• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I don't get the shiny horde pics. Whats the problem?

The Sevipers will kill the Zangoose before it can be caught. The other one is annoying because you can only catch one per horde battle and there were two.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The Sevipers will kill the Zangoose before it can be caught. The other one is annoying because you can only catch one per horde battle and there were two.

why will the sevipers kill the shiny? They are on the same team, arent they?

I don't get the shiny horde pics. Whats the problem?

I was about to post the same thing...

Can't the player just kill every other Pokemon and catch the shiny? If the Zangoose picture so bad just because he only has 2 balls to catch it?

EDIT: Explained. Thanks

MicH

Wat we can buy some of these megastones? Neat. Where it is?
You can buy one in the Stone Emporium in Lumiose

1) Battle the 1 and 2 star Hotels
2) Go to a few of the Cafes and talk to everyone
3) Do the hotel minigames
4) Talk to the woman who has the go goat in the Anime (she is in the tourist centre the building with the book symbol next to it)
5) get the contacts case and shoot a video
6)Defeat trainers in the small alleyways

This seems to be the actually correct list. Worked for me without buying any clothes. You just need to become a hipster. Pointless cafe visits. Visit Art exhibits. Work at places you'll never be able to regulary visit. Become "stylish".
I never actually got the contacts case. Where do you get it? I've done everything else

Beats

What are the benefits, for that matter?

From that affection guide on reddit:
http://a0.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1obmol/max_affection_in_20_mins_0_to_5_hearts_pokemon/

+20% boosted EXP gained after every fight
+10% evasiveness in battle
Higher critical hit chance (battle text will say "Pokemon XXX is in sync with TrainerName" before critting)
Your pokemon has a high chance of shrugging off status effects by itself (paralysis, burn, poison, confusion) during a battle or after the end of a battle.
Your pokemon can hang on with 1 HP when it's about to faint (almost works as if it's holding a Focus Band)
Your pokemon can prevent its stats from being lowered (about 10% - 15% chance)
Affection-based moves will deal maximum damage
Special affection-based evolutions (Eevee > Sylveon, etc.)

I don't know how much of it is true though.

Wunder

Is there a quick guide to EV training/breeding? I may sound extremely lazy but I was just wondering if there was a document anywhere that could introduce me to EV/Breeding really quick because I wanted to get into it but it seemed like such a flood of information that takes a lot of effort to parse.

Jintor

Oh yeah - all the camera stuff and Pokemon Amie and the game's gyro inexplicably activating when a holo clip plays just makes me angrier and angrier that there's no Pokemon Snap 2 yet.

THERE'S SO MANY MORE POKEMANS I WANT TO TAKE PICTURES OF

HT UK

Anyone else keep getting connection error with the GTS? Happened three times in a row for me. Was fine up until this evening :S

FrsDvl

So i just beat the 8th gym and got my badge, i'm off to the Pokemon League.
Would my current team be good enough?

Charizard - lvl 65
Farfetch'd - lvl 61
Greninja - lvl 58
Lucario - lvl 55
Pikachu - lvl 51 ( could evolve to Raichu )
Xerneas - lvl 54

I figured i should grind it out till eveyone is at least at lvl 60, but of course if i don't have to i wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom