• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

wtf!? I know it's a small sample size but when did everyone become able to learn toxic?

I have a party of
Espeon
Ampharos
Lucario
Blaziken
Charizard
Greninja

and they all can learn Toxic

Anything can learn Toxic. :p Literally any Pokemon that can learn TM moves.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I FINALLY beat the second gym. My Pokemon are:

Lv42 Chesnaught
Lv41 Greninja
Lv38 Charizard
Lv30 Snorlax
Lv30 Tyrunt

Love the gym leader battle music and Team Flare music.
Wow, and here I was thinking I was overpowered in that gym. My two highest mons were 34 and 32, respectively.

jrDev

Super training is about Effort Values or EVs. And thatis a whole other explanation. But for every 4 points you get in a stat, you will get a 1 point in your base stat.
What's the difference between stat and base stat? That's mostly what's confusing me. I just used an HP bag but my pokemons HP did not increase...

SuperSah

Banned
They get added during Level-Ups. It takes up to Level 100 to distribute them. You will start to notice it later. It's always fun to EV train legendaries and see their stats explode with each level. The later you start the higher the stat increase each level will be, but at Lv. 100 it's even.

Thanks a lot. So it'll gradually begin to show? Good way to prevent it being OP.

Thanks! :)

hemtae

Does anybody know if there's a place to get a dusk stone before the sixth gym (the fairy one). The stone shop in Lumiose City doesn't sell it.

I just got into the Lumiose City boutique, Boutique Couture. Man, that is some expensive stuff... And I thought that hotel was expensive. lol. Though I'm actually really happy I have a lot of things to spend my money on.

I'm going to collect as many clothes as I can.

How does one make Boost Mulch?

Also holy shit Berry Farming is improved.

I mixed 1-2 Oran Berries with 1-2 Pecha Berries. They're some of the first Berries I got in the game, so I ended up with tons and tons of them after farming.

ryan-ts

Does anyone want a Modest Lvl.1 Deino? I only have 4 hatched right now but I can breed more if people are interested. All the starting stats are at 6 beside Attack which is 5. I don't need anything in return but I'm looking for a Tentacool if you want to help me out.

Aggrotek

I could use a Ditto as well. I traded for one, but the guy named it
rapeist
now no one will trade for it on the GTS... :mad:

Velcro Fly

Just got Badge #1! Star of the game is Chespin! He grew from 12 to 14 during the battle!

Think I've earned getting that event Torchic! :)

Time for some VOLCANO BAKEMEAT!

BWpEBN5CEAExBOr.jpg:large

I doubt anyone will get this reference...

Berordn

What's the difference between stat and base stat? That's mostly what's confusing me. I just used an HP bag but my pokemons HP did not increase...

Short answer: Base Stats are basically experience points for your stats.

Long Answer: Stats are what you see on your Pokemon's detail screens and what attacks are calcuated based off of. Base Stats (or EVs) are a way of adding extra points in the six stats. Four base stats (EVs) in any given stat will grant an extra point of that stat at level 100. A Pokemon can only ever have 510 base stat points at a time, however.

Fireblend

Banned
I caught a spare Mawile yesterday with the hopes of trading it on GTS for a Ditto, and today I checked and my plan worked! Plus I just reached route 10 and got myself an Eevee. Love this game
3AQmK.gif

The online features in this game are just plain amazing.

jrDev

Long Answer: Stats are what you see on your Pokemon's detail screens and what attacks are calcuated based off of. Base Stats (or EVs) are a way of adding extra points in the six stats. Four base stats (EVs) in any given stat will grant an extra point of that stat at level 100. A Pokemon can only ever have 510 base stat points at a time, however.
So I just increased my pokemons HP base stat by 8 which equals 2 stat points? Pokemons HP is still 28 instead of 30...

Berordn

One more question;

What advantages do personalities have in the game? Adamant etc?

Also, caught a Ralts! Gardevior, I come :3

A Nature increases one stat by 10% (the stat in red on the summary page) and decreases another by 10% (the stat in blue on the summary page). There are some natures that increase and decrease the same stat and are effectively neutral.

So I just increased my pokemons HP base stat by 8 which equals 2 stat points? Pokemons HP is still 28 instead of 30...

They only have full effect at level 100. Lower levels require more Base Stats per stat point to increase it. As it levels further you'll see the remaining points get added.

jester_

Does anyone want a Modest Lvl.1 Deino? I only have 4 hatched right now but I can breed more if people are interested. All the starting stats are at 6 beside Attack which is 5. I don't need anything in return but I'm looking for a Tentacool if you want to help me out.
FC is 3668-8147-7618
I'll take a couple of those, and I have a Tentacool

Wiseblade

Super Training is so slow! Even though I've finally got the hang of it, I'm still confident I could ev train faster the traditional way. Does Pokérus affect ST? That's pretty much the only way I see it being faster.

FSLink

Banned
Where's the best places to find Rain in this game? Tried flying to Cycllage City, Route 8, and the route where you get Goomy at and no dice. :(

Sora_N

Super Training is so slow! Even though I've finally got the hang of it, I'm still confident I could ev train faster the traditional way. Does Pokérus affect ST? That's pretty much the only way I see it being faster.

I heard to max it all may take about 1.5 hrs. Wish you could skip some of the 'cutscenes'. I'm almost done my Charmeleon though...then I gotta do Mawille and Sylveon.

Berordn

Pokerus doesn't seem to affect it, but there are punching bags that increase your effectiveness in Super Training.

The traditional way won't really work either, since we don't know a lot of locations or the EV yields of new Pokemon yet.

Trey

This is wrong. Or inaccurate, rather.

Base stats are predetermined, unchanging values that are the same for all Pokemon of a species. They are notated as such: Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe.

EVs are effort values, and are added on top of base stats as the Pokemon battles or super trains. They are capped at 510 EVs, with every forth EV adding to the base stat total.

IVs further add to base stats, and they are randomly generated numbers in each stat. Their value ranges from 0-31. They can be manipulated through breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom