• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLink

Banned
WHY?!?!? do HM's exist they way they do? Every game it cause me to go back and forth and then find the move deleter.

Just catch a Bidoof and evolve it to Bibarel. It learns 4/5 HMs, all but Fly. I stuck Fly on Talonflame so I could have something with Flame Body too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Fix this by making it a key item call "surfboard"? I don't know I like the idea of them for progression but, not as perma moves or slave-mon.
I remember when people were like "homg Surfing on Lapras"
By implementing a Surfboard, you take the interaction between the world and your Pokemon out of the game.

ryz

I just checked how many Pokemon I've seen, and the Professor says "Some Pokemon Abilities make it easier for you to encounter wild Pokemon!"

Which abilities does he mean?

I have:

- 1 Adamant Tyrunt
- 2 Modest Amaura
- 2 Adamant Charmander
- 1 Modest Charmander
- 5-6 Charmander of various natures
- 5 Chespin of various natures
- 2-3 extra Tyrunt/Amaura of various natures

My FC is: 3883-6060-2395

Add me and PM me with your FC and what you want if you want anything. If you have Y exclusives or rare stuff, I'd be thankful but I don't care really at all what you give me, want FC's for Friend Safari !

To those who I made Adamant Tyrunts for from last night, I have them all and I'll send them to you guys later today.

first come first serve!

FSLink

Banned
I just checked how many Pokemon I've seen, and the Professor says "Some Pokemon Abilities make it easier for you to encounter wild Pokemon!"

Which abilities does he mean?
If these abilities are on the Pokemon in front of your party it'll activate:

Static: See Electric Type Pokemon more often
Hustle/Vital Spirit: High level Wild Pokemon are more common
Intimidate/Keen Eye: Low Leveled Pokemon are less commin
Pressure/Arena Trap: Wild Pokemon more common

EDIT: Synchronize and Compound Eyes are probably the most useful.
Synchronize for natures, Compound Eyes for held items.

Makes it really easy to farm Heart Scales off of Wild Luvdisc (with Old Rod) if you have a Vivillion@Compound Eyes with Thief.
http://www.serebii.net/emerald/ability.shtml More here

SGRemy

Hey guys, just beat Y. Looking for FC so I can be rocking this Friend Safari Zone.

My FC is 1950-8626-5329

Pm me your friend codes!! (I'm an electric zone btw)

Donuts

He has to level up at max happiness during the daytime.

Lax I'd his nature, and it isn't a good one. These natures determine which stat is increased and decreased in a Pokemon, and the one you would want for Lucario is Adamant, as its stats and move pool support a very physical style of play.

Inner Focus is generally preferred to Steadfast, but Justified is better than both to me.

I would, but I have a quirk with min/maxing.

Thanks! I figure if I want to keep him in my party for good I'll want to get the best possible setup. Wonder how long it'll take to get a riolu with inner focus AND that's adamant :(

Anyway, whats the whole "somewhat vain" characteristic about?

Roto13

If these abilities are on the Pokemon in front of your party it'll activate:

Static: See Electric Type Pokemon more often
Hustle/Vital Spirit: High level Wild Pokemon are more common
Intimidate/Keen Eye: Low Leveled Pokemon are less commin
Pressure/Arena Trap: Wild Pokemon more common

EDIT: Synchronize and Compound Eyes are probably the most useful.
Synchronize for natures, Compound Eyes for held items.

Makes it really easy to farm Heart Scales off of Wild Luvdisc (with Old Rod) if you have a Vivillion@Compound Eyes with Thief.
http://www.serebii.net/emerald/ability.shtml More here

You can also use Sweet Scent to start a Pokemon battle whenever you're standing somewhere with Pokemon battles.

Damian.

Banned
Linoone is my HM homie. Got him as zigzag just for pickup, ended up carrying his weight. Too handy too often

Same here. He has Cut, Strength, Rock Smash and picks up various items along the way. He was built specifically for a 6th man award.

For some reason I don't think I've ever been as dirt-poor in any past game as I've been in XY. Is it the clothes? The amount of balls I buy to keep up with the immense Pokemon variety? Generally reduced cash prizes? I don't know. The Amulet Coin is helping a little but once the Boutique in Lumiose opens up I'm going to be broke again.

SuperSah

Banned
Guys, help me?

I don't get Super Training. I'm getting more stats but why do they not appear on my Pokemon?

Punch bag > stats > doesn't show on my Poke?

Repost incase no one noticed
Can someone please explain?

HawthorneKitty

For some reason I don't think I've ever been as dirt-poor in any past game as I've been in XY. Is it the clothes? The amount of balls I buy to keep up with the immense Pokemon variety? Generally reduced cash prizes? I don't know. The Amulet Coin is helping a little but once the Boutique in Lumiose opens up I'm going to be broke again.
You can get around 330k a run if you solo the Elite 4.

HawthorneKitty

Thanks very much for help. Will try and pay you back with something in the future - something that is better than an Absol... :/

I guess by the level of the Ditto, I am a bit to far behind to be much help though!

Thanks again!
Nah, the Absol was great since I didn't have one yet, thanks.

Leezard

I have:

- 1 Adamant Tyrunt
- 2 Modest Amaura
- 2 Adamant Charmander
- 1 Modest Charmander

Add me and PM me with your FC and what you want if you want anything. If you have Y exclusives or rare stuff, I'd be thankful but I don't care really at all what you give me, want FC's for Friend Safari !

To those who I made Adamant Tyrunts for from last night, I have them all and I'll send them to you guys later today.

first come first serve!

PM'd

Emitan

I would feel bad about using Mega
Gengar
but so many people are filling their teams with overpowered legendaries that I don't care

Since Jigglypuff's a Fairy type now, I don't know when to evolve it. Mine just learned Disarming Voice at lvl51 and the Black/White Jigglypuff stops learning moves at 53. Ugh, I'm so confused if I should just take the dive and evolve it already.

Also I got lucky and got a Sawk with a jolly nature. So it lowers it's sp.def while raising it's speed. Guess I got lucky with that catch.

Kouriozan

Ok, I got 2 member for my flying type team already.
Dragonite with 29~31 atk IV and 30 Spd, Skarmory with 31 Def IV and 30 Atk but his speed is a bit low (10) but I guess it won't matter much for a tanker.
Already EV trained Dragonite (252 Atk/Spd and 4 Hp), it's now time to do it for Skarmory!

KHlover

Banned
Guys, help me?

I don't get Super Training. I'm getting more stats but why do they not appear on my Pokemon?

Punch bag > stats > doesn't show on my Poke?

They get added during Level-Ups. It takes up to Level 100 to distribute them. You will start to notice it later. It's always fun to EV train legendaries and see their stats explode with each level. The later you start the higher the stat increase each level will be, but at Lv. 100 it's even.

Anyone know where abouts you can get Fossils post-Elite Four? Looking to get Cranidos.

Also, if anyone wants to add me for Friend Safari my code is 4914-3954-3762

Only just got there so not sure what zone i am.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just got Y because I think that Yveltal looks cooler and I prefer Y Charizard. Haven't play a Pokemon since Emerald.

SGRemy

I have:

- 1 Adamant Tyrunt
- 2 Modest Amaura
- 2 Adamant Charmander
- 1 Modest Charmander

first come first serve!
Pm sent!

FlipWilson

Neo Member
wtf!? I know it's a small sample size but when did everyone become able to learn toxic?

I have a party of
Espeon
Ampharos
Lucario
Blaziken
Charizard
Greninja

and they all can learn Toxic

Just found the Judge and he said that my Greninja's best IVs are in Speed and that they couldn't be better which means they're pretty high. It has a neutral nature but it's pretty usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom