• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What's everyone's favorite Gen VI pokemon? So far, mine is Aromatisse. It's a fucking power house, and totes adorbes.

Stuart444

Do you unlock the other regions of the dex as you progress through the game? I think I have got (via Wondertrade and/or GTS other Kalos sections but only Central appears on the Dex)

Deft Beck

I think I've lost interest in the Pokemon games...

I didn't beat Diamond back in the day. Maybe I'm just not into Pokemon anymore. I'd like to play X, but I don't know if I have the time. I have so many other games I could be playing instead of buying more. I have university classes to worry about, too.

It's like how I stopped playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf after a few months. I play it maybe once a week, now. I used to play the hell out of the other ones when I was younger, and then I'd give up on them.

I feel like I'm missing out, but I really don't have to do it, I guess. I'm being pulled in two different directions here.

Magnus

Back to work today, so sad. But wow, I was playing this the whole way down on the subway, and I was like, damn, oh yeah, a portable Pokemon main series game can look this awesome.

Yay!

I got a fennekin over wonder trade :-0

Same haha. I was so excited.

Does this game simulate people? I took a 3 hr road trip this past weekend and have like 150 people on that lower list on the PSS screen. I feel like the number is a little high.
Though this game probably did sell pretty well.. I just have no idea how streetpass or any of that stuff works. Kinda new to the 3DS.

eojoko

Which Pokémon explained the HM and TM stuff? This's my first game, and I'm loving it, standing outside gym 4 right now, but as a first-timer, these abilities are not explained in the story.

SaberVulcan

Same haha. I was so excited.

Does this game simulate people? I took a 3 hr road trip this past weekend and have like 150 people on that lower list on the PSS screen. I feel like the number is a little high.
Though this game probably did sell pretty well.. I just have no idea how streetpass or any of that stuff works. Kinda new to the 3DS.

I think the new "passerby" thing is just online random players. I get a crapload of Japan based players on it, and well over 200 a day. I dont take my DS with me to work or anything, so unless a lot of people from Japan play Pokemon while flying over NYC...

I assume that Heart Scales in this game are found post-game? Im at the 8th gym and havent found any.

You are doing it wrong. Use the Item Radar once in a while! :)

What's everyone's favorite Gen VI pokemon? So far, mine is Aromatisse. It's a fucking power house, and totes adorbes.

Hmm, I really like Froakie's final form, Pangoro and Tyrunt so far. But yeah, Goodra looks awesome too. Haven't cought one yet though.

Oxirane

What's the capture rate with the quick ball? It feels like 75% to me, I'm pretty sure most of my Pokemon have been caught that way.

Streetpass is local area and Nintendo zones only (go past these in sleep mode and you should get the green light appearing indicating a streetpass hit). Set it up in-game (also set up Steetpass Mii plaza while you're at it).

Going back, they're not simulated. The PSS passerbys are on the same route as you in-game. The number is probably capped but think like this. There are 4 million copies of the game sold so at a given time there are at least a few hundred thousand players at any given time, distributed them evenly through the game (poor estimate) is more than enough to fill the screen at whatever sensible limit. You can cast o-powers on them or annoy them by constantly requesting to trade. If you have O-powers cast on you the game will inform you.

What's the capture rate with the quick ball? It feels like 75% to me, I'm pretty sure most of my Pokemon have been caught that way.
In Gen V (and presumably here) *5 for first turn (was *4 before Gen v). A full health Pokemon divides catch rate by 3 so Pokemon with catch rate >~153 are 100% chance with quick ball but even something like Eevee or Bagon (45 catch rate) is still about 1/3 chance.

Forkball

Which Pokémon explained the HM and TM stuff? This's my first game, and I'm loving it, standing outside gym 4 right now, but as a first-timer, these abilities are not explained in the story.

The first one of course. TMs and HMs are basically moves to teach your Pokemon. Careful though, you can't delete HMs without going to a special NPC in the game though. The great thing is that TMs are infinite use, and it didn't always be that way.

Hmm so I got a Zorua from the GTS but it seems to be bugged/hacked =/

I can pull it out normally in battle but when I try to make it my starter it comes out as my Blastoid. I guess it does it to whatever pokemon it swawps in for.

edit: oh shit that is its ability? I just traded for it because I thought it was an awesome design HA!

KooPaL

Hi guys! Anyone have extra starter pokemons? I picked froakie to start and apparently the gen 1 pokemon I will be picking will be charmander. If you do please pm me or reply with your FC and i will add you later on since I dont have my FC offhand.

teeny

Malamar, easily. It's design is awesome and it's method for evolution is fun and unusual without being a pain in the arse. Mine has a contrary ability, which means every time something tries to debuff it, it's stats increase. This includes when it uses superpower. It can also screw with it's opponents using topsy turvy. I don't know how well it would fare competitively, but I love it so much.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I picked Froakie. Will I ever see Chespin in-game so I can trade for it on the GTS? A simple yes/no would be fine; no descriptions needed! Thanks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm so I got a Zorua from the GTS but it seems to be bugged/hacked =/

I can pull it out normally in battle but when I try to make it my starter it comes out as my Blastoid. I guess it does it to whatever pokemon it swawps in for.

:(

It's supposed to do that. That's it's ability.

Robin64

Hi guys! Anyone have extra starter pokemons? I picked froakie to start and apparently the gen 1 pokemon I will be picking will be charmander. If you do please pm me or reply with your FC and i will add you later on since I dont have my FC offhand.

Don't forget to get your free Torchic via Mystery Gift right now.

I think the new "passerby" thing is just online random players. I get a crapload of Japan based players on it, and well over 200 a day. I dont take my DS with me to work or anything, so unless a lot of people from Japan play Pokemon while flying over NYC...

Streetpass is local area and Nintendo zones only (go past these in sleep mode and you should get the green light appearing indicating a streetpass hit). Set it up in-game (also set up Steetpass Mii plaza while you're at it).

Going back, they're not simulated. The PSS passerbys are on the same route as you in-game. The number is probably capped but think like this. There are 4 million copies of the game sold so at a given time there are at least a few hundred thousand players at any given time, distributed them evenly through the game (poor estimate) is more than enough to fill the screen at whatever sensible limit. You can cast o-powers on them or annoy them by constantly requesting to trade. If you have O-powers cast on you the game will inform you.

Cool, thanks for the info guys!

ramyeon

Is there anyone out there with a female and/or adamant Chespin? I'm really looking to breed one so I can try to get a shiny Chespin D:

Forkball

On Wonder Trade, I traded a Japanese Pikachu to a Japanese person and she traded me an American Pikachu. I CAN SEE WHY THEY CALL IT "WONDER" TRADE.

[edit] Actually it's a French Pikachu. KEEPS

Linius

So, I arrived in the Geosenge Town after 11 hours and 15 minutes of playing. Really loving this game so far. Been surprised at times by the looks of the game. Second gym looked splendid. They use some weird camera angles from time to time but it works pretty well. Like that one time on the beach on the way to Cyllage City where the camera zooms out immensly all of a sudden. Sky battles are a nice touch too.

My current team:

Alakazam - Lv. 31
Pikachu - Lv. 31
Fletchinder - Lv. 32
Vivivillion - Lv. 31
Frogadier - Lv. 32
Tyrunt - Lv. 24

Slightly overleveled :p

Lumiose City has such a confusing design. The camera angle doesn't help either. oO

Also, how do I get into the clothing shop? I'm not stylish enough...

Korosenai

Don't evolve him till 51, after he learns Sacred Sword. You want that, Swords Dance and Shadow Sneak. Then go to the move relearner to learn Kings Shield.

Alright, thanks. I'm ev training a Honedge right now, and I have still yet to beat the second gym leader, but I just wanted to make sure ahead of time.

Also, are there any tips for evolving a Sliggoo, or should I just go ahead and evolve it to Goodra as soon as it reaches level 50?

check your pm's

Hedge

Lumiose City has such a confusing design. The camera angle doesn't help either. oO

Also, how do I get into the clothing shop? I'm not stylish enough...

Complete activities in the city, like the Restaurent Wow, grooming a Furfrou, taking a taxi, visiting cafés, etc.

ramyeon

Nope, the Chespin would be all yours to keep. Adamant it is. Add me whenever you can.

2208-4425-4567
Thanks a lot! My FC is 2766-8382-3106 :) trainer name is Rami, I'll jump online now.

Anything in particular you're looking for that I can give you?

Jintor

Ah, there's no way to check the GTS in terms of what people are looking for. I have a bunch of Fennekins to send to loving homes and no way of checking who wants 'em. :(

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
It's quite disappointing when you make decision to drop Pokemon from team is it not.

I had a great Furfrou and Crobat and I decided to go a different way. Really miss them their power, especially Furfrou but if he is not gonna evolve any further he isn't much use is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom