• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Ask and ye shall recieve (shitty iPod pics):

ibdScgwYocDKud.JPG

iZNeGGUVwIyfl.JPG

hate

SuperSah

Banned
Female Ralts can't become Gallade (unless something's changed). I'm not a competitive battler, though, so I don't know if she's competitively viable as a Gardevoir with that nature.

So I landed me a male Ralts now..

GAF, what's nicer for battles, Gardevoir or Gallade?

clemenx

Banned
Man. I can't decide between Amaura or Tyrunt. I love them both equally.

We still don't have movesets right? That'd help me make my decision...

That shiny Sliggoo is freaking beautiful. I have played the hell out of every single Pokemon game and I have never even encountered a shiny :'(

Reallllllly hoping that changes by the end of X

Yo is there an easier way to get reset bags than just punching the normal bag? Been doing it forever...Still have yet to even see a reset bag. Been playing the game so far without paying attention to EVs or anything and I gotta reset everybody so I can build em up right and not worry about it anymore.

Velcro Fly

Only took about 15 or so resets for Adamant Torchic.

Going to be a fun time with Chespin/Squirtle/Torchic. Not sure what else I'm going to use yet though.

Kirlia

Banned
So I landed me a male Ralts now..

GAF, what's nicer for battles, Gardevoir or Gallade?

I'm getting the feeling that it's a matter of personal preference. Back in fifth gen, people probably would have said Gallade (physical attacker with excellent movepool), but Gardevoir's new typing and Mega Evolution have probably moved her (in terms of competitive battle) from "above-average" to "great."

Yo is there an easier way to get reset bags than just punching the normal bag? Been doing it forever...Still have yet to even see a reset bag. Been playing the game so far without paying attention to EVs or anything and I gotta reset everybody so I can build em up right and not worry about it anymore.

Quoting for the new page

Wiseblade

I'm getting the feeling that it's a matter of personal preference. Back in fifth gen, people probably would have said Gallade (physical attacker with excellent movepool), but Gardevoir's new typing and Mega Evolution have probably moved her (in terms of competitive battle) from "above-average" to "great."
More like from below average. There was no reason to use her over the likes of Alakazam.

SuperSah

Banned

I'm gonna get both and see when they're both at decent levels which is more useful.

About 12 hours in and I haven't got further than the route after the first gym. lol, so much fun. xD

pulga

Banned
What are the streetpass features in this? Getting a green light at the corner of the game icon, but don't know where to look.

Made this originally for /vp/, but It's important to all players so...

UX6hfue.jpg

Spotpass and Streetpass are not natively activated in XY. In order to activate it;

1. Go to the PSS
  2. Select the folder icon in the top center
  3. Select Holo Caster
This should prompt you to activate Streetpass for the game. For Spotpass, a menu will be displayed, and you should see "Turn On Spotpass" or Activate maybe lol. It'll tell you that Nintendo/Pokemon will be able to contact you with special events and things.

From the looks of it, you might be able to download events and other things directly from the game, rather than having to go back to the main screen. You should get one downloaded immediately, which tells you about the Torchic Event. It's pretty cool; it uses the camera and makes a holographic image over top of whatever you're looking at like the one I took.

It's important for you to activate it, as they could potentially allow people to get items or other things from Spotpass, similar to what Animal Crossing does, as well as announcements for events.

As for Streetpass, no idea what it does yet. A NPC mentioned that you can get Pokemiles, but not sure how many or whatnot yet. I already streetpassed someone today who didn't have anything activated and I don't believe I got anything >____>

Growlie19

At the Elite 4 now with....
Greninja level 66 with Ice Beam, Surf, Substitute, and Extrasensory.
Raichu level 66 with Thunderbolt, Strength, Brick Break, and Dig.
Charizard level 66 with Flamethrower, Slash, Shadow Claw, and Fly.
Gogoat level 66 with Return, Leaf Blade, Earthquake, and Milk Drink.
Florges level 66 with Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Petal Dance, and Aromatherapy.
Dragalge level 65 with Thunderbolt, Dragon Pulse, Surf, and Sludge Bomb.

Now I'm going back to earlier routes with a Bibarel with Cut and Rock Smash to see what I missed. I'm also amassing heart scales to reteach moves to my team.

Is a female Ralts with Gentle nature viable enough once she's a Gallade?

Ability: Synchronise
Positive Sp. Defence
Negative Defence

Seems a bit of a fair balance, right?

General rule of thumb. You should try to obtain a nature that lowers a stat that your Pokemon doesn't need. For instance, Gallade doesn't usually use its Sp. Attack so you should get a nature that lowers Sp. Attack. Gardevoir doesn't usually uses its Attack stat, so you should try for a nature that lowers Attack.

StayDead

Ok so this is a pain in the ass finding all these shops. Is there some kind of map to find them so I can go into the botique in the main city?

RkOwnage

Is there a strategy for Pokemon-Amie? Trying to get Sylveon still, and when I get fullness up, Enjoyment goes down. And Affection doesn't seem to be moving at all. Didn't know if there was a trick to it or not.

The First Battle Sister who owns the Battle Mansion/Mason uses
Wigglytuff
-Thunderbolt
Purugly
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Shadow Ball
Grumpig
-Shadow Ball

What are the streetpass features in this? Getting a green light at the corner of the game icon, but don't know where to look.

I have no clue. I StreetPassed three people yesterday with the SP features activated but when I went into the Holocaster all it said was I passed three people and got some Pokémiles.

They didn't show up in my acquaintances or anything so I have yet to see the point.

SuperSah

Banned
General rule of thumb. You should try to obtain a nature that lowers a stat that your Pokemon doesn't need. For instance, Gallade doesn't usually use its Sp. Attack so you should get a nature that lowers Sp. Attack. Gardevoir doesn't usually uses its Attack stat, so you should try for a nature that lowers Attack.

All this confusion!

Thanks. Best get a Ralts that has a low Attack stat.

How do you know what they do and don't use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom