• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I am more or less sticking to my dream of being a main-game dragon trainer. Going to find a skrelp since I apparently missed it to get it ready for the elite four.

Currently rocking a Tyrantrum, a shiny Flygon (heheheh), and a Sliggo for the dragn parts. Pangoro, Chesnaught and Ageislash fill out the rest.

Agieslash could be my new favorite thing ever.

I freaking LOVE Tyrantrum! Mine has Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Crunch and Dragon Claw. He rips EVERYTHING apart!

He is quite the beast.

Phailzon

Neo Member
I'm doing random free battles just to mess around, and damn, no one knows how to counter Aegislash effectively. My un-EV'd, deficient nature'd Aegislash is wrecking fools who can't figure out how to take him on. With a good moveset and leftovers he can wall like nothing else.

If you can figure out how to use his ability you can attack and change back into shield form without having a single point of vulnerability in blade form.

Definitely going to be a mainstay on my team once I get an optimized honedge.

McNum

Huh, Pokemon-Amie is actually pretty useful when you get a pokemon to a high affection level. And cute. Can't forget how cute it is.

So, if I get it right, you can do a loop and basically build affection from 0 to max pretty fast.

The loop being:
1. Pet your pokemon until it says *Musical Note*
2. Play minigames with your pokemon. 3-4 games is good.
3. Feed 3-4 Puffs to your pokemon.
4. Repeat from step 1.

The way this works is that petting it raises affection, but lowers enjoyment. Playing minigames increases enjoyment, but makes the pokemon hungry. Feeding it makes it happy and lets you pet it again. And you'll have all the puffs you can ever need since you get 9-12 from the minigame, but only use 3-4 per loop.

And it even has an effect in battle. So, yeah. going to have to spend some time raising affection level with my most used pokemon. It's also really cute.

Bento

So is the starting Pokemon something I should put a lot of thought into our just go by which one I think is cuter? :p Have not played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue >_<

Milennia

Huh, Pokemon-Amie is actually pretty useful when you get a pokemon to a high affection level. And cute. Can't forget how cute it is.

So, if I get it right, you can do a loop and basically build affection from 0 to max pretty fast.

The loop being:
4. Repeat from step 1.

The way this works is that petting it raises affection, but lowers enjoyment. Playing minigames increases enjoyment, but makes the pokemon hungry. Feeding it makes it happy and lets you pet it again. And you'll have all the puffs you can ever need since you get 9-12 from the minigame, but only use 3-4 per loop.

And it even has an effect in battle. So, yeah. going to have to spend some time raising affection level with my most used pokemon. It's also really cute.

The effect in battle is amazing... My sylveon crit almost 60% of the time in the elite four due to affection, as well as dodged many abilities and survived at 1 health.

ffdgh

The loop being:
4. Repeat from step 1.

Play the endless mode of the yarn game and lose on purpose to really speed things up.

Effects of max affection I've noticed are.

Boosted exp
Suriving with one hp occasionally
Pokemon getting rid of bad status effects occasionly
Dodging attacks
Extra damage

Being able to pet them after they beat a Pokemon by rubbing the touch screen.

Jintor

Play the endless mode of the yarn game and lose on purpose to really speed things up.

I would do this, but I'm fucking addicted to hard mode puzzle swap with the constantly changing backgrounds. Ugh so good.

If they had just stuck wario ware Pokemon Edition in here I would also have been satisfied. These minigames ugh so good

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I got a level 1 Ralts (obviously a hatched egg) with a modest nature from wonder trade. That, and a helioptile with a modest nature, too. I'm pretty happy

Elija2

A weird thing you can do in the GTS is deposit a Pokemon and ask for any word in return and it will actually work. I'm not sure what Pokemon I'll get back when I say I'm looking for a "pretzel" but I'm too scared to find out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My hands hurt from playing this so much.

This seems nitpicky but I dislike how the music cuts out when someone levels up. It bugs the hell out of me, especially with exp. share sometimes having 3-4 rapidfire levels.

Magnus

Yay WonderTrade! Sent some junk out into the wild (and some good ones - including Y-exclusives) and got Pupitar, Eevee, Ralts, Axew, Bagons and more.

You wouldn't happen to find the Amulet Coin in the Battle Chateau would you?

Does the Lucky Incense function the same way? It's description is the same...and it can be bought for just under $10k. I bought one, already paid dividends.

Magnus

So is the starting Pokemon something I should put a lot of thought into our just go by which one I think is cuter? :p Have not played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue >_<

Follow your heart; you'll be happier in the end. But then, once you can breed some of your starter's offspring, you'll be able to trade those for the others.

Symphonic

Safari opens up at endgame right? Pretty crazy that you can get starters that way.

Just blew 100k on a shirt, fml

Oh and fighting a 3v3 with Golurk,
Greninja
and Charizard has been the highlight of the game so far for me. Just seeing them all battle in full 3D was so awesome.

Azure J

Man, my Ralts is so fragile. I've been trying to train the little guy and he keeps getting ripped apart.

Super train it first then leave him in the back with EXP All turned on.

Easy money experience, easy life.

With that said, holy shit why did I completely forget how monstrous Gardevoir could get over time? 205 Sp. Attack at level 53 is amazeballs and the new additional Fairy typing just lets her wreck so much more shit. I need an official movepool to leak so I can attempt running something devious.

McNum

Effects of max affection I've noticed are.

Boosted exp
Suriving with one hp occasionally
Pokemon getting rid of bad status effects occasionly
Dodging attacks
Extra damage

Being able to pet them after they beat a Pokemon by rubbing the touch screen.
Hold on... that last one. You can pet them in battle when they take out an opponent?

Awesome. If I may make this comparison, it suddenly makes the game a bit more like the show. The games have all talked the talk about how friendship makes your pokemon stronger, but until X and Y, it hasn't really been true, except for certain moves. But now? Friendship is a power to be reckoned with. And just like when Ash tells Pikachu to not give up after it takes a beating, we can make our Pokemon take a hit they really shouldn't be able to.

This might be the best new addition to the series. And I'd been ignoring it for the first 5 gyms. Well, tomorrow, Lucario is getting its fill of bellyrubs. Who's a good kung-fu steel dog? You are! Yes you are!

Neiteio

I'm going to hatch some Brave Honedges. How do I determine their IVs once they're hatched? And what IVs should I be looking for? (I'm not clear on how IVs work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom