• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Old rod in the town with the aquariam. Their the only things you catch which makes it easy to farm heart scales. Just stock up on ultra/quick balls that way you don't waste any time and start catching. Not every luvdisc is guaranteed to hold a scale.

You don't need to catch them, just use Thief.

Does Pokérus double the stats gained through Super Training?

Okay so my Riolu is currently lvl 13, does it take a long time to get friendship up enough to evolve him? I don't want to level him up like crazy just because I'm keeping him in the front of my party to make him like me.
My Riolu have usually evolved at around 20-25 if I keep them in front of my team and make them whip some ass.

MegaMelon

Yo people, quick question. How do I activate streetpass? I haven't been out but I'd hate to miss out on some streetpasses especially since I'm using both X and Y

EDIT: Nevermind, looked in the booklet and it's all in their

ugoo18

Well, word on the street is that something in post-game can help.

Ahh ok, i guess i'll hold of on Garchomp till after i finish the story.

One more question, where and how can i catch a Shellder?

I thought it could be caught at the route before the aquarium but all that's there is Lovedisc.

OK I'll just let them on stand by in my team, also got a Pikachu from wonder trade, I didn't catch one when I started the game, it is very welcome :)

I got a Lvl 56 Pikachu from a Wonder Trade last night. I should swap it out for my Lvl 23 Pikachu, but the one I traded for isn't mine ya know? Oh, Pokemon...

I thought it could be caught at the route before the aquarium but all that's there is Lovedisc.
I think they're only in Y. Also, by the sound of it you're using an Old Rod and the Old Rod can only catch Luvdisc.

ugoo18

Level doesn't matter, just be careful not to get useless EVs on the way to that level (as in, don't kill any Pokemon you don't want to). And even that doesn't matter if you get a reset bag.

Yeah i got the reset bag, such a massive help in figuring out what EV's your on if you mess up.

I think they're only in Y. Also, by the sound of it you're using an Old Rod and the Old Rod can only catch Luvdisc.

Thank goodness i got Y lol

Yeah i am, i haven't given it a shot with the good rod yet. I'll try it now.

Shahadan

Okay so my Riolu is currently lvl 13, does it take a long time to get friendship up enough to evolve him? I don't want to level him up like crazy just because I'm keeping him in the front of my party to make him like me.

Also, is the day/night cycle real time? As in based on your 3ds internal clock?

Lastly, if anyone happens to be breeding cubchoos and can spare one, it would be greatly appreciated

If you didn't catch him with a luxury ball and haven't access to lemonades and massages and shit or the Bell, it can take a relatively long time.
Use potions to heal him and don't call him back in a fight. I usually go back to the beginning and make him fight lots of level 3 shit and heal him with potions/berries.

As for Cubchoo, I caught one I could give you or breed one if you prefer, I don't mind. I wanted to do it anyway.

eojoko

The first one of course. TMs and HMs are basically moves to teach your Pokemon. Careful though, you can't delete HMs without going to a special NPC in the game though. The great thing is that TMs are infinite use, and it didn't always be that way.

Thanks! Although I feel a little silly now as I've been throwing HMs on pokémons willy nilly. I think I have a couple on my Gogoat and a couple on my Pancham. And my poor Delphox has a terrible skills thanks to me not knowing what I'm doing. Anyway, it's all I can do to continue to plow through the game despite whatever potentially bad decisions I've already made. Pretty sure I'm going to download Y after beating my physical copy of X.

DaBoss

Looking at my Pokedex in X, it says it can't be caught.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just lost my first online battle because I thought I could only use three pokemon, haha. I as kicking ass till I got outnumbered.

Ibuki

Banned
I am STILL rolling for a shiny Fennekin........

Had the game for 3 days now. T_T

Going for a Shiny Chespin here, close to filling up my third box. We are in this together! :p

EDIT: I think you are rolling the actual starter, I am breeding, but still... the struggle.

Aytrial

Does anyone have a spare Thunder Stone they're willing to trade? I want to evolve my Eevee into Jolteon, but I've already used the one you find on a Pikachu. I have no idea how to get another either.

I don't have much to offer, but I do have Charmanders, Torchics and Fennekins which you may find interesting.

kiri

Going for a Shiny Chespin here, close to filling up my third box. We are in this together! :p

EDIT: I think you are rolling the actual starter, I am breeding, but still... the struggle.

Yes, rolling for an actual starter....I want to start my game :(

nubbe

Does anyone have a spare Thunder Stone they're willing to trade? I want to evolve my Eevee into Jolteon, but I've already used the one you find on a Pikachu. I have no idea how to get another either.

I don't have much to offer, but I do have Charmanders, Torchics and Fennekins which you may find interesting.

There is a stone shop in Lumiose City
and you get stones and items in Elite Super Training or what it's called

kubus

Could someone spoil me when you get Fly? I've been meaning to go back to some cities.
Also, could someone confirm if Helioptile learns Earth Power? I'm not sure when to evolve him.

MexicanKing1337

Neo Member
Could someone spoil me when you get Fly? I've been meaning to go back to some cities.
Also, could someone confirm if Helioptile learns Earth Power? I'm not sure when to evolve him.

You get it right before you beat the 4th gym, and the badge from that gym allows you to use Fly outside of battle.

and i can't shed any light on Helioptile as i don't use him

Shoyz

Is there any tips to chaining for shinies?

I only went for shakes that were four spaces forward and 0-2 straight to the side, I never touched grass in a corner, and I never touched fast shaking grass. Took ages and ended up running into a different pokemon at chain 10. Does this also require ungodly luck even if you do it perfectly? Or am I missing something? :s

Qurupeke

Found a male Goomy, I'll try to catch it now. I don't care about the nature, as long as it isn't bad for Sp.Atk or Sp. Def. I'll totally try to ev train it.

Done! In a Luxury Ball! Totally the weirdest dragon ever. But it has lame Sp. Atk... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom