• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this is a pain in the ass finding all these shops. Is there some kind of map to find them so I can go into the botique in the main city?

Here's a slightly fancy preliminary one.

Besides the cafes, I believe you also need to work at the rich hotel. I visited all the ones on the map, and they wouldn't let me in, but then went to do the 3 jobs at the hotel and they let me in.

Not that you really want to buy anything there. It's super expensive. Although an NPC mentions a coupon.....

Salsa

I really shouldn't worry about natures until end game right? I mean I can always breed until I get the right one correct?

I really dont worry about competitive stuff until im done with the story. Stresses me out. I just go with what I know will be useful and what looks the coolest

kPkUk0f.jpg

Uhh...

Roto13

wow. kinda makes sense... but not just electric moves paralyze though... hmmm....

good to know.

Is there any reason not to use nuzzle vs thunderwave then?

I actually replaced Nuzzle with Thunder Wave so I can use it on weak/weakened Pokemon I want to catch. :p But for pvp battles, yeah, I can't think of any reason to use Thunder Wave instead of Nuzzle.

SlickVic

Was wondering what this Wonder Trade thing was - so I decided to select my Charmander.

2996.jpg

Just restarted my game.

Does it automatically begin the trade without asking for confirmation? That seems like an odd design choice. Considering how text-heavy these games like to be, I'm surprised they don't explain it to you every time you try to do it.

Are any other types immune to a certain status? Like Poison type being immune to being poisoned?
Well, Toxic can never miss when used by a Poison type. It can hit through fly and dig, etc now when used by a Poison type.

Ghosts cannot be trapped by abilities or moves.

Apparently sound based moves can be used through a Substitute.

This is really weird stuff that will take some time to remember.

pariah164

Was wondering what this Wonder Trade thing was - so I decided to select my Charmander.

2996.jpg

Just restarted my game.
Good karma will come back to ya bro. /pats

Also, another post game question...

Why can't I get Poke Radar to work? I got it from the lab, but every time I try to select it, I get the 'nope' message about not being able to. Is it because I have it on the shortcut menu?

macklelol

Good karma will come back to ya bro. /pats

Also, another post game question...

Why can't I get Poke Radar to work? I got it from the lab, but every time I try to select it, I get the 'nope' message about not being able to. Is it because I have it on the shortcut menu?

Make sure you aren't on your bike/rollerskates when doing it. And it doesn't work in some places like Friend Safari.

I got 4 Male Amaura's that just hatched if anyone wants one.. It is the
Sail Fossil
Pokemon

KQFJaGg.png

No need for anything big/great in return - unless you want to

Name: Thomas
FC: 0173 1316 9852

Wat...I ran into
------Moltres-------
and it just fled before I could even do anything. I know that you can find it in the
Sea Spirit's Den
after it flees a few times but can you do anything to catch it before that?

Meier

For those curious, YES, the game clock does continue if you have it closed. Mine was at 8:29 when I got back from lunch and it was at 9:11 when I checked it some time later. I am not sure what the algorithm is (maybe 3 minutes of sleep = 1 minutes of in-game), but I noticed this is also the case with Mario & Luigi. Very weird.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wat...I ran into
------Moltres-------
and it just fled before I could even do anything. I know that you can find it in the
Sea Spirit's Den
after it flees a few times but can you do anything to catch it before that?
You can't do anything.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I got a female Froakie. Is that good? I don't think I ever had a female starter before lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom