• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanmisha

OC0o1Zm.jpg

Just hatched!

Ibuki

Banned
Okay so I just got Fly, it's time to breed some Pokemon.

Here's a list of stuff I have:

Squirtle

I'm looking for Chespin, Fennekin and a Eevee. If you don't have any of them but want anything just give me some trash I don't mind!

I would love to get a Squirtle from you. I have a Chespin for you. 2208-4425-4567

Just hatched!

Awesome, congrats. How many did it take? I am on Chespin #90+ :p

Magnus

Looking at all that goes into ideal EV training, IVs, breeding for hidden abilities and natures and all that....makes my head spin. I'm not sure I have the willpower or time to really go after making an ideal team of 6 for battling online.

But without doing all that, you just can't stack up against teams that have been built with all that in mind, right? Alas.

wtf wild Wartortle

Wut?! Where??

Just hatched!

Is that shiny? :eek: Congrats!

CassSept

Oh My God oh wow lol Aegislash Jesus

I don't think I've ever swept any regional champion on my first time as hard as I did this time, let alone with one Pokemon. And I'm not even EV-training, optimal movesets, anything, this thing is a beast. Granted I did overlevel the champion a little but still, lol. 3 Sword Dances while Hawlucha was slowly chipping away my HP (which was regenerated with Leftovers instantly anyway) and X Speed for good measure so to have priority and it was over. It was hilarious, I oneshotted everything, EVERYTHING. That includes Mega Gardevoir with a Fury Cutter. Lmao.

Korosenai

Just a heads up guys, starters in hot demand on the gts right now. You can literally get anything you want within a minute of putting it up.

Just from Chespin alone i've gotten Fennekin, Froakie, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Amaura, Tyrunt, Clauncher, Skrelp, and Togepi. Gonna try for a Torchic next.

Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur.

I'm looking for Chespin, Fennekin and a Eevee. If you don't have any of them but want anything just give me some trash I don't mind!

I have a couple of Eevees (neither breeded, but neither leveled up). I might be able to trade you one of them later today for a Squirtle.

KHlover

Banned
Uh, I just found a weird samurai in one of the side streets behind Plaza Roque in Illumina City. I beat him and he just said he'd look forward to fighting me again and vanished. Is this a sidequest?

Firemind

Just a heads up guys, starters in hot demand on the gts right now. You can literally get anything you want within a minute of putting it up.

Just from Chespin alone i've gotten Fennekin, Froakie, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Amaura, Tyrunt, Clauncher, Skrelp, and Togepi. Gonna try for a Torchic next.

Is Togepi fairy?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I need to get a Ditto first so I can breed my Chespin...

Right now I'm trading a Spritzee for a Female Bergmite, I want to use Bergmite on my team and don't wanna wait till when you get it super late since I already got the rest of my team...first time I traded for a Bergmite I asked for a female, but got a male, now I need one to breed the two.

Guess I'll try to get a good nature. Probably EV train its Defense and Special Defense to make it a "tank", well, for an Ice Pokemon.

I'm just using super training because they made it super fun, lol.
I'm surprised at how complex it is when it comes to the various techniques you can use to get a better score, the different shot-types, etc. It takes just as long as normal EV Training, honestly, but it's far funner.

Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur.
Gible.
Pichu.
Hawlucha.
Snorlax.
Mr Mime.
Machop.
Seviper.
Honedge.
Pikachu.
Tyrunt.
Froakie.
Lucario.
Gengar.

I can send you a Fennekin egg. Maybe a Gengar? Or a Haunter, so it can evolve, I don't care. Otherwise, whatever you want, I don't mind really.

edit: FC 3609 - 1143 - 9281

Ultimadrago

Oooo, I need an Amaura!

Apparently Feebas IS in the game, I saw ONE on the GTS and it went away fast when I went back for it with the requested Pokémon.

I'm guessing the bastard and a whole lot of others are in the Friendship Safari?

Someone just sent me a level 40 Cryogonal via Wonder Trade >_>

I only sent a level 4 Panpour. I'm still early in the game so I think this is overkill. Gonna put it back up for trade.

Oh yeah, you can turn battle animations off in options ("Battle Effects") - turns off attack animations and replaces them with quick "smacks".
Good! For some reason (I guess the shift into 3D) I doubted that they included this feature. It's a must for EV training.

And man, it is so exciting seeing people encounter shinies so much more easier than previous gens. I can't wait to find one on my own.

Stuart444

I put up my Charmander (male though, 4 eggs and not one has been a female) but no one wants to trade it for a female Squirtle on the GTS :(

Tc91

I would love to get a Squirtle from you. I have a Chespin for you. 2208-4425-4567

Awesome, congrats. How many did it take? I am on Chespin #90+ :p

Cool I'll add you when it's hatched I got all my eggs mixed up helping my brother out.

1177 - 6414 - 4864

I have a couple of Eevees (neither breeded, but neither leveled up). I might be able to trade you one of them later today for a Squirtle.

Sounds good I'll hold on to one for you.

I can send you a Fennekin egg. Maybe a Gengar? Or a Haunter, so it can evolve, I don't care. Otherwise, whatever you want, I don't mind really.

edit: FC 3609 - 1143 - 9281

Yep sounds good.

MicH

God damn I hate Lumiose city. It's so confusing to navigate and what is up with all these useless cafés? I don't understand :(

Oh yeah, you can turn battle animations off in options ("Battle Effects") - turns off attack animations and replaces them with quick "smacks".

One improvement for next gen they can make is to add a third choice:

Battle Effects Off - like it is now
Battle Effects On - like it is now
Battle Effects Brief - it's like it's on, but two very important things are gone: the pause for text is gone and the extra buff/debuff effect is gone.

In fact, the tech for my biggest gripe is there, it's just not being used. Right now, there's a text scroller that shows friends online and tickers it on the top of the screen during battles. What I wish would happen is all of the battle text goes there, so there's no pause when you encounter a pokemon, something happens to a pokemon, and a pokemon faints. Battles would go SO much smoother without missing out on all the hard work they put into the animations.

I got a charmander called r/gaming on wonder trade.

traded it back into the wonder machine, lol.
I'm tempted to catch a load of slowpoke and nickname them Kotaku then send them to wonder trade. Speaking of which, what would the Neogaf Pokemon be, Orange, white black...Seaking comes to mind.

I put up my Charmander (male though, 4 eggs and not one has been a female) but no one wants to trade it for a female Squirtle on the GTS :(
If I had a female Squirtle I would want a female Charmander (I imagine most people think similarly). My advice would be to try some more with the eggs and get that female. Who knows in the time it takes someone with a ditto (so cares less about gender) might do a sympathy swap.

I'm in need of a water Pokemon, who should I get? (I don't want to use Greninja.)
After 3rd Gym spoilers
You get given a Lapras.
Could try holding out until then.

If you just need surf, I always go with Wingull line (it learns fly too, surf might be evolved only).

fakedit: Ah...

EV training the old way? Sure, okay gramps. ;)

But seriously, the Super Training is blindingly quick.
OldManYellingAtClouds.jpg

Why fix what isn't broken is what I'm going by. :)

Now there are minigames that are faster and simpler than EV training. Zubat genocide is a thing of the past.

Yeah, it took me about 40 minutes to fully train my Gible. I don't even want to think about how long it would take the old way.
The old way with Pokérus and Power Items could take around the same time or maybe less with battle animations turned off.

Just keep a bunch of Sticky Notes(tm) to tally 'em up.

But, like I said, I'll give Super Training a chance again.

God damn I hate Lumiose city. It's so confusing to navigate and what is up with all these useless cafés? I don't understand :(
What kills me is the "THERE'S A BLACK OUT YOU CAN'T GO HERE" hard hat dudes.

I feel stupid after going to them 5x in a row because I don't know where I am going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom