Friend Safari. At least I got one today!

Aytrial

I managed to breed my Squirtle and traded it for all the other available starters. Was easy but feels good.

I still can't believe someone had a female Squirtle up specifically for a male Eevee though.

Mik317

It's what I have but naive/hasty is better if you want to have Froakie mixed, and timid is better if you are looking for a special sweeper.

His overall best set will be determined when we know its entire movepool.

I don't know exactly what those mean lol but thanks.

Hey guys, recommended nature for Chespin? Seems like Bold Impish, Adamant, and Careful are the best options, but I want to make sure before I dive in head first.

C'mon, give me a darn Light Ball already.

Did you try putting a Pokemon with Compound Eyes at the front of your party? Faint it then throw in a Pokemon with Frisk in the second slot. Increased chance of finding Pokemon with hold items and a way to check if it's the item you want.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Holy crap! The full Lumiose City is huge. This is what Castelia City from Black/White should have been. The music being good is the cherry on top, seeing as I'm about to waste a lot of time exploring the whole city.

pulga

Banned
Well, fuck. Guess that's why Mihael Mello Keehl wanted all those Fletchinders, including the one I traded away. Alas, without his Charmander I wouldn't have gotten a Ditto so it all comes back to the beginning.

Fuckin poetic innit :lol

Gvaz

Banned
wonder trading sounds neat but i hate the leveling/ev decrease you get from trades. Also the inability to rename dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom