• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soft resetting for the right starter nature is going to drive me insane. If I have to go through the entire choosing and naming sequence much more...

Azure J

Thanks, damn I guess my jolteon is going to take a while to learn an electric move then.

Jolteon learns Discharge at level 37. It's decent (and becomes godlike if your Jolt is special attack inclined) with 80 base attack and a 50% chance (or some stupidly higher percentage than the Thundershock - Bolt - Thunder line of special attack moves). Problem with it is in double battles and the like, it hits everything on screen, friend or foe.

jelmerjt

Found a female Eevee :)

5eqwCoI.jpg

Berordn

Hmm, true, to be honest I've also been debating whether to use it or shadow sneak. Shadow sneak is weak as hell but I like its priority.

He's not the speediest thing in the world, so the priority is actually pretty nice. On the other hand he's got a ton of stronger ghost moves for coverage. It's a tough trade-off.

Berordn

Really? The aforementioned STAB is what I was concerned about, but I suppose it can't hurt. Thanks :D

Not getting STAB shouldn't be a concern for something with as beastly an attack stat as Aegislash, especially when his Steel options are limited and not terribly compelling choices.

Why are you guys obsessing over natures for your starters? It's not like they'll be competitively viable in the end, so just enjoy the ride, and leave the obsession for breeding after the fun is done. :) that's my advice, anyway. No point in worrying about natures when their IVs are likely crap.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He's not the speediest thing in the world, so the priority is actually pretty nice. On the other hand he's got a ton of stronger ghost moves for coverage. It's a tough trade-off.

Actually that's what I've been thinking about, especially when it comes to his ability. With a low priority, maybe he can in a turn tank the first hit, then go to sword mode and do his attack. Have to test this out.

Jintor

Damnit, nearly got a Japanese ditto for an Eevee but my spare was in the battle box and you can't access that from the GTS. Lame!

Adamant or Jolly. Adamant is if you want to make sure things don't get up when you hit them. Jolly is if you want to disregard their offense and substitute your own.

My reasoning was that with Speed Boost Jolly would be less needed, as its base speed isn't much to write home about anyway. Although of course the Jolly boost gets you more out of the mounting speed buffs; my main concern was making sure that I wouldn't be missing out on something meaningful in a mixed sweeper build by nuking his special attack. I'll probably take whatever I get first between adamant and jolly, just to save time. I'm not trying to spend all night here resetting!

Why are you guys obsessing over natures for your starters? It's not like they'll be competitively viable in the end, so just enjoy the ride, and leave the obsession for breeding after the fun is done. :) that's my advice, anyway. No point in worrying about natures when their IVs are likely crap.
Why dont you just let people do what they want? :p

ramyeon

I'm breeding modest natured Eevee's at the moment, pretty good nature for Sylveon. If anybody wants one send me a PM. I'll be getting rid of those that aren't shiny haha.

You know how when you're playing a game and you come across a small but nice attention to detail or quirk that just impresses?

This game is basically 60 hours of that.

To list some stuff (spoilers up to the second gym):

Some Pokemon can high-five you in Amie (I did this with Chespin and Squirtle)
Your bike's headlight turns on during the night
Weather effects decorate the menu panels during battle
You player character kneels down to speak to small children and Pokemon
You can save and battle/trade online while sitting on chairs and benches. In the second gym, there's a bench at the back of it that exists for no other purpose than to give you a scenic view of the interior waterfall

Love this game.

Not getting STAB shouldn't be a concern for something with as beastly an attack stat as Aegislash, especially when his Steel options are limited and not terribly compelling choices.

Aegislash Iron head can 1-shot most fairies that come out.

Useful if you need a counter to a dragon check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom