• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hahahahaha, I beat Da Boss with only 3 HP left. That was intense. Thanks for battling!

kubus

You get it right before you beat the 4th gym, and the badge from that gym allows you to use Fly outside of battle.

and i can't shed any light on Helioptile as i don't use him
Thanks! Glad I asked. Just got past the 3rd gym and wasn't sure if I should cycle all the way back.

Hoax

Neo Member
Loving the game. Only played yellow and trying to stick to first 150 pokemon. So I was happily surprised to find an Abra early on. Allakazham being one of the most badass pokeman ever. But I just found out I need to trade it for it to evolve... I don't have friends!! Could someone help me out? I don't see an option to let a passerby know I want it back :p and I don't want to lose it. Would be much appreciated!

If you didn't catch him with a luxury ball and haven't access to lemonades and massages and shit or the Bell, it can take a relatively long time.
Use potions to heal him and don't call him back in a fight. I usually go back to the beginning and make him fight lots of level 3 shit and heal him with potions/berries.

As for Cubchoo, I caught one I could give you or breed one if you prefer, I don't mind. I wanted to do it anyway.

Thanks! That's very awesome of you, ill gladly take you up on the cubchoo offer if you don't mind breeding one. I'll be at work all day so ill pm later on if you are available

ramyeon

I've never seen a shiny in the wild before despite playing Pokemon for years. I've never had a shiny except the Red Gyrados. I think I deserve one by now :(

Omzz

In terms of Super Training...how should I be using it? I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to go crazy doing all six of the categories for one pokemon. Am I supposed to stick with 2?

Shahadan

Loving the game. Only played yellow and trying to stick to first 150 pokemon. So I was happily surprised to find an Abra early on. Allakazham being one of the most badass pokeman ever. But I just found out I need to trade it for it to evolve... I don't have friends!! Could someone help me out? I don't see an option to let a passerby know I want it back :p and I don't want to lose it. Would be much appreciated!

I'll do it, I need alakazam in my dex anyway :p Pm me your Fc, mine is in my profile

Thanks! That's very awesome of you, ill gladly take you up on the cubchoo offer if you don't mind breeding one. I'll be at work all day so ill pm later on if you are available
No problem! Will do

Why would you not use Super Training?

Because Power Items + Pokérus as well as turning battle animations off (is that even possible in this game? lol) sounds like a more quicker way to EV train than dealing with the minigames.

Granted, I only spent 30 minutes doing the mini games on release day so maybe I'm judging them too quickly.

ffdgh

I love how easy it is to earn money in battle chateau. 200k richer just battling weak rich people with amulet coin and prize money power lv1.

MexicanKing1337

Neo Member
Thanks! Glad I asked. Just got past the 3rd gym and wasn't sure if I should cycle all the way back.

no problem! honestly getting fly was a life saver. I had some stuff i needed to go back for (an Eevee for my Sylveon) that i really didn't want to backtrack on the bike for lol

Doran902

im hooked on this game, been playing pokemon since grade 4 but didnt enjoy diamond / pearl or black / white at all, right back into it now, can't say enough good things

need to level tyrunt on my lunch break so he finally evolves : /

webrunner

does anyone know how to change your trainer icon's facial expression in PSS? I saw someone with a serious straight face instead of a happy face and I was wondering how they did it. They also seemed to have long straight hair (female) but all the hairstyles are puffy?

Because Power Items + Pokérus as well as turning battle animations off (is that even possible in this game? lol) sounds like a more quicker way to EV train than dealing with the minigames.

Granted, I only spent 30 minutes doing the mini games on release day so maybe I'm judging them too quickly.
Then again, the setup time for both differs greatly if you don't have someone with extra Power items or Pokerus, so there's that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, battling is really fun. If anyone wants to spam me battle requests or vice versa, add me. 0748-2045-5883.

Then again, the setup time for both differs greatly if you don't have someone with extra Power items or Pokerus, so there's that.

That's always true.

I guess I'll spend some time tinkering around with Super Training after work.

I don't intend to go crazy with EVs and Natures until I beat the gyms and the E4 anyhow.

MexicanKing1337

Neo Member
In terms of Super Training...how should I be using it? I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to go crazy doing all six of the categories for one pokemon. Am I supposed to stick with 2?

Sticking with two to max out is best, if you try to split up the EVs evenly between all six stats, your stats wont be nearly as good as if you only focused on two

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So I checked out some Japanese chick's Trainer PR Video...

It was edited so it looked like her character was getting banged, lol. Very clever use of the editing, camera angles, and pre-set phrases.

That's always true.

I guess I'll spend some time tinkering around with Super Training after work.

I don't intend to go crazy with EVs and Natures until I beat the gyms and the E4 anyhow.
Oh yeah, you can turn battle animations off in options ("Battle Effects") - turns off attack animations and replaces them with quick "smacks".

Hey GAF, I screwed up with my event Torchic. I completely forgot to check its stats/nature, and got myself a +SpDef/-Speed mon.

Is there any way to download the Torchic again without deleting the save (I know there isn't, just cheking)?

Is there a way to have it pass down its ability via breeding?

spiritfox

does anyone know how to change your trainer icon's facial expression in PSS? I saw someone with a serious straight face instead of a happy face and I was wondering how they did it. They also seemed to have long straight hair (female) but all the hairstyles are puffy?

You can choose from the NPC trainers too, so maybe they were using one of those portraits.

Where do you get the Everstone in this game?

I've never seen a shiny in the wild before despite playing Pokemon for years. I've never had a shiny except the Red Gyrados. I think I deserve one by now :(

I encountered my first in HG/SS after years of playing. Haven't seen another one since. Can't wait to bring my Shiny Pinsir over in December and Mega evolve her.

Hedge

Am I crazy, or can you actually make your pokemon eggs inhabit a regular pokeball if you breed the pokemon which is also a result of being bred? All my noibats and honedges are all in pokeballs, whilst my original two pokemon were in a greatball and a quickball.

Qurupeke

Caught a Goomy with awful Defense. Ok, good enough I guess....

Btw, Sylveon is the best Pokemon ever. After Moonblast it's Greninja/Chestnaught Killer.

clemenx

Banned
This is certainly already answered somewhere, but does the new Exp. Share still gives EVs? I'd hope not! And I don't think it does but I want to be sure.

Tc91

Okay so I just got Fly, it's time to breed some Pokemon.

Here's a list of stuff I have:

Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur.
Gible.
Pichu.
Hawlucha.
Snorlax.
Mr Mime.
Machop.
Seviper.
Honedge.
Pikachu.
Tyrunt.
Froakie.
Lucario.
Gengar.

I'm looking for Chespin, Fennekin and a Eevee. If you don't have any of them but want anything just give me some trash I don't mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom