• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Doing my last bit of super training now. Then I gotta get these 3 pokemon up to level 50-60ish. Anyone have recommendations on good grind spots for that?

Artemisia

Banned
6 more levels until Clawitzer. Already finished EV training it; poured 252 into both HP and Defense. I hope the base stats were correct; I mean Clauncher doesn't have much Sp Atk now, it better shoot up when he evolves.

Also, thinking of scrapping Talonflame for Hawlucha. Need a fighting type in my party, and I already have Delphox covering fire.

The choices for males is really lacking :(

Yeah, but there's pretty much everything I'd want so it doesn't really matter to me.

OcsDgMS.jpg

Happy enough with him.

3rd gym was pitifully easy. My dudes were like 12 levels above the leader. Gotta start mixing it up soon because it's only going to get worse

Oh yeah, I just got a
Lapras
for free. Gen 1, Gen 1 everywhere.

ramyeon

Where are yall buying all those clothes, is that when they open up lumiose city or somehing?
Yeah but the only thing he's wearing from there is the shirt I'm pretty sure. Maybe the bag but you can't see it in the pic :p

The hat and pin is from other city's stores and the pants and shoes look like the default ones.

Robin64

From what I can tell, these are all the version exclusives (discounting Mega forms). So if you're the kind of person who likes equivalent trade, well here you go.

X <---> Y

Clauncher <--> Skrelp
Swirlix <--> Spritzee
Staryu <--> Shellder
Pinsir <--> Heracross
Sawk <--> Throh
Houndour <--> Electrike
Poochyena <--> Purrloin
Aron <--> Larvitar
Xerneas <--> Yveltal

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Faced the second gym leader with a Lucario that was 4 levels higher than her first Pokemon. It only took one attack. Done.

My Lucario is formed of rage in the image of God.

Yeah but the only thing he's wearing from there is the shirt I'm pretty sure. Maybe the bag but you can't see it in the pic :p

The hat and pin is from other city's stores and the pants and shoes look like the default ones.

Yeah, the beanie and badge are from I think it's the first clothes place you come across, the city before Lumiose I think? Boots, jeans and bag are default.

Shirt was the only thing I wanted from Boutique Couture and even if it wasn't the prices'd prevent me from buying much else, haha.

Mononoke

Banned
About the three birds... (After you the beat the game)
So I just beat the game. On my VERY first encounter in the wild, I'm getting a golden flash, and a wild Articuno shows up. But I can't do anything. It always just flys away. It doesn't even give me a chance to do a single thing. It's almost like it's a scripted event.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? This is the FIRST encounter in the wild after I won. And strangely enough, I'm able to boot up my save before this moment, and keep having it happen over and over again. I'm assuming you can't capture it right now, and this is just a scripted event.

ramyeon

Yeah, the beanie and badge are from I think it's the first clothes place you come across, the city before Lumiose I think? Boots, jeans and bag are default.

Shirt was the only thing I wanted from Boutique Couture and even if it wasn't the prices'd prevent me from buying much else, haha.
The mens stuff there is so boring :( I have the same shirt as you but in red, a black version of the default hat, beige skinny jeans and a red version of the default boots. With a vinyl black leather looking bag. The girls stuff looks so varied in comparison.

So I just beat the game. On my VERY first encounter in the wild, I'm getting a golden flash, and a wild Articuno shows up. But I can't do anything. It always just flys away. It doesn't even give me a chance to do a single thing. It's almost like it's a scripted event.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? This is the FIRST encounter in the wild after I won. And strangely enough, I'm able to boot up my save before this moment, and keep having it happen over and over again.
Yeah it happened to me.
Serebii says that you have to encounter them 12 times for them to go to the Sea Spirit's Den where you can actually battle your respective bird.

Robin64

Has anyone else had this happen to them? This is the FIRST encounter in the wild after I won. And strangely enough, I'm able to boot up my save before this moment, and keep having it happen over and over again. I'm assuming you can't capture it right now, and this is just a scripted event.

You need to encounter it 12 times before it runs to a place to land where you can fight it properly.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Edit: Has anyone found out what increases O-power regeneration speed?
I noticed a 4 before the new day, but it reverted to normal afterwards.

Every town has stores for clothes?

Thats normal....what was the last pokemon you played?

Been a long time, don't remember. Is this how it plays out in every generation?
Pretty much, this one a bit different based of posts above though.
The 12Xs encounter.

It's not normal, it's slightly different this time. Previously you would find a roaming Pokemon and have a chance to stop it running. That's not the case this time.
Yea I see.
You cant throw a masterball? Or do you even have one by this time??

Robin64

Pretty much, this one a bit different based of posts above though.
The 12Xs encounter.

Yea I see.
You cant throw a masterball? Or do you even have one by this time??

You can't do anything, the option to press a button doesn't even appear. It's literally just a chase this time until it settles and you can actually fight it.

Never paid a ton of attention when I saw them before but I've gotten a female pseudo-legendary from 3 gens already. All will be available for trade once I decide what I want.

Zelias

Banned
Friend Safari is seriously addicting. Thanks to everyone who has added me so far! Already got a few Hidden Ability mons.

Gonna have to breed a bunch of synchronizers though, since the mons you find in the Safari have at least 2 perfect IVs, with the right IVs and nature they can simply be EV trained up and they're ready to go (unless you need egg moves). Awesome system.

Question about post-game legendaries:
Do we know if the legendary birds have a static nature at Sea Spirit's Den or are they soft-resettable?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh man, if aegislash moves last he will switch to his sword forme after the initial attack. After that you can go for a king's shield priority move to go back into shield forme or play mind games and use other moves.

Considering the fact that he can also do sword dance in shield forme, is there any chance that he won't be in uber? With the way he is speed doesn't even matter as long as you get a priority attack move like shadow sneak.

Milennia

Oh man, if aegislash moves last he will switch to his sword forme after the initial attack. After that you can go for a king's shield priority move to go back into shield forme or play mind games and use other moves.

Considering the fact that he can also do sword dance in shield forme, is there any chance that he won't be in uber? With the way he is speed doesn't even matter as long as you get a priority attack move like shadow sneak.

Or you can just tech him into any trick room comp ever.

HawthorneKitty

Dafuq, I was giving awesome trades in an random trade invitation and she declined them all until the Japanese accepted a trade for her Snorlax for my Japanese Bunnelby.

I doubt he'll reach Uber, too many Dragons that could easily slap his shit.

Milennia

I think abomasnow is going to be bigger ( even bigger than 3 spots int he top 8 at worlds) due to the fact that he is the only real mega evo that a team can revolve around thats competitive and proven other than tyranitar....

Hailroom is already big, but with abomasnow becoming more beefy for basically free id like to see if it can overtake normal trick room comps consistently now.

Avalon304

Been catching Pikachus all night in hopes of finding a Light Ball... still nothing. Why must this thing be so rare? (Alternatively: Why must I be so unlucky?)

UberTag

Been catching Pikachus all night in hopes of finding a Light Ball... still nothing. Why must this thing be so rare? (Alternatively: Why must I be so unlucky?)
What pokemon are you leading out with to improve your odds?
Another Static-enabled Pikachu to bring other electric-types out of hiding or something with Compoundeyes to increase the likelihood of a held item being triggered?

HawthorneKitty

Hrrrrrg finally done with my Ditto box; Lax was not working for a while so I'll have half a dozen or so Dittos to offload in the afternoon.

Atram

same problem here, will wondertrade all the 60+ pikachus. Hope today after Work to catch one, lol.

Forgot the first 2 hours to put my pikachu in the first place to raise the encounters xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom