• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I think the nicknaming theme this time shall be... Shakespeare characters.

Delphox - Leontes
Venasaur - Lysander

productimage-picture-choose-a-direwolf-25046_800x_.png

Busaiku

I just realized I'm not gonna evolve any of the starters I get cause I hate all their evolutions.
That's gonna make things annoying.

The codes should be sent before the launch (says so on the item page) but there's no word if you'll have to wait till early on Saturday to use the code and download or be able to use it before the release and download it on the day.

Either way I doubt you'll be able to download it just after midnight but I have no idea how Nintendo run the E-shop so all speculation really

This is the one snag worldwide release has, America and UK retail have different approaches to how a media release is handled.

Most people in the UK/EU who have preordered should get their copy no later than Friday, Saturday is actually considered a day late for us. Also most places get their stock a week in advance, so thats why UK peeps are seeing early dispatches.

In America the release day is apparently actually the shipping day or something? In any case, because of that silly rule, apparently American players actually have to wait an extra day because of that.

Also pretty sure GAME will release the download codes no later than Thursday evening, maybe the afternoon when the eshop actually updates. It won't be early like some of the physical copies, what with this "early code release" being actually official this time.

Ezalc

Question: I plan to download X when it launches. Does anybody know what time the eshop is usually updated with new stuff? Also I have about $30 left to use on anything (given that pokemon is going to be $40) any suggestions?

I already have Fire Emblem (with some DLC), Luigi's Mansion, Kid ICarus, and Mario Kart 7. I also have Punch-Out, Mole Mania, Metroid 2, Nano Assault bought. So feel free to suggest anything, I would prefer something with a good amount of replayability.

ramyeon

This is the one snag worldwide release has, America and UK retail have different approaches to how a media release is handled.

Most people in the UK/EU who have preordered should get their copy no later than Friday, Saturday is actually considered a day late for us. Also most places get their stock a week in advance, so thats why UK peeps are seeing early dispatches.

In America the release day is apparently actually the shipping day or something? In any case, because of that silly rule, apparently American players actually have to wait an extra day because of that.

Also pretty sure GAME will release the download codes no later than Thursday evening, maybe the afternoon when the eshop actually updates. It won't be early like some of the physical copies, what with this "early code release" being actually official this time.
I'm not sure if America is the same, but in Australia the day of release is the day they usually aim for it to arrive. Shipping a day before or 2 days before at best usually. But because Nintendo seems to bent on releasing all their major 3DS titles on Saturdays it means we never get them until the Monday after :/

DaBoss

Question: I plan to download X when it launches. Does anybody know what time the eshop is usually updated with new stuff? Also I have about $30 left to use on anything (given that pokemon is going to be $40) any suggestions?

I already have Fire Emblem (with some DLC), Luigi's Mansion, Kid ICarus, and Mario Kart 7. I also have Punch-Out, Mole Mania, Metroid 2, Nano Assault bought. So feel free to suggest anything, I would prefer something with a good amount of replayability.

Depends on where you live. In NA, it updates at 12AM EDT (9PM PDT).

I would say Ace Attorney for the $30 because it is god damn Ace Attorney, but it is a visual novel. So it would be replayable if you forget the story.

Ezalc

Depends on where you live. In NA, it updates at 12AM EDT (9PM PDT).

I would say Ace Attorney for the $30 because it is god damn Ace Attorney, but it is a visual novel. So it would be replayable if you forget the story.

Yeah mine is set to NA's store so I guess it would update at the same time.

I was thinking of buying Ace Attorney, but since it's the kind of thing where there is no sort of post game I'm really hesitant to do so right now. I definitely will want to buy it eventually though.

Is Kokuga worth 15 bucks?

mandiller

I bred a shiny Charmander (now black Charizard) in Pokemon White so it's going to be an awesome Mega Charizard Y as long as the shiny colours transfer over.

Zebra

Pokemon nicknames? Gross. It physically hurt me giving out nicknames for that badge in W2. Species names all the way.

Honestly, if I gave my pokemon nicknames then I would probably never learn their species names.

I gave one of my pokemon in White a nickname. Now, every time someone brings up its species name I have to ask myself "Who the hell is Audino?"

I'm so hyped for a new gen. Not pre-ordering though. I normally use Amazon but I don't know how long it will take to ship since the game is releasing on Saturday.

I don't want to go digital either. I'm going to take my chances and try to pick it up at Walmart early Saturday morning. Wish me luck. :p

#TeamY

DaBoss

Yeah mine is set to NA's store so I guess it would update at the same time.

I was thinking of buying Ace Attorney, but since it's the kind of thing where there is no sort of post game I'm really hesitant to do so right now. I definitely will want to buy it eventually though.

Is Kokuga worth 15 bucks?

I'm not sure if it is. You should ask in the Nintendo Downloads thread.

zroid

Banned
If you nicknamed your first ever Pokémon (as in, your starter from the first Pokémon game you played), what was it?

I named my Bulbasaur in Pokémon Blue "Grassy". :)

zychi

Banned
why is amazon saying i wont get pokemon x until the 17th with prime? even with one day shipping it wont get here til the 16th. thats 4 full days later. fuck that shit.

Berordn

why is amazon saying i wont get pokemon x until the 17th with prime? even with one day shipping it wont get here til the 16th. thats 4 full days later. fuck that shit.

Probably too close to release to guarantee release date shipping.

Because the game comes out on a Saturday and Monday's a holiday. Nintendo's releases are always so ill-timed. :(

Caladrius

The first pokemon I named was a Luvdisc named uggo.

'Cause if I had to take that thing outside the box for more than 3 minutes I'd have to look at the screen through a mirror.

zychi

Banned
I thought Amazon typically did Day 1 arrivals. Or are they not doing that due to Nintendo not wanting any potential broken street dates?

i talked to customer service, and they cant do anything to speed it up. sucks because i hate buying stuff from walmart. at least i can do midnight release now

I thought Amazon typically did Day 1 arrivals. Or are they not doing that due to Nintendo not wanting any potential broken street dates?

They normally do. Just got the new Etrian Odyssey on release last week.
It must be a combination of not wanting to break street date and holiday/Sunday shenanigans.

Gonna play through this game with a Fennekin, a Charmander, and a Torchic. Because screw it, they're the three best fire starters ever.

There was never a reason to do this....

was way easier to have a balanced 6 party team for pretty much every game until the recent ones imo.

Why have a party of guys that are similar level to the zone, when you can have 1 that's 10-20 level higher than the rest and overpower?

Wonder if a megapunch will be a punch, mega kick will be a kick.

Or are we just gonna see a flying fist shoot out of your pokeman/kick :p

i talked to customer service, and they cant do anything to speed it up. sucks because i hate buying stuff from walmart. at least i can do midnight release now

At least you can do a midnight release there. PS4/XboxOne release is going to be a nightmare with their layaway department. Wouldn't be surprised if they released all those consoles to people who show up at midnight and the layaways have to wait given how the management has been lately at the local store.

I'm doing a midnight release at GameStop for X&Y both. For those interested, they had more preorders for Y.

Arozay

I'll probably get X, gotta trade in my DS lite. They should really stop with the two version thing though, but I guess they like money.

zroid

Banned
can you move stuff from the ds games right away, or have to be after you beat elite 4?

Probably right away since I'm assuming the Transporter application will just peek into the DS cart's save file on its own. Of course... the service won't be available till the end of December...

ramyeon

Probably right away since I'm assuming the Transporter application will just peek into the DS cart's save file on its own. Of course... the service won't be available till the end of December...
What about Pokemon that aren't in the Regional Dex though? It'd make more sense to require the National Dex before doing any kind of transferring.

DaBoss

What about Pokemon that aren't in the Regional Dex though? It'd make more sense to require the National Dex before doing any kind of transferring.

You're supposed to be able to access Pokemon Bank at any time, so I don't see there being any restriction at all.

DaBoss

Hmm guess so, I suppose they just wouldn't show up in your pokedex at first?

Any other gen where I just trade in Pokemon that isn't in the regional dex appears on the national dex. And I think the national dex is accessible at that point. I remember doing it in Emerald.

Phanservice

Neo Member
its impossible to stay spoiler free with this game. I tried my hardest to avoid leaks and yet every site i go to keeps posting them like its not even spoilers. i spoiled black and white before i played it and when i did, half the fun was already gone. Anyone feel the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom