• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Travelled back to the forest to look for a light ball Pikachu, first bit of grass, and I catch one. I'm having all the luck right now.

Mik317

Really wish this game was more difficult, I'm finding myself like 10 levels over every enemy and I haven't even stopped to grind. Just fought every trainer. :/

One-shotting Gym Leader Pokemon...

Turn off the exp share asap and then try to experiment with your team. I was getting destroyed at one point then I turned on the exp share to catch up and that was a wrap for everything else. Megas also become a win button of sorts (Lucario could just be hax tho) So you have to be your own difficulty level.

i wish we had a hard mode from the jump. That's one of the next improvements. I get that want to keep it relatively easy for beginners and kids to get through so meet the hardcore/insane half way.

Elija2

My Pokemon show max affection in Pokemon Amie until I actually play with them, then they drop down to zero. Why does it do that?

Vire

Turn off the exp share asap and then try to experiment with your team. I was getting destroyed at one point then I turned on the exp share to catch up and that was a wrap for everything else. Megas also become a win button of sorts (Lucario could just be hax tho) So you have to be your own difficulty level.

i wish we had a hard mode from the jump. That's one of the next improvements. I get that want to keep it relatively easy for beginners and kids to get through so meet the hardcore/insane half way.

I like exp share though, I don't like individually leveling each Pokemon. I just wish the AI's Pokemon were leveled higher to match mine.

I mean I remember at least struggling with the Emolga in the Black/White Thunder Gym. This game has been a joke so far, oh well still enjoying it.

-Horizon-

Not sure if the Girl is the same as the guy but yeah they come off as super salty.

TBF tho, you kinda crush all of their dreams except Shauna and Tierno. You destory Trevor in the pokedex and up body and one up your main rival. You probably kick Shauna's Pokemon and then beat Tierno, you got served style too.

You are the Gary Oak now
Finally :D

Mononoke

Banned
Been kind of let down with Charizard from level 60-80. I was expecting another Dragon move by now. Dragon Rage is just silly. Also..all of his fire moves are just pointless. I keep passing them up, as they don't make sense to replace what I already have. I finally foolishly gave up on Flame Thrower for Flare Blitz (because I'm a physical/fire with Charizard X) - but that recoil damage is pretty substantial. Meh god.

Hahahaha...

Saved before getting my Tyrunt so I could reset as many times as it took to get an Adamant one - easier than breeding one, right? So I get it, and I'm about to go into my party and check it's nature when my hand leads the cursor to "Save" for some reason. No problem, I'll just exit out! Except instead of pushing B I push A and I save.

What a tremendous fuck-up. Sabotaged by muscle memory. Guess I have to wait for a Ditto to get my Adamant Tyrunt.

ivysaur12

Banned
FYI, there's a marker in the top right of your Pokemon's status screen that tells you what country's it's from. If nothing there, it's from your country.

OmegaX

I'm trying to get a light ball. I have my fainted pikachu first so it's static ability attracts more pikachus and my espurr is killing them with covet. Over 100 Dead pikachu later and still no light ball. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: nvm got it

Seik

Banned
Finally found the game today, bought X.

Hell, this is good! I didn't expect it to be so good, to a point I never leaved my 3DS since I booted the game. 4h30 in!

ivysaur12

Banned
Does it still work that I can put in a Haunter to the GTS, ask for like a lv. 5 Xerneas, and then immediately take it back and it evolves?

I purposely left my 3DS at home today because I was afraid of what would happen if I took it to work.

Now I am sitting here on my lunch break regretting that decision.

Never leave home without your pokemans.

Acid08

Banned
Anyone with X catch a Staryu yet? Been fishing along Route 8 with the Old Rod for half and hour and just keep getting shitty Luvdiscs. Do I need a better rod or am I in the wrong place?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got Inkay to evolve into Malamar. Didn't work the first couple times, but the third time, I turned it upside down before it even showed the experience gained and that seemed to take.

Can someone with a Doublade/Aegislash or insight on Sacred Sword tell me if I should teach it to him?

It seems to be a signature move of sorts, but since it's Fighting type, I'm leaning towards skipping it.

Mik317

I like exp share though, I don't like individually leveling each Pokemon. I just wish the AI's Pokemon were leveled higher to match mine.

I mean I remember at least struggling with the Emolga in the Black/White Thunder Gym. This game has been a joke so far, oh well still enjoying it.

The EXP Share isn't helping but I understand fully. It's either become Pokegod or you are stuck grinding.

Berordn

Can someone with a Doublade/Aegislash or insight on Sacred Sword tell me if I should teach it to him?

It seems to be a signature move of sorts, but since it's Fighting type, I'm leaning towards skipping it.

Fighting is a fantastic offensive type and Sacred Sword is a fantastic move. Take it and wreck stuff.

Ezalc

Anyone with X catch a Staryu yet? Been fishing along Route 8 with the Old Rod for half and hour and just keep getting shitty Luvdiscs. Do I need a better rod or am I in the wrong place?

Better rod I think.

Anybody know where the TM for Thunderbolt is?

Zoolader

Just bought this game a few hours ago and I'm hooked! I chose Fennekin as my starter pokemon and he is destroying these poor wild pokemon. So far withing my first hour I captured Bennelby, Zigzagoon, Fletchling, Pidgey, Scatterbug, Weedle, Pansear, and PIKACHU! So far zigzagoon is my favorite new pokemon as she reminds me of my real life chow dog. So much has been added since I played Red so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the new features, especially with the menu. I'm gonna take a short break and read some guides online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom