• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Most of the time I'm listening to podcasts and my own music when I'm portable gaming.

Listening to Danny brown while playing Pokemon.

DigitalOp

Banned
Do we have any confirmation on 4 player WiFi Doubles. That would take GAF battles to new heights...

And also.... I don't understand what's so special about "Sky battles". I understand only flying pokemon can participate but what's the point in that? Only flying or levitate can be used and it just limits your pool...

Idk anyone can explain the allure? I'm loving horde battles though.

(Also those are just the three I can obtain in this at launch... If I could transfer on Saturday, I'd seriously consider a playthrough with all six fire starters.)
A six starter run sounds awesome! I never realized that was an option until just now!

Oh the possibilities of having six generations....

TheContact

I'm debating whether or not to get this. The problem I have with Pokemon games is I play them for about 10 hours then I just lose all interest, but I really do like the games but they tend to get boring fast

DigitalOp

Banned
I'm debating whether or not to get this. The problem I have with Pokemon games is I play them for about 10 hours then I just lose all interest, but I really do like the games but they tend to get boring fast

How can you like them but yet get bored by them....

Well there is a ton more new here than the last 3 games combined. Try your luck.

Kouriozan

Is it known, if the games will have the ingame photofunction like ACNL? That would be so cool.

Yes. The new Pokémon Global Link.
PGL_XY.png

And this
One of the new features in Pokémon X & Y is the ability to take photos of your journey around the Kalos region. These photos are often superfluous, but they can be uploaded onto your Pokémon Global Link timeline and shared amongst your friends.

The amount of battery you'd save by doing that would be so negligible it isn't worth it imo.
Is that because the volume is controlled by a resistor going to the speakers or just things like screen being a much bigger power drain?

You're supposed to be able to access Pokemon Bank at any time, so I don't see there being any restriction at all.
I imagine it'll be like Gen 3 (when using Pokemon box or Colosseum) where you get the Pokemon and no national 'dex (This meant means I never knew how far I was from finishing in Gen 3 as Ruby was my main game but one GBA at the time...even if I did transfer everything to FR the Kyogre entry would be missing*)

*-I dislike legendaries in general but version exclusive ones irritate.

Shengar

Do we have any confirmation on 4 player WiFi Doubles. That would take GAF battles to new heights...

And also.... I don't understand what's so special about "Sky battles". I understand only flying pokemon can participate but what's the point in that? Only flying or levitate can be used and it just limits your pool...

Idk anyone can explain the allure? I'm loving horde battles though.

That'sthepoint.jpg
I think they should make water battle when surfing and diving, exclusive only to water Pokemon.

Some people in the UK are already purchasing the game, apparently. Meanwhile, in Spain:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19663158/Comunicacion_Pokemon_Nintendo2DS_081013.pdf

I don't know if this document is real (it seems like it is). The underlined part says "don't you dare sell the game before the 12th, or else. If you do, remember clause 7.3, we may reduce the amount of games you receive or stop sending you games at all".

Amusing part? The 12th of October is a national holiday, think 4th of July in the USA.

Argh can't access my internet banking so no clue if ShopTo have charged me or not yet... my anticipation is total!
Run to the nearest ATM of your bank and check the recent transactions (or any ATM if you know your balance), its the only way.

wonder if pc management got any changes. still never got why there is deposit/withdraw when move does both and better?
Its probably like AI control in Dragon Quest games. Some traditionalists like to play that way. Well at least that is how I felt about it. Deposit and widthdraw can be slightly faster though, unless you need to change boxes.

Some people in the UK are already purchasing the game, apparently. Meanwhile, in Spain:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19663158/Comunicacion_Pokemon_Nintendo2DS_081013.pdf

I don't know if this document is real (it seems like it is). The underlined part says "don't you dare sell the game before the 12th, or else. If you do, remember clause 7.3, we may reduce the amount of games you receive or stop sending you games at all".

Amusing part? The 12th of October is a national holiday, think 4th of July in the USA.

Most retailers probably got a mail like that but some just don't care. The 12th being a holiday is unfortunate for the spanish gamers though.

Dr. Buni

Someone dare to look in the Leak Thread?;)
I am posting there since the thread was opened, but I don't recall any leaks regarding this feature. No wait, actually, there is ONE picture that may mean the feature is similar to the one in ACNL. I will spoiler the link for those who don't want to see it (also don't worry, there is 0 new Pokémon in the picture):

dock

Is there any information on trainer customisation and gender options?
My purchase pretty much pivots on this.

This may be the first time I use a female avatar for a pokemon game. The fashion options are just too good.

DigitalOp

Banned
That'sthepoint.jpg
I think they should make water battle when surfing and diving, exclusive only to water Pokemon.

So what's the point of that? Besides the dual types and couple of pokemon who qualify, everything is a flying type and you'll be trading neutral blows... I dont see the fun in that...

Aside from it, other pokemon are going to shut the tier rankings down. If I use all Emolgas, everything is fucked up. How is that gonna work?

Same with your "Water Battles", Whats stopping a team of Lanturns? Or Stunfisks? Or Ludicolos? Im destroying a whole tier of pokemon by exploting thier weakness. It litterally filters them out to get whacked.

Until I see it firsthand, I think GF didn't think this through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom