• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
I am starting my third box now of just Chespins while going for a shiny. I feel like I wasted too much time to stop. I must get one. :p

pikablu

The online system in this thing is sooooo good compared to every other gen. The quickness of trading and battling is awesome and the wondertrade thing is insanely addicting.

What's with the wild encounter rate in this game? At times it absolutely kills me, PTSD flashbacks to my terrible ordeal with Black version, but others I'll go miles without a single attack. Is there some kind of system governing it that I'm missing, like the speed stuff from HG/SS, or is it just random? I really can't stand it when I start getting attacked every two steps, and I don't understand why Game Freak seems to change the encounter rate with every single game. B/W are my least favourite, least-played games partly because I just couldn't bear it any longer, and Repels aren't an option for me when I'm still going through the game and I want to see what every new route has to offer.

There's so much else to like about X that I don't mind it too much, but I hope there aren't too many caves or water routes coming up.

jokkir

I FINALLY beat the second gym. My Pokemon are:

Lv42 Chesnaught
Lv41 Greninja
Lv38 Charizard
Lv30 Snorlax
Lv30 Tyrunt

Love the gym leader battle music and Team Flare music.

KHlover

Banned
Bahaha, found another meme. It's his text when he loses the fight, too but I pressed A too fast.

41224,138184029259906QW6.jpg

kubus

Lol just my luck.
i'm in a cave, and I see a trainer. Some of my Pokemon were in pretty bad shape but I didn't feel like going back to a Pokemon Center so I healed up my team with potions. I go to the trainer and speak to her: "HI YOUR POKEMON LOOK LIKE THEY COULD USE A REST :D *heal*"

Fml

Rnr1224

Think I got a good team to go against my friends:

Blaziken
Aegislash
Garchomp
Weavile
Starmie
aerodactyl

My friends aren't really into the competitive scene but I feel like this team will have good type coverage

DedValve

Banned
OH MY GOD GROWLITHE IS IN THE FRIEND SAFARI. WHAT.

Please tell me it's not postgame.

I am so, so close to my Ninetales. Sooooooo close. Vulpix is always with Growlithe.

jokkir

Yeah my team was around 20 when I beat him hahaha.

How the Pokemon near the Glittering Cave should definitely have levelled you up[ to maybe near 30 at least, right? lol

I spent most of my time just looking for rare Pokemon and levelled up like crazy when I couldnt find it >__>

DedValve

Banned
So I'm going to start breeding Gible (in a premier ball!) and Goomy and Bagon (one is in a luxury and I think another is in a premier).

I'll give to some peeps alonsgside some extra stones I got from super training if you want later tonight. I have waaaaay to many goomies as it is (those fuckers BREED).

Not really sure what I want in return, maybe some pokemon not yet in my pokedex or heartscales but I'm just cleaning boxes. Also when do I get houndoomite?

I like the "repel ran out. Use another? Yes/No" (or whatever it says)

There is also (later on)
an encounter down O-power, can't be cast on others *nofunallowed.gif*

Lol just my luck.
i'm in a cave, and I see a trainer. Some of my Pokemon were in pretty bad shape but I didn't feel like going back to a Pokemon Center so I healed up my team with potions. I go to the trainer and speak to her: "HI YOUR POKEMON LOOK LIKE THEY COULD USE A REST :D *heal*"

Fml
I did a similar thing. I was along a route and then after using revive and potions I come across a town.

KHlover

Banned
Lol just my luck.

Fml

Mirror Cave Stories.

My freshly caught Absol was the only Pokemon left standing. So I tried to run past all trainers. When she turned around I ran past her into another trainer around the corner. Lost. Woke up on Route 8 :/

SML :d

Ibuki

Banned
So how do I trade with my friend online? I have him on my 3DS friend list, but he's not appearing on the PSS.

Make sure you press the light blue internet button and activate your connection. It is on the top right of the PSS screen. They should pop up if they show up online on your friends list.

teeny

The distribution in this game is insane. Just before XY came out, I bought the games missing from my collection and started playing LeafGreen, Emerald, SoulSilver, Platinum and White 2 in tandem so I could transfer as much over via Pokemon Bank in December. I've had fun but kinda feel like I wasted my time.

Can't wait to really complete that pokedex since Blue.

Except for event only 'mons. :(

Korosenai

So is there like a guide on when to evolve doublade, what moves you should teach Aegislash, etc.?

I know i remember someone sayingn to evolve doublade at level 35, then go somwhere to teach aegislash kings shield.

ramyeon

So is there like a guide on when to evolve doublade, what moves you should teach Aegislash, etc.?

I know i remember someone sayingn to evolve doublade at level 35, then go somwhere to teach aegislash kings shield.
Don't evolve him till 51, after he learns Sacred Sword. You want that, Swords Dance and Shadow Sneak. Then go to the move relearner to learn Kings Shield.

Forkball

Move releaner can teach your Pokemon any move it naturally learns (though I suppose if your level is high enough). I heard he is near the 7th gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom