• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllumiNate

Today...

is a good day.

RrwAjdKl.jpg

UK copies. Won't be posting any spoilers.

Lucky Ducky which one are you playing first?

Highwind

As may mine. Though, I am currently uncertain if I will begin coverage on the site then, or hold off for a massive blowout on Friday...

Make notes now and release it all on release.

On the forums I plan to do that for the discovery thread if it comes Thursday. :)

Anyone on ShopTo had an update yet?

Nope.

I expect the dispatch email tomorrow. Passed 4 so a Wednesday delivery isn't happening for me. :(

Nope.

I expect the dispatch email tomorrow. Passed 4 so a Wednesday delivery isn't happening for me. :(

Ok, thank you :)

Also, a question for Joe that I've been wondering since the leaks hit. Are you going to cover the games as you would if the leaks hadn't hit or not? How will you handle unrevealed Pokemon that have leaked?

Andrax

Banned
Can't believe the negative reception this game has received on other sites based on a few pathetic leaks. People calling it the "worst gen ever" and it's not even out yet.

It really annoys me, just wait and see!

Just talked to my local videogame clerk and he told me they will have the games most likely on Thursday, maybe even tomorrow.
Cancelling my amazon pre-order now.

Oh, and to everyone who has it already: Have fun, guys and gals! Make it shiny.

Why has it been depressing? :(

For the first time in history, just about everyone was going into a new generation completely blind. We almost made it too, but leaks started to flow last week and now half the internet knows about every single facet of the games.

It is kind of depressing when you think about it :(

You can't be first for everything. /shrug
For the first time in history, just about everyone was going into a new generation completely blind. We almost made it too, but leaks started to flow last week and now half the internet knows about every single facet of the games.

It's the same for me as when it comes out in Japan around this time and the game is completely dissected by the time we get it in March/April. That is, no effect.

Aside from knowing the English names before the Japanese ones.

i dont mind if people know a bit about stuff. Oddly enough its always been pokemon games that i found myself being stuck the most. Games need a freaking journal/quest log, seriously.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Well I switched my Pre-order from Amazon to Shopto as I want to play the game on launch day or before.

Of course this will mean that I will have to squeeze in Uni work before it comes.

Kouriozan

Games need a freaking journal/quest log, seriously.

Yes. The new Pokémon Global Link.
PGL_XY.png

And this

The new PGL will be here soon! :p

The most notable feature of the Pokémon Global Link is the inclusion of a timeline. Using this timeline, you'll be able to share with your friends the various milestones of your journey such as captures, Gym Badges and so forth.
In addition to sharing this with your friends, if your privacy is open, other people around the world can see your posts, comment and even help you if you're stuck.

These posts on the Pokémon Global Link can then be shared to your accounts on other social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.

MicH

I'm so used to knowing all the Pokémon before I even get to play the games, that I have no problem with it.

On the other hand, it would have been very cool if everyone had gone in blind. Those leaks are too tempting to resist!

DaBoss

There is a complete FAQ about Pokemon Bank.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/pokemon_bank_faq/
Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter Frequently Asked Questions

I don't need Pokémon Bank. Can I buy Poké Transporter separately?

No, that is not possible. Poké Transporter is companion software that works together with Pokémon Bank to transfer Pokémon from your copies of Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 to your own private Boxes hosted online through the Pokémon Bank service. After downloading Pokémon Bank, you can download Poké Transporter for no charge.

What are the details of the trial period for Pokémon Bank?

If you download and open Pokémon Bank by January 31, 2014, you will be able to obtain a pass that will allow you to use the software for no charge for 30 days.

Before February 1, 2014, you will need to:
1. Download Pokémon Bank from the Nintendo eShop.
2. Open Pokémon Bank.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to obtain your pass.

This pass unlocks a 30-day trial period. During this time, you will be able to use all of the features in both Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter without charge.

If you download Pokémon Bank but do not open the software and obtain your pass by the end of January 31, 2014 (Friday), you will not be able to obtain the pass. Please be sure to take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts.

Why does Pokémon Bank have a yearly fee of $4.99?

We have decided to implement a $4.99 annual usage fee so our many users will always be able to use Pokémon Bank with ease. We wish to offer this service over the long term, which means management and maintenance will be necessary to ensure that everyone can store their Pokémon online and that the service will be compatible with future Pokémon games. The annual fee will support this maintenance.
What happens to my Pokémon if the no-charge trial period ends or my paid pass expires when my Pokémon are still deposited in Pokémon Bank? Will my Pokémon be lost?More details about how this functionality will operate will be announced closer to launch.

Can I deposit Pokémon holding Berries or other items in Pokémon Bank?

If you try to deposit Pokémon that are holding Berries or other items, the items will be removed and sent to your Bag. If your Bag is full, the items will disappear.
Is there a limit to how many games I can use Pokémon Bank with?

No, there is no limit, although the software currently works only with Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. If you have Pokémon Bank downloaded to your system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you can use it with any number of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y Game Cards or downloadable versions.

Can I use Pokémon Bank as soon as it finishes downloading, or must I reach a certain point in my Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game first?

If you download Pokémon Bank to your system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you will be able to use it at any point after obtaining your Pokédex in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. You cannot use it if you have Pokémon X or Pokémon Y but have not begun the game.

There are some Pokémon that evolve by trading them between different games. Will those Pokémon evolve if I deposit them in Pokémon Bank using one game and then withdraw them in a different game?

No, depositing Pokémon in Pokémon Bank will not cause them to evolve.

If I transfer my Pokémon from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 to Pokémon Bank using Poké Transporter, can I later move them back to those games?

No, that is not possible. Pokémon moved to your online Boxes using Poké Transporter cannot be returned to Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2.

Can I transfer Pokémon to Pokémon X or Pokémon Y from older games in the Pokémon series by using local communications between two game systems?

No, you cannot.

Can I still play Pokémon X and Pokémon Y if I don't have Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter? Will I be missing out on ways to play and things to enjoy compared to other players?

You can fully enjoy Pokémon X and Pokémon Y without Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter.

Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter enable you to store far more Pokémon online than you can in the Boxes within Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and to bring your Pokémon from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 to these games. Even without the ability to store far more Pokémon or bring Pokémon from these previous games, you can fully enjoy what Pokémon X and Pokémon Y have to offer.

Can I use Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter to bring Pokémon from Pokémon games released prior to Pokémon Black and Pokémon White into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y?

You cannot use Poké Transporter to directly transfer Pokémon to your Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games from any previous titles aside from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2.

However, here are some steps you can follow to reach your goal.

Use the GBA Game Card slot on a Nintendo DS Lite or Nintendo DS to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon FireRed, and Pokémon LeafGreen to an area called the Pal Park in Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon HeartGold, or Pokémon SoulSilver.

Then, using two systems from the Nintendo DS family, transfer your Pokémon from Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon HeartGold, or Pokémon SoulSilver to Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 using the Poké Transfer facility that exists within those games.

For more details on how to use these functions, please refer to the instruction manuals for the games in question or visit support.pokemon.com.

I'm worried that if I deposit my Pokémon on the Internet, they could disappear or I might not be able to get them back again due to something like a server error or cyber attack. If the worst happened, would I be compensated for my Pokémon?

In order to prevent our players from losing their Pokémon, we will have security measures in place and will be providing regular maintenance to manage this system securely. Regarding the potential of losing your Pokémon due to natural disaster, unexpected incidents, cyber attacks, or other circumstances, however, we ask that you please read the warnings and stipulations for using Pokémon Bank that we will announce in mid-December, and decide for yourself whether you wish to use the service.

Does Pokémon Bank include a legitimacy checker that will prevent people from depositing "hacked" Pokémon or Pokémon that have been created using unauthorized methods?

We cannot go into details of the checks we intend to put in place, as such information could be used in an effort to circumvent such checks in the future. In order to protect the Pokémon that you worked so hard to raise and to preserve your save data, we ask that you please enjoy playing Pokémon in the correct way, as described in the game manual.

Will I have to transfer my Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID when I want to transfer Pokémon from these older titles to Pokémon Bank?

If you want to continue playing Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 on a system from the Nintendo DS family (and not on your Nintendo 3DS XL/3DS), you need not worry—there is no need to transfer your connection ID.

On the other hand, if you expect that you will continue playing Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 on your Nintendo 3DS XL/3DS, then you will need to transfer your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID.

Please note, however, that once you transfer your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID from a system in the Nintendo DS family to a Nintendo 3DS XL/3DS, you will be unable to transfer your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID to any other system from the Nintendo DS family, including other Nintendo 3DS XL/3DS systems.

FYI: Warnings when changing Nintendo DS systems

Please also note that Poké Transporter is an application that you can download only onto a Nintendo 3DS XL/3DS that has also downloaded Pokémon Bank, and it cannot be downloaded to any other system in the Nintendo DS family.

You can use Pokémon Bank with a Nintendo 3DS XL/3DS system that has Pokémon X or Pokémon Y inserted into it or downloaded onto it, and Poké Transporter can be used on the same Nintendo 3DS XL/3DS system with Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 inserted into it.

Can I use Pokémon Bank without connecting to the Internet?

Pokémon Bank provides you with your own Boxes on the Internet, and allows you to deposit and withdraw your Pokémon from these Boxes, so you will need to have an Internet-ready environment not only to download the application but also to use it.

Can I use Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter if I do not have Internet at my home? Are there other places where I will be able to use it?

You can connect to Pokémon Bank anywhere where you can connect your system in the Nintendo 3DS family to the Internet.

Why can't I Link Trade Pokémon between Pokémon X or Pokémon Y and past Pokémon titles?

Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 were developed to be compatible with the Nintendo DSi system, while Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were developed exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Due to differences in the functionality and specifications of the two families, including their communications systems, it is not possible to carry out communications directly between software designed for the two different families.

Until Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, I could transfer Pokémon by using the functions of my Nintendo DS system. Why do I now have to bother with an application that costs money and requires the Internet?

There are a number of differences between the functions and specifications of the Nintendo 3DS family of systems compared to other systems in the Nintendo DS family (DSi XL/DSi/DS Lite/DS), meaning that it is unfortunately not possible to communicate directly between software made for the two different systems (models).

Meanwhile, we have had requests from many players in the past for a Box program that would go beyond the limitations of the Box functions in the games, so we decided to release Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter both to resolve these technological limitations and to fulfill the needs of our players.

We have made Pokémon Bank a paid application so that our many players will always be able to use it with ease. We plan to offer long-term services of management and maintenance that will allow players to deposit their Pokémon online and ensure that future Pokémon games are compatible, and so we have decided to ask for an annual usage fee ($4.99). We will be providing a 30-day trial that will allow players to use the application at no charge if they download and open the software by January 31, 2014. We hope that our players will understand our reasons for this decision.

Keyouta

There was no chance that the release date would be kept anyway, with a worldwide launch. People who don't want to know the details aren't forced to look at them. Joe's site puts up very cohesive information on new games whenever they launch, so lots of people get spoiled months before the English release in years past anyway.

This time, we got leaks about 2 weeks before launch, which should be easily avoided if you really didn't want to know anything about the new games. I wouldn't really say it's depressing. People who want to know the information get it, and those who don't can easily stay in the dark.

JoeM86

Why has it been depressing? :(

The leaks. The ruining of GameFreak and Nintendo's worldwide release plan. I have very little doubt that the chances of us getting a worldwide launch is diminished. I think the best case scenario now is same-month. Japan at the start, rest of the world at the end.

The leaks. The ruining of GameFreak and Nintendo's worldwide release plan. I have very little doubt that the chances of us getting a worldwide launch is diminished. I think the best case scenario now is same-month. Japan at the start, rest of the world at the end.

So when all those Japanese retailers leaked copies early...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I don't think a leak is going to diminish it's sales at all, and if it doesn't, who cares.

Kouriozan

I agree, leaks starting 10+ days before the release is really sad. I would be happy about what you said, basically, release the US/EU version 2-3 weeks after Japan.

No hold items? I guess it stops early TM obtaining or master ball hoarding. Given it has an annual fee it would have be nice for convenience to have an option to treat some deposits as trades but then the no hold items aspect kind of stops that from working for the ones that annoy me the most (such as clamperl).

It is a shame you have to use Poke Transporter for Gen 5 stuff.

Kouriozan

No hold items? I guess it stops early TM obtaining or master ball hoarding.

You just made me realize something.
Pokémon Bank will work for every new gen, so getting an old TM or item in a new game wouldn't probably work. I guess that's the reason for "no hold items".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't understand why it's sad, or why it would diminish enjoyment.

If you don't want to know just avoid it? People go into leaks knowing full well how it'll effect their enjoyment.

DaBoss

10 days prior won't happen ever again. That retailer probably won't be receiving any shipments any time soon from Nintendo. It also doesn't help they shipped the game so early.

No hold items? I guess it stops early TM obtaining or master ball hoarding. Given it has an annual fee it would have be nice for convenience to have an option to treat some deposits as trades but then the no hold items aspect kind of stops that from working for the ones that annoy me the most (such as clamperl).

It is a shame you have to use Poke Transporter for Gen 5 stuff.

The thing that pisses me off is the mega stones. If we can't bring it with Pokemon Bank, how will we get mega stones in the future?

Why should Japan get it earlier?

Highwind

Anyone know what time the Hut stops dispatching at?

No but I assume the same would apply to most stores where last pick up is at the post office 5:30 though.

Either way if they dispatch now it'll take 2 days still (including tomorrow).

10 days prior won't happen ever again. That retailer probably won't be receiving any shipments any time soon from Nintendo.

iirc that retailer closed down. :(

Keyouta

Every worldwide launch is leaked anyway. If the Japanese got it first the situation would be the same: pokemon and the story would be leaked before the worldwide launch.

MicH

Nintendo's problem was sending out copies to stores TWO WEEKS before release!

Some of the blame has to fall on them

SeZMehK

I know it's depressing with all these leaks and everyone getting their games early. I wish the stores that I usually buy from had the game available for release right now.

DigitalOp

Banned
10 days prior won't happen ever again. That retailer probably won't be receiving any shipments any time soon from Nintendo.

The thing that pisses me off is the mega stones. If we can't bring it with Pokemon Bank, how will we get mega stones in the future?

Instead of legendaries and the like... It is obviously clear now that Mega Evos are the new carrot that GF holds over are heads moving foraward with the series. As much a sI want to like them, they're are pure novelty since they can't even be gathered and stored aside from keeping a present save active and trading between versions.

jackal27

Banned
You guys crying about leaks... I've gone completely dark aside from the starters' final evolutions. Can't wait for Friday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom