• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Got Sylveon. The speed is pretty low though, I was hoping it would be faster. I'll keep it in my party for a while to see what it does. Aegislash feels a bit useless without some moves I need to get the Move Releaner to teach it.

Avalon304

What pokemon are you leading out with to improve your odds?
Another Static-enabled Pikachu to bring other electric-types out of hiding or something with Compoundeyes to increase the likelihood of a held item being triggered?

Not using anything. (Dont have Compound Eyes, didnt know that Static brought out other electric types). Its not really important, but I dont think Ive ever had one so I wanted to see how much it helped Pikachu's stats.

Well all I gotta do now is build my competitive team lololol.

I hope that in Z we see Lysandre again in some way (Possibly new champion for the plot twist)

I feel like he's not done yet and I loved his theme.

Robin64

Oh shit, leading with a Pikachu gives more chance of getting Pikachu. No wonder my friend was all "This is a great spot!" and I was all "No way, it's shit!"

StayDead

3rd gym was pitifully easy. My dudes were like 12 levels above the leader. Gotta start mixing it up soon because it's only going to get worse

Oh yeah, I just got a
Lapras
for free. Gen 1, Gen 1 everywhere.

I always have been changing my party due to XP share and I was actually underlevelled for the third gym, but I got it thanks to my man
Mr. Mime
:D

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well all I gotta do now is build my competitive team lololol.

I hope that in Z we see Lysandre again in some way (Possibly new champion for the plot twist)

I feel like he's not done yet and I loved his theme.
Champion should be
that little yellow girl.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally beat the second gym, after 19 hours or so since I started playing (game time, not real life!). For the first time ever, it seems I overleveled my Pokemon a little, because Quilladin wouldn't obey me anymore (I had traded Chespin) and I had 2 others over the 30 limit, which was what my only medal allowed me to control.

I have a Delphox and Chesnaught now. Will probably post pics of shiny Delphy tonight.

KHlover

Banned
Does a Raichu with Static also increase the spawn chances of Pikachu? Because I already evolved mine and now need a Lightball ASAP...

Robin64

For those asking a few pages ago, my gift Torchic is female. Well, not Torchic anymore, Combusken for now.

Wait, really? Everyone has reported getting male. Not to mention Joe is usually pretty good...

Ia0ReVc.png

This could change everything!

nubbe

Don't know what team to build, there are too many pokemons
They need to kill off a few hundreds in a war or ebola epedemic

Vhalyar

This could change everything!

Not really, since there are multiple confirmations that a male pokemon passes down his ability - including a hidden one - to the offspring.

Get your male Torchic and a ditto to pump out eggs and it's much easier to make a good Speed Boost Torchic than resetting for that one gift.

Pokemon inherit the PokeBall of its parents now apparently.
I wonder when Pokebank happens if love balls will transfer? IIRC those were only HG/SS (unless they came back...). Safari balls should be a similar rare thing. Unless they reverted to Pokeballs in Gen 5.

The real challenge, not getting perfect IVs; getting perfect IVs and rare ball types.

So is breeding insanely complicated still or is it more approachable? I've gotten to the daycare center but there wasn't exactly a tutorial that tells you what Pokemon can and cannot be mated for breeding. I mean, do we still have our Wailord x Skitty pairing?

cliophate

Neo Member
I'm gathering up friends for the Safari:
0576-3769-6238

Add me if you want and PM me your code with your name.
(I'm located in Germany if anybody cares)

So is breeding insanely complicated still or is it more approachable? I've gotten to the daycare center but there wasn't exactly a tutorial that tells you what Pokemon can and cannot be mated for breeding. I mean, do we still have our Wailord x Skitty pairing?
Pretty much. Some inheritance stuff seems to have changed (Pokeballs are now inherited...weird, females appear to pass moves down).
If you don't know your eggs groups you'll have to deposit Pokemon and ask the guy outside. If he says "prefer to play with others" that means they can't breed. The other flavour text means the same things as always.

The thing to watch out for is when he has an egg. It too me ages to realize it is when he is facing the path (rather than looking into the daycare).

Man, the 6th gym was one spot where I really felt the lack of 3D. The motif there would've worked perfectly for the that kind of "sunken in" diorama depth.

Forkball

Damn this Metang and it's extremely low capture rate!
Edit: Finally got it, thanks Timer Ball.

For hard Pokemon like that, it's worth carrying a Quick Ball. I've caught so many Pokemon in the first turn with that thing, I even think it worked on a legendary or two.

I think if I keep doing Wonder Trading, I will eventually have a Japanese version of every Pokemon I've caught.

For hard Pokemon like that, it's worth carrying a Quick Ball. I've caught so many Pokemon in the first turn with that thing, I even think it worked on a legendary or two.

I think if I keep doing Wonder Trading, I will eventually have a Japanese version of every Pokemon I've caught.
I did throw a quick ball, it shook once then broke free.

It has been nice going in blind this time. Any proud Hawluncha teams? What an amazing pokemon who has some interesting moves and typing.
I have noticed that most new Pokemon half way in this game are rather terrible. The fairy pokemons haven't been that many impressive ones outside classical OP pokemon like Gardevoir.

KHlover

Banned
Man, the 6th gym was one spot where I really felt the lack of 3D. The motif there would've worked perfectly for the that kind of "sunken in" diorama depth.

What really got me was the scene where you freed the archeologist from the bad guys. You could activate 3D in this scene, even walk around with it and it looked GLORIOUS.

Edit: Just arrived in the power plant - 3D. Aww yeah.

Simzyy

Does anyone know what the requirement is to be let into the clothes shop in Lumiose City?

I just want to be stylish, dammit :(

I went to the dog stylist store and got every style done and they let me in after that.

What additional requirements I may have done before hand I don't know but that is defiantly one of them. Clothes don't seem to have an effect.

CassSept

I'm a little puzzled about Winding Woods, if anyone can help
I'm pretty sure I scoured the entirety of it and got everything, but there is still this little area that I can't reach. In the biggest room in top left there is a little L-shaped patch of grass that I can't find my way to. I'd be confident I found everything if it weren't for it. Is there a way to reach it or is it just there to tease player?

Does anyone know were can I get a Dusk Stone...?

Super Secret Training, there is a chance to get it from the level with Aegislash. Eventually I came across one deep in Terminus Cave, near 7th Gym city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom