• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pariah164

You need to visit either all cafes or ALL buildings in the entire city :/
To amend, this didn't work for me. I did this and still wasn't allowed in. I finally went to Cyllage city and got myself into a matching outfit (I.E. all my clothes worn had the same background on the card). Once I did this, I was finally allowed in.

Dr. Buni

That's dedication.

I'm just gonna breed, EV train, finish all the post game content and fill the Pokedex when the Bank opens up. Then I can put the game down, only coming back for the occasional online battle. I'll finally get on with my life until Z releases.
Eh sadly nothing of these things you mentioned appeal to me, specially filling the dex. That said, maybe I should take a break and only replay the game in December...

Sigmaah

Got a Modest Fennekin from that girl after I beat the game! Yay for the right Nature!

I just wanna focus on getting right natures and EV's for now but I need to reset my ev's on my Pokemon, how can I do so without a fucking reset bag? I can't seem to get one.

KHlover

Banned
To amend, this didn't work for me. I did this and still wasn't allowed in. I finally went to Cyllage city and got myself into a matching outfit (I.E. all my clothes worn had the same background on the card). Once I did this, I was finally allowed in.

Hm, seems there are multiple ways. Another list which supposedly works:

1) Battle the 1 and 2 star Hotels
2) Go to a few of the Cafes and talk to everyone
3) Do the hotel minigames
4) Talk to the woman who has the go goat in the Anime (she is in the tourist centre the building with the book symbol next to it)
5) get the contacts case and shoot a video
6)Defeat trainers in the small alleyways

So I have a level 28 riolu who I've taken a likeness to, doing the minigame training more than any other Pokemon. O just have a few questions:
1) how has he not evolved yet?
2) his mood is "lax" and characteristic is "somewhat vain.what does that mean?
3) his, I guess , "passive" ability is steadfast, is there a significantly better passive I could have gotten riolu with? I plan on having him be apart of my main team.
4) considering 2 & 3: should I capture another to get better moods n stuff?

I think it needs max happiness + gaining a level during the day for it to evolve.

Can anyone provide me with a Ditto?

I cannot give much in return, but I should be able to farm out a few Amaura in the next few hours for people if I get one - unless I am mistaken,

DC: 0173 1316 9852

Randdalf

Just sent out some Pumpkaboos in Wonder Trade that I had hanging about, didn't get anything good it return, but I guess that's Wonder Trade for you.

tetsuoFI

Around the release of Black & White, I got a an excel spreadsheet containing every Pokemon including the B&W ones, I think somebody from Neogaf did that list. I have my list on paper which I still fill up whenever I find a new Pokemon, I think it's quite handy to keep tabs on what I have. Does anybody know is there an updated list with X & Y Pokemon somewhere?

DeVeAn

WHY?!?!? do HM's exist they way they do? Every game it cause me to go back and forth and then find the move deleter.

ryz

Just tried the Friend Safari.. So awesome!

Around the release of Black & White, I got a an excel spreadsheet containing every Pokemon including the B&W ones, I think somebody from Neogaf did that list. I have my list on paper which I still fill up whenever I find a new Pokemon, I think it's quite handy to keep tabs on what I have. Does anybody know is there an updated list with X & Y Pokemon somewhere?

I'd also like the B&W list! Do you have it anywhere?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Can anyone provide me with a Ditto?

I cannot give much in return, but I should be able to farm out a few Amaura in the next few hours for people if I get one - unless I am mistaken,

DC: 0173 1316 9852
I got one for you; FC in profile.
WHY?!?!? do HM's exist they way they do? Every game it cause me to go back and forth and then find the move deleter.
Think about it. What would happen if you could surf onto an island and delete your HM move?

Trey

So I have a level 28 riolu who I've taken a likeness to, doing the minigame training more than any other Pokemon. O just have a few questions:
1) how has he not evolved yet?
2) his mood is "lax" and characteristic is "somewhat vain.what does that mean?
3) his, I guess , "passive" ability is steadfast, is there a significantly better passive I could have gotten riolu with? I plan on having him be apart of my main team.
4) considering 2 & 3: should I capture another to get better moods n stuff?

He has to level up at max happiness during the daytime.

Lax I'd his nature, and it isn't a good one. These natures determine which stat is increased and decreased in a Pokemon, and the one you would want for Lucario is Adamant, as its stats and move pool support a very physical style of play.

Inner Focus is generally preferred to Steadfast, but Justified is better than both to me.

I would, but I have a quirk with min/maxing.

Did they alter shiny colours around a bit?

I evolved my shiny weepinbel into a victreebel and it had silver leafs.

not the same as shiny references from older gens.

Matchew

So just to make sure, going off serebii here. The only teachable fairy move you can get isn't until the Laverre Gym? So there is no way I can evolve my eevee into the fairy pokemon until then right?

I just got lucky in wondertrade. Someone sent me a Froakie on my second try, is in chinese though, so I don't understand the description. Now im just missing fennekin and I'm not even on the 2nd badge. Who else has got something good from wondertrade?

Btw, how long is the game?I've played for 6 hours, I feel the game is slow if you explore a lot.

Roto13

So just to make sure, going of serebii here. The own teachable fairy move you can get isn't until the Laverre Gym? So there is no way I can evolve my eevee into the fairy pokemon until then right?

Eevee learns a fairy move early, but there's a good chance it has already forgotten it by the time you catch it. Catch one that's 19 or lower, or breed one, and you'll get a fairy move pretty quickly.

It also learns another one later naturally, I think.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I really like how the bottom screen is almost a different game than what's going in the top screen.

Matchew

Eevee learns a fairy move early, but there's a good chance it has already forgotten it by the time you catch it. Catch one that's 19 or lower, or breed one, and you'll get a fairy move pretty quickly.

It also learns another one later naturally, I think.

Ok but what happens when I start using it and it evolves due to friendness? Does Eevee learn the move before that usually?

Mononoke

Banned
Just caught
Zygarde. Found him fairly easy to catch. Got him after a couple tries with an ultra ball. Mewtwo was a lot harder for me. Pretty stupid question, but now that I've beaten the game, what else is there to do? Obviously there is going around to each route and catching every Pokemon. I'm doing that. And I know about the Battle thingy (in the new City + in Lumnious). But anything else?

Sadist

Sweet, I just got my first shiny! A shiny Drapion appeared and I carefully chipped it's health away by using quick attack lol.

My team is in beast mode right now. For people who aren't sure about using Heliopile, do it. I trained him until lvl 49 and he learned Thunderbolt. So I used the sunstone and Heliolisk at lvl 60 is amazing. His defense stat is only at 76, but everything else is pretty good. Attack 102, Sp. Atk 155, Sp Def 138 and Speed 155.

So my team at this point;

Heliolisk lvl 60
Talonflame lvl 60
Gogoat lvl 60
Tyrantrum lvl 60
Charizard lvl 63
Greninja lvl 63

DeVeAn

I got one for you; FC in profile.
Think about it. What would happen if you could surf onto an island and delete your HM move?

Fix this by making it a key item call "surfboard"? I don't know I like the idea of them for progression but, not as perma moves or slave-mon.

Kenai

Especially the fighting moves. They are probably the best attack animations in the game. Retaliate was the best move I've seen so far. I'm not sure if it was the Sawk I saw do it, or the animation alone but it was awesome.

I wouldn't necessarily say it looks better than Retaliate, but Brave Bird looked like something straight out of the anime show. Looked really nice. Thunder looks pretty good too.

Velcro Fly

I'm currently dominating the first forest area with Pidgey. Pidgey and Chespin will be my team basically until the first gym I think.

I'm catching everything I come across.

I'm loving the visuals and the sound.

Namikaze1

I apologize for taking you off the game but I have a few questions.

1) Which version has the Poison/Dragon Pokemon?

2) How long does the Torchic Distribution lasts?

3) For those who have a 2DS, how comfortable is it to hold compare to a 3DS?

I'm planning to get the game and a 2DS in the next few weeks. I would get a regular 3DS (traded in my launch 3DS a year and a half ago) but I'm on a gaming budget right now. Thanks in advance.

KHlover

Banned
1) Battle the 1 and 2 star Hotels
2) Go to a few of the Cafes and talk to everyone
3) Do the hotel minigames
4) Talk to the woman who has the go goat in the Anime (she is in the tourist centre the building with the book symbol next to it)
5) get the contacts case and shoot a video
6)Defeat trainers in the small alleyways

Can confirm this list works. Took me the entire fucking day, but I'm finally able to buy a Fedora for 80.000 Pokedollars. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom