• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Think I'm going to take my time with this one. I plowed through Black in about a week and it took me around 30 hours. After that I just felt burned out and never really did much else with the game.

I'm #TeamX and I think I'm going to end up catching all the pokemon I can and fighting every trainer I can find so I don't miss anything.

I'm going digital since I lost my Pokemon Black cart, which had like three years worth of Pokemon on it. I'm going to miss my legit level 95 Charizard.

sry.. what i mean by that is, if you are going to be playing online and doing EV training and all that. its better to have the game on you all the time even if u wanna switch cartridges. And you're less inclined to trade it in since you'll probably have a crap ton of trained Pokemon on it and such.

But on the other hand if you just playing it casually for the story. then after you beat the game if you still have the physical copy you can trade it in, since i doubt you'd want to keep on your 3ds that might only last you 1-2 months. Hope that was a bit more clear

Or you can buy digital/physical based on the benefits of the storage, rather than the reasons you just said...

Myself, I'm going digital at midnight if my copy hasn't arrived by then, and returning my physical copy should it arrive any later than that :)

red_knight

Neo Member
so everyone change his mind when charizard (mega) X come .
and my favorite pokemon Blastoise has only one mega evolution :( . why?

me :
#teamX
#Fennekin

Question. Any confirmation if we can back up our saves on the digital copy? Or is it blocked like in AC? That will probably determine if I go retail or digital.

I don't have any idea about Pokemon online gameplay, do you battle random people in matchmaking or do you need friend codes to set up matches?

I'm sure it's the latter.

Kouriozan

I don't have any idea about Pokemon online gameplay, do you battle random people in matchmaking or do you need friend codes to set up matches?

There is both, normally.
You can fight random people somewhere in the game, but it's not really a matchmaking, it's several NPC using real trainers's Pokémons.
Don't know if X/Y have more options, I know you can battle streetpassed trainers.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I could buy it this week or next week; it'll surely be mine though. First Pokémon title ever I'll seriously play (my sister had Platinum, but I didn't play it that much). Very, very interested :D

Jofamo

Anyone have any idea when GAME will send out preordered digital codes? I went with them for the free Pokedex 3D pro bonus, but I really want to play this at midnight :(

Was there any information on IV's?

How hard do you guys think it will be to get a Treecko? I haven't really played since Emerald and I can't see myself playing without one

Raxious

Damn, I was planning to get a digital copy, but after reading so much about digital being a bad option I got no clue of what I'm gonna do. Kinda crappy though considering I bought a 32GB SD card today :(

Fuuuu return of wortortle ears!

This post gave me a blast of nostalgia that I never could have expected

PZOP0074_500.jpeg

was my favorite card and my favorite mon, way back when

DaBoss

Damn, I was planning to get a digital copy, but after reading so much about digital being a bad option I got no clue of what I'm gonna do. Kinda crappy though considering I bought a 32GB SD card today :(

If you're willing to put up with the fact that there is no account system like any other console/service, then you should ask yourself if you will want to play this anywhere at any time without having to worry about cartridges. If yes, then go digital. If no, go physical.

jeremy1456

Does anyone know if you could get the game digitally, play through and then redownload it on a different SD card after completing it, and eventually be able to store pokemon from both SD cards through the digital storage solution?

If so then digital is the only smart choice.

Firestorm

You can set up battles with friend codes or do random matchmaking. There are four different matchmaking ladders (Singles, Doubles, Triples, and Rotation) as well as different ladder-based tournaments throughout the year. Singles and Doubles are by far the most popular with the most competitive players. The Doubles tournaments are the most competitive ones as most of them count towards the Video Game Championship circuit.

Much of the online battling stuff has a web interface for looking up stats / results on: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/

Was there any information on IV's?

How hard do you guys think it will be to get a Treecko? I haven't really played since Emerald and I can't see myself playing without one
IVs have not changed as per a rep my friend spoke with during PAX.

Prologue

You can set up battles with friend codes or do random matchmaking. There are four different matchmaking ladders (Singles, Doubles, Triples, and Rotation) as well as different ladder-based tournaments throughout the year. Singles and Doubles are by far the most popular with the most competitive players. The Doubles tournaments are the most competitive ones as most of them count towards the Video Game Championship circuit.

Much of the online battling stuff has a web interface for looking up stats / results on: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/

IVs have not changed as per a rep my friend spoke with during PAX.

Does random match making involve real players or NPCs?

Thanks

tookhster

Man, I feel like a kid all over again waiting for this game.

I'm just glad Nintendo and GF were finally able to pull of a worldwide release. As a huge fan since I was 5, it was so hard not to spoil myself a little once the games came out in Japan, and having to wait so long for it in the states really ruined some of the enjoyment from me.

Now, I've kept myself mostly spoiler free and it'll feel great to walk in blind just like I did with Gen 1.

I've been thinking that for the next Pokemon game I'm gonna act like a stupid gym leader and try to get through the game with a team of one type.

Haha I've always wanted to do this but was never brave enough to follow through with it after the first few hours.

More power to you, man.

Saiyan-Rox

Anyone have any idea when GAME will send out preordered digital codes? I went with them for the free Pokedex 3D pro bonus, but I really want to play this at midnight :(

The codes should be sent before the launch (says so on the item page) but there's no word if you'll have to wait till early on Saturday to use the code and download or be able to use it before the release and download it on the day.

Either way I doubt you'll be able to download it just after midnight but I have no idea how Nintendo run the E-shop so all speculation really

The codes should be sent before the launch (says so on the item page) but there's no word if you'll have to wait till early on Saturday to use the code and download or be able to use it before the release and download it on the day.

Either way I doubt you'll be able to download it just after midnight but I have no idea how Nintendo run the E-shop so all speculation really

You can download it just after midnight. In fact, people were downloading Animal Crossing just after 11pm on the eve of launch day.

To those few that added me thanks for PMing :) Few more days to go, wont start till later in saturday because of work at night..

Anyways did that rumor of your trainer wearing clothes colored depending on your mii true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom