• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

Super train it first then leave him in the back with EXP All turned on.

Easy money experience, easy life.

With that said, holy shit why did I completely forget how monstrous Gardevoir could get over time? 205 Sp. Attack at level 53 is amazeballs and the new additional Fairy typing just lets her wreck so much more shit. I need an official movepool to leak so I can attempt running something devious.

I'll try the super training then. And yeah Gardevoir wrecks shit late game.

Magnus

You should be able to rename a Pokemon you obtain in a trade, at the cost of losing all affection/friendly points with it.

I hate being stuck with Pokemon with terrible names.

Although some of the nicks coming in are fun. Got a Wonder traded Bidoof named Zubat. lol

Azure J

I'm also suddenly a little upset that I didn't try for a Modest Froakie to turn it into Greninja and abuse more of its Sp. Attacking set. I'd then raise a Ferrothorn and replace Venusaur with it so my team would have a good wall/slow power hitter and be more balanced than 3 high speed high special attackers and 3 high speed hard physical attackers. :p

Can anyone confirm if
there is an actual in-game method to getting the "hidden" abilities of Pokemon without anything elaborate? I need a Greninja with Protean like NOW.

Regiruler

I'm going to hatch some Brave Honedges. How do I determine their IVs once they're hatched? And what IVs should I be looking for? (I'm not clear on how IVs work)

I'm guessing we're doing brave as opposed to adamant due to the trick room-like playstyle?

EDIT: Phantumb evolves via trade? And I haven't even gotten one yet. FML.

Neiteio

I'm guessing we're doing brave as opposed to adamant due to the trick room-like playstyle?
Yeah, + Attk/-Spd because the Attk/Sp. Attk and Def/Sp. Def flip based on Aegislash's stance.

I don't know how to calculate IVs off a freshly hatched Pokemon, though.

Colin.

Been spending quite a while trying to snag an Abra on route 5, since Alakazam is my favourite psychic pokemon. Is there another route I'm more likely to find one?

DMG-01

Since Honedge starts in Shield mode, wouldn't it be best to give him a +Def nature since that's the stat that will swap with Atk when he switches forms?

Teknoman

What a good Eeveelution for Modest type? I'm thinking Espeon or Umbreon...

Also Vaporeon was big on special defense?

Flareon and Leafeon were Attack i'm sure, but how to get Leafeon in Y?

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, + Attk/-Spd because the Attk/Sp. Attk and Def/Sp. Def flip based on Aegislash's stance.

I don't know how to calculate IVs off a freshly hatched Pokemon, though.

Don't think we can in Gen VI yet, I'd assume we'd need a comprehensive list of base stats first.

Magnus

So do some pokemon not like any kind of pokepuffs? I can't get my greninja to eat anything.

So, I thought I was fucking up with puff choice too. My Eevee was pouting every time I gave it one. Then I realized I had to hold the damn thing in front of their face for them to eat it. I was just letting go and having it drop to the ground. Maybe that's what's happening with you too? Or maybe I'm the only idiot. LOL.

Every 255 steps, there's a chance an egg will appear. What that chance is depends on how well the pokemon get along. Ask the person outside the daycare if the pokemon are compatible.

Cool. Thought it'd be way more than that

Man, my Ralts is so fragile. I've been trying to train the little guy and he keeps getting ripped apart.

Yeah, Ralts' stats are bad. It wasn't until it hit 35 as Gardevoir that I started finding it useful. Now that it knows Psychic it's a beast

Give it the lucky egg (got it in 4th gym town) to speed things up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sp bow do I evolve Evee into Sylveon?

It has to have a fairy-type move and 2 hearts in Pokemon Amie, then you level it up. I think you can catch them at around 19 with baby-doll eyes, and it also learns charm at level 29. Not sure when they learn baby-doll eyes when you hatch them, but I'd imagine sometime fairly early.

Neiteio

Since Honedge starts in Shield mode, wouldn't it be best to give him a +Def nature since that's the stat that will swap with Atk when he switches forms?
Hmm, you might be right. Maybe a Relaxed Honedge is what I need (+Def, - Spd). Assuming the physical stats swap with the physical stats and the special stats swap with the special stats.

Gsnap

Have you fed him previously? I think they get full and stop eating them. Try playing a mini game or two then feeding poke buffs again.

I've never once seen his fullness meter go up. It's always blank. When I give him a pokepuff he either shudders or shakes his hand at it. there's no indication that he's eating them at all.

Hmm, you might be right. Maybe a Relaxed Honedge is what I need (+Def, - Spd). Assuming the physical stats swap with the physical stats and the special stats swap with the special stats.

It swaps base stats, not actual stats. So if you give it a Relaxed nature it'll just have a boosted Def even when he swaps stats.

Caladrius

It'll swap the base stat, not the EV and nature boost. Blade form is still going to die horribly if it gets spit on.

I'm doing random free battles just to mess around, and damn, no one knows how to counter Aegislash effectively. My un-EV'd, deficient nature'd Aegislash is wrecking fools who can't figure out how to take him on. With a good moveset and leftovers he can wall like nothing else.

If you can figure out how to use his ability you can attack and change back into shield form without having a single point of vulnerability in blade form.

Definitely going to be a mainstay on my team once I get an optimized honedge.

I feel sorry for all those kids your beating.

Gsnap

So, I thought I was fucking up with puff choice too. My Eevee was pouting every time I gave it one. Then I realized I had to hold the damn thing in front of their face for them to eat it. I was just letting go and having it drop to the ground. Maybe that's what's happening with you too? Or maybe I'm the only idiot. LOL.

Yes! That's exactly the problem. I've been trying to figure this out since I started the game. haha.

Thanks!

Azure J

What a good Eeveelution for Modest type? I'm thinking Espeon or Umbreon...

Also Vaporeon was big on special defense?

Flareon and Leafeon were Attack i'm sure, but how to get Leafeon in Y?

Modest is all Espeon and Jolteon turf.

Yeah, Ralts' stats are bad. It wasn't until it hit 35 as Gardevoir that I started finding it useful. Now that it knows Psychic it's a beast

Give it the lucky egg (got it in 4th gym town) to speed things up.

It's funny to me though, I wonder if I got lucky with my Ralts (traded from Japan at Lv. 1 with Modest). It completely solo'd Korrina's gym as a Kirlia and it was fairly underleveled coming in (only hitting Lv. 30 and evolving on the trainer right before the Gym Battle). It pretty much one shot everything with Confusion. Yes, Confusion.

Atlantis

Back from vacation so I finally get to start this! Did a bit of resetting and was lucky enough to get a Timid female Fennekin fairly quickly.

Probably going to take the time to unlock some Super Training levels before I start really diving in.

DMG-01

I just checked with mine:

Shield form:

HP: 188
AT: 103
DF: 234
SA: 99
SD: 247
SP: 115

Sword form:

AT: 225
DF: 98
SA: 235
SD: 97

So it's not actually a straight-up swap as I thought it was. Huh.

Edit: Haha, it looks like I was beaten and with the actual explanation while I was checking the stats.

Magnus

Totally just spamming wonder trade while I watch Agents of Shield. Some really interesting Pokémon coming in. I love this.

Edit- Farfetch'd!

Yes! That's exactly the problem. I've been trying to figure this out since I started the game. haha.

Thanks!

Hahahaha, awesome. Glad to help.

Neiteio

It swaps base stats, not actual stats. So if you give it a Relaxed nature it'll just have a boosted Def even when he swaps stats.

Don't only the base stats swap?

It'll swap the base stat, not the EV and nature boost. Blade form is still going to die horribly if it gets spit on.

I just checked with mine:

Shield form:

AT: 103
DF: 234
SA: 99
SD: 247

Sword form:

AT: 225
DF: 98
SA: 235
SD: 97

So it's not actually a straight-up swap as I thought it was. Huh.

Edit: Haha, it looks like I was beaten and with the actual explanation while I was checking the stats.
So I should stick with raising a Brave Honedge, correct? And pump 252 EVs into Attack and 252 EVs into Defense? (I'm going pure physical attacks)

ugoo18

Just hatched a shellder, does it matter if i EV train it now or i evolve it into a Cloyster first?

Also if i do EV train Shellder should i evolve it straight after or wait till a certain level?

Azure J

You all talking about Aegislash reminded me that I still haven't attempted to set one up. Fuckkkkkk, I'm going to get lost in the breeding vortex when I find some Dittos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom