• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoyz

huh weird this games got some weird things going on :/

I'm going to chalk it up to me accidentally tossing it when trying to equip it to the Pokemon I meant to put it on afterwards or something.

That said, one Pokemon away from completing the 'Seen' portion of the first dex! 35 caught away from completing it..completely.

I'm going to chalk it up to me accidentally tossing it when trying to equip it to the Pokemon I meant to put it on afterwards or something.

That said, one Pokemon away from completing the 'Seen' portion of the first dex! 35 caught away from completing it..completely.

nice :D i really want to complete this dex since it seems like a lot of fun this time around

Jindujun

Neo Member
speaking of weird things, anyone else notice that pokemon bred in the day care now hatch in the same type of pokeball as their parent rather than being put in a regular ball?

Zenaku

Does anyone know where I can find a sun stone to evolve my Helioptile?

Do you have access to the Mega Ring yet? If so, go to the city where you got it (3rd gym?) and find the hiker NPC; he'll swap you a sun stone for an item one of your friend NPCs gave you during the Mega Ring event.

Bassun

Do you have access to the Mega Ring yet? If so, go to the city where you got it (3rd gym?) and find the hiker NPC; he'll swap you a sun stone for an item one of your friend NPCs gave you during the Mega Ring event.

Awesome, I don't have one yet but thanks for the heads up

Shoyz

Or you can catch using a masterball and breed that for funsies.

Does that rule apply to Ditto? It would be pretty funny having an entire team of masterballed pokemon.

I suppose it could also be used to put Pokemon in a pokeball which it would be impossible to have been caught in otherwise (assuming it works with ditto).

Robin64

what's that?
Also people use anything other than regular pokeballs for anything but the legendaries?

I mix it up just for variety. Premier Ball on something cool, water types in a Net Ball or Dive Ball, cave guys in a Dusk Ball.

I like that they have different effects when they open in battle.

That's actually awesome.
It can be traded online or something?

unfortunately it cant be traded online but it can be shown to others through the pss feature

anyway if there is anyone i missed just send me a pm if ure interested for some water turtles (gotta go to bed)
just in case ill leave my fc here

5455 9897 2427

and my ingame name is yuri anyway hope you enjoy everyone and sorry to those i missed :(

Lissar

Reluctant Member
That's actually awesome.
It can be traded online or something?

I wish there was a way to share it more easily. Unfortunately all you can do is click the person when they're online and hope they'll agree to show their PR videos.

I would totally get into it even more if there was a way to export and share them. Really disappointed in that, but well Nintendo.

This is the most immersive Pokémon game I've played since Silver. I enjoyed White but I got the eight badges and never completed the Elite Four.

Can't wait until I can actually do some breeding and training though.

Mael

unfortunately it cant be traded online but it can be shown to others through the pss feature

I wish there was a way to share it more easily. Unfortunately all you can do is click the person when they're online and hope they'll agree to show their PR videos.

I would totally get into it even more if there was a way to export and share them. Really disappointed in that, but well Nintendo.

Ok so this is a streetpass feature at 1rst, guess they didn't have time to make a proper online version...
I'm still majorly bummed I'll have to abandon my AC town ;_;
I only have time to play on commute since life took over.
I'll play this game forever I think....
I still need to do the Elite4 in Diamond after all these years!
Battle speed isn't a problem anymore, right?

Ok so this is a streetpass feature at 1rst, guess they didn't have time to make a proper online version...

i think this is a fairly fast game despite frame drops id say its faster than gen 5

Sponge

Banned
I hatched a shiny Phantump! So happy with it.

Gotta think of a good name for it though.

Twvlpi1.jpg

ryz

Yesterday I've beaten the elite four/champion, then
caught Mewtwo and Zyrgarde. What should I do now besides trying to encounter Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres and catching all Pokemon I encounter?

Kyzon

Lightning fast with the fast text enabled and battle animation off.

Mael

i think this is a fairly fast game despite frame drops id say its faster than gen 5

Ok so this should be way less of a bother to play.
I'm very happy with the Xp share system since I think I won't feel a connection to the pkmn I'll train that way.
I mean it's kinda like the trainer area, you leave for someone else to do it you don't see it evovlve and get stronger.
Kinda like in rpgs where everyone gets the same Xp and you never use them and at the end they're lvl 50 and you never ever used them anyway and feel like they served no purpose at all...

Also Nintendo is offering a special Torchic through their gift system and people keep talking about their Kanto starter of choice here, any relation to each other?

Artemisia

Banned
I'm so fucking tired of flinch. 3 fucking bites getting flinch in a row, two of them being critical hits, and then a fire fang burning me? Confusion is awful too.

LegoArmo

Got a Japanese Ditto, but had to give up my Quilladdin. Good thing it's not so hard to raise a Pokemon to level 20-ish these days. That Ditto should help me a lot with breeding too.

I've been having a freaking blast with this game, I can't believe they finally fixed EV training. I got one of those Reset Bags and it took me about an hour to get everything done on my Greninja.

I love this game.

Frogstep

I'm so fucking tired of flinch. 3 fucking bites getting flinch in a row, two of them being critical hits, and then a fire fang burning me? Confusion is awful too.

Confusion is the fucking worst. Especially when you use it on targets and they get endless lucky and still get to attack you.

Beat the 3rd Gym...I really over-trained, near EV maxed Alakazam finished it in 5 turns.
I also get a berry mutation (I guess this is how you get some of the berries):
Pomeg berry (HP EV down) from Mago+Iapapa berry (I think you just grow them next to each other).

Speaking of berries do the ones you found on routes regrow. I kind of gave away my only sitrus berry...

speaking of weird things, anyone else notice that pokemon bred in the day care now hatch in the same type of pokeball as their parent rather than being put in a regular ball?
I noticed that. I also noticed that mothers can pass moves down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom