• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
What about Pokemon that aren't in the Regional Dex though? It'd make more sense to require the National Dex before doing any kind of transferring.

Not necessarily. You could get tons of extra-regional Pokémon in Gen V via the Dream World, well before obtaining the National Dex.

I think they're moving away from these restrictions.

I don't like Chespin, but I'm going all Grass type as soon as I get Bulbasaur.

Maybe after the Bank arrives I'll replay with all six Grass starters. x_x

If you nicknamed your first ever Pokémon (as in, your starter from the first Pokémon game you played), what was it?

I named my Bulbasaur in Pokémon Blue "Grassy". :)

Pokemon Crystal. I decided to go on a Super Sentai naming theme (which I repeated in SoulSilver), so I named my Cyndaquil "Dairanger".

Crocodile

I've got a bunch of sweet, high-leveled, fully EV trained, near max IV pokemon back on my Platinum cart. However I skipped Generation V. From the OP it seems like I need to transfer these to a Generation V game before I can bring them to a Generation VI game correct? Ugh, am I really going to have to find a B2/W2 game to borrow :(

backlot

I've got a bunch of sweet, high-leveled, fully EV trained, near max IV pokemon back on my Platinum cart. However I skipped Generation V. From the OP it seems like I need to transfer these to a Generation V game before I can bring them to a Generation VI game correct? Ugh, am I really going to have to find a B2/W2 game to borrow :(

You could try trading them to someone online and have them transfer it for you and trade it back to you in gen 6.

Has any list of which versions come with which pokemon been leaked yet? I'm leaning toward X due to Mega Charizard X but I do like the legendary in Y better...

Shahadan

I can't take it anymore, tomorrow I'm going to every store in town to hopefully find an early copy.
I know the usual suspects, there is a chance ;_;

I even restarted heartgold and got stuck because of fucking Miltank. I need some pokemans in my life.

Tusk

I'm kind of glad my memory sucks now.

Wish mine sucked. :p If I even catch a tiny glimpse of something, I tend to memorize it. Even if I don't want to.

I only wanted a few pokemon spoiled for me, but they kept quoting that picture with ALL the new ones on it(I'm not mad about it or anything, just kinda regret looking now), I just gave up and went with it. xD Story and event-only pokemon are my only surprises now.

I am surprised nobody knows what will happen with Pokemon that have Hidden Power from Gen V. Maybe there will not be a Hidden Power Fairy.
Well there presumably will. The way it's determined, there are only 16 possibilities for the type of Hidden Power (hence why there wasn't a Hidden Power Normal). Either they'll:

1. Come up with a different calculation for HP which evenly distributes the chance across 17/18 types rather than 16. This will definitely change the Hidden Power of existing Pokemon. The power will probably remain the same, though.

2. Don't add a new type, and keep HP to 16 types. I sort of doubt this would happen, since they're already going through the work of reworking older moves. I could see GF doing this, and passing on the work to Gen 7...

JJBro One

so are the mega evolutions exclusive to each version? I know charizard x is exclusive to pokemon x but is charizard y also exclusive to y?

Torchic and Bulbasaur. It's the only way to be sure.
That's where I'm stuck. I don't plan on using the Kanto starters, since I want to focus mainly on the newer Pokemon if possible. But also, Torchic is one of my favorite starters, and I don't want to use two fire starters.

Was going to go with Chespin, but the Fennekin evolution line has really been growing on me.

Well there presumably will. The way it's determined, there are only 16 possibilities for the type of Hidden Power (hence why there wasn't a Hidden Power Normal). Either they'll:

1. Come up with a different calculation for HP which evenly distributes the chance across 17/18 types rather than 16. This will definitely change the Hidden Power of existing Pokemon. The power will probably remain the same, though.

2. Don't add a new type, and keep HP to 16 types. I sort of doubt this would happen, since they're already going through the work of reworking older moves. I could see GF doing this, and passing on the work to Gen 7...

Yeah its really going to be a bummer if some of my old Pokemon lose there Hidden Power. It took many hours of breeding. :(

its impossible to stay spoiler free with this game. I tried my hardest to avoid leaks and yet every site i go to keeps posting them like its not even spoilers. i spoiled black and white before i played it and when i did, half the fun was already gone. Anyone feel the same?

Yeah, it's hard as hell to avoid spoilers. I should probably stop going on Tumblr, but I just keep going... and, despite the fact that I have all posts with "pokemon" in them blocked, I still see things. And, every once in a while, click through to a post that has spoilers that aren't as clearly marked. That just happened to me, spoiling what I think might have been a Legendary. So... yay.

I don't think it will ruin half the fun, though. It's a huge bummer, to be sure, as Pokemon games are at their best when going into them near-blind, but the games will still be a blast. Just think of accidental spoilers as little tips given to you by a friend who got the game before you. Or something.

TheOGB

Banned
I usulaly stick to GAF for about 90% of my gaming news so I don't see shit except for when I voluntarily take a peek in the spoilers thread.

Not anymore, though. o_o

gazele

Banned
its impossible to stay spoiler free with this game. I tried my hardest to avoid leaks and yet every site i go to keeps posting them like its not even spoilers. i spoiled black and white before i played it and when i did, half the fun was already gone. Anyone feel the same?

Yeah, it's tough, I've clicked on the spoiler thread by accident a few times and I kinda wish I had stayed blacked out on official Nintendo info honestly, but oh well

I've seen the big picture with all the new 'mons in the spoiler thread and TBH I'm glad I did
I would have been disappointed by the roster finding out about it ingame

Now, everything mechanics/story/setting/music/attacks/ability related I want to find out myself! which is also why I've skipped looking at more detailed status pages of individual Pokemon.

If you nicknamed your first ever Pokémon (as in, your starter from the first Pokémon game you played), what was it?

I named my Feraligatr "Water."

I also named some of my early caught Pokemon by their type, like my Geodude Rocky. Because I was very new to Pokemon, I didn't know which Pokemon I could battle/trade with Gen.1 with, so I renamed some Pokemon with an underscore to denote that they could be traded back. Digglet was "Digglet_" for instance.

I knew absolutely nothing about Pokemon back then... I raised my Feraligatr with the four moves Surf, Cut, Earthquake, and Whirlpool, all the way to Lv.100. I killed legendaries and used my Master Ball on a Seaking (because I needed a Pokemon to learn Waterfall).

Fun times.

So psyched to hear the battle themes blaring from my 3DS.

Me too. So psyched to play the game before listening to the music, unlike Black and White 1 and 2, where I listened to the music non-stop for like a year before playing the games.

So what's the major difference between X & Y?

Also, glad it's coming out this week! Thought it was last week of Oct.

Toys R Us is having a buy 1 WiiU/3DS get 1 40% off sale this week and Pokemon will be available Sat.

Not bad.

Pokemon nicknames? Gross. It physically hurt me giving out nicknames for that badge in W2. Species names all the way.

Getting creative with names is half the fun for me. If not more.

Named my Totodile in Silver "Taifun". Named a lot of my water-type Starters the same afterwards.

Busaiku

I give all my Pokemon names nowadays.
It wasn't the case until 5th gen though.

I run out of clever names after about 100 or so, and just start coming up with random names.

vareon

Yeah, it's hard as hell to avoid spoilers. I should probably stop going on Tumblr, but I just keep going... and, despite the fact that I have all posts with "pokemon" in them blocked, I still see things. And, every once in a while, click through to a post that has spoilers that aren't as clearly marked. That just happened to me, spoiling what I think might have been a Legendary. So... yay.

I don't think it will ruin half the fun, though. It's a huge bummer, to be sure, as Pokemon games are at their best when going into them near-blind, but the games will still be a blast. Just think of accidental spoilers as little tips given to you by a friend who got the game before you. Or something.

I had to quit my local 3DS community for a while just because of it. When I saw people posting the evolved starters, I saw the sign. Too bad, because I look forward to enjoy the waiting game with them.

Artemisia

Banned
Has Nintendo ever explained how they were able to overcome the challenges that prevented them from doing worldwide releases before?

Did they just delay the Japanese release until the localizations were complete?

vareon

Has Nintendo ever explained how they were able to overcome the challenges that prevented them from doing worldwide releases before?

Did they just delay the Japanese release until the localizations were complete?

I don't think so. I'll look forward to an Iwata Ask: Pokemon X/Y soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom