• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this bullshit and how do I fix it? Over half the time when I try to trade via GTS:

z7ou.jpg

Teknoman

Modest is all Espeon and Jolteon turf.

Ah cool. So is Espeon still max happy, evolve in the day?

EDIT: Someone is an evil trainer. They have "Meatspin.com?" as their profile comment. Its someone I saw through Wonder Trade, not a GAF or irl friend of course.

Magnus

Oh shit! That communication error that just occurred cost me my Pokémon I was trying to deposit into the wonder trade. It's gone and I don't have one in return. :(

Revven

E4 beaten! Onto post-game stuff I guess. Champion was one of the easiest champions I've ever faced though, despite even having an all fire-type team :lol

Neiteio

I did 252 attack 252 HP and 4 defence.
Hmm, is it really best to invest EVs in Honedge's HP instead of his Defense? I'm conflicted.

Also, just to make sure, Brave Honedge is the right choice, correct? Since Aegislash's Stance Change swaps base stats.

Is it with a Japanese person you tried to trade?

I managed to trade with a Mexican without a hitch. It seems to happen when I try to go for a Japanese Person to trade.

I might have been. I'm going to try and avoid them and see what happens. This needs some kind of fix or something though as it's not avoidable in Wonder Trade.

Cbajd5

What is this bullshit and how do I fix it? Over half the time when I try to trade via GTS:

z7ou.jpg

Press the POWER Button and end the game, duh.

It's because of a problem with the network, either on your end or their end. The PGL maintenance might have something to do with it. Happened to me last night when I tried to Wonder Trade.

EDIT: I've traded with Japanese people successfully, so I don't think it's that.

DaBoss

I might have been. I'm going to try and avoid them and see what happens. This needs some kind of fix or something though as it's not avoidable in Wonder Trade.

I could trade with anybody in Wonder Trade, including Japanese people.

I just traded with a Brazilian and had no problem. I wonder what's up with that issue. Gonna try and trade with a Japanese person and see if it happens again.

Press the POWER Button and end the game, duh.

It's because of a problem with the network, either on your end or their end. The PGL maintenance might have something to do with it. Happened to me last night when I tried to Wonder Trade.

EDIT: I've traded with Japanese people successfully, so I don't think it's that.

Oh really? Through GTS?

I just tried to trade with a Korean and it didn't work. I live in Canada so yea.

EDIT: Just happened again with a Japanese person.

I'm also suddenly a little upset that I didn't try for a Modest Froakie to turn it into Greninja and abuse more of its Sp. Attacking set. I'd then raise a Ferrothorn and replace Venusaur with it so my team would have a good wall/slow power hitter and be more balanced than 3 high speed high special attackers and 3 high speed hard physical attackers. :p

Can anyone confirm if
there is an actual in-game method to getting the "hidden" abilities of Pokemon without anything elaborate? I need a Greninja with Protean like NOW.

Water Friend Safari. Rare as hell.

Ozone

Wonder Trade finally did something cool! Someone traded a Phantump, which immediately evolved on me.

I need to do that to someone in the future.

SGRemy

I'm also suddenly a little upset that I didn't try for a Modest Froakie to turn it into Greninja and abuse more of its Sp. Attacking set. I'd then raise a Ferrothorn and replace Venusaur with it so my team would have a good wall/slow power hitter and be more balanced than 3 high speed high special attackers and 3 high speed hard physical attackers. :p

Can anyone confirm if
there is an actual in-game method to getting the "hidden" abilities of Pokemon without anything elaborate? I need a Greninja with Protean like NOW.

i might be able to get a frogadier with protean...i have a friend with the frog in their SZ

EDIT: i managed to catch a frogadier with protean if you wanna trade

mandiller

Does anyone have a female gible with rough skin? I think they can be found in the friend safari but I'm not up to that yet. I'd really like one for breeding. My friend code is: 2277-6655-8439

i might be able to get a frogadier with protean...i have a friend with the frog in their SZ

EDIT: i managed to catch a frogadier with protean if you wanna trade

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is is female? Can you breed it's hidden ability off to another female plz? ALL OF MY POKES.

Magnus

Has anyone found any other areas in the field where you can turn 3-D on outside of battle?

So far, I've only found that it works inside the Poke ball factory.

Blasty

Does anyone have a bergmite, lavitar, or beldum?

I can trade you these for them:

Charmander
Chespin
Froakie
Fennekin
Clauncher

pariah164

Anyone have a foreign Ditto for a girl in the States? I'm looking on the GTS, and it seems like everyone wants a Xerneas or a Yvietal and I'm just like 'lol nope'.

Pretty good news here. Pokemon XY sold 4 million copies in 2 days.

The company announced on Tuesday that Pokémon X/Y for the 3DS sold an impressive 4 million copies worldwide during its first 48 hours of availability.

“The early response to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y not only reaffirms the ongoing passion of Pokémon fans, but also indicates that an entirely new generation of gamers is eager to experience the franchise for itself,” Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said in a statement.

Cbajd5

Oh really? Through GTS?

I just tried to trade with a Korean and it didn't work. I live in Canada so yea.

EDIT: Just happened again with a Japanese person.

Yeah, it's how I got a Japanese Ditto for my American Ditto.

EDIT: Although to be exact I put up my Ditto (for a Ditto) and got a Japanese one in return.

Regiruler

I just checked with mine:

Shield form:

HP: 188
AT: 103
DF: 234
SA: 99
SD: 247
SP: 115

Sword form:

HP: 188
AT: 225
DF: 98
SA: 235
SD: 97
SP: 115

So it's not actually a straight-up swap as I thought it was. Huh.

Edit: Haha, it looks like I was beaten and with the actual explanation while I was checking the stats.

So Aegislash does have a better special DEF stat. Super Training redeemed.

jman2050

Okay so Mega Blaziken is absolutely frightening. As is Mega Blastoise for that matter.

It seems like even with the lost item slot they're ending up as overpowered as I had hoped.

Bullza2o

Wow Wonder Trade is so addicting! I got a Ditto, Haunter (Gengar), Fennekin, Charmander, and a bunch of other Pokemons I haven't seen yet!

Gsnap

Pretty good news here. Pokemon XY sold 4 million copies in 2 days.

The company announced on Tuesday that Pokémon X/Y for the 3DS sold an impressive 4 million copies worldwide during its first 48 hours of availability.

“The early response to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y not only reaffirms the ongoing passion of Pokémon fans, but also indicates that an entirely new generation of gamers is eager to experience the franchise for itself,” Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said in a statement.

And well deserved. Best pokemon game since Gold/Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom