• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Yes to Krabby and Geodude.
Shinx in the B
attle Masion
Thanks for the Frogadier Remy! :)

So I missed out?

gbd795e4b.png

Beats

What's the friend safari exactly? I'm only a little bit past the fifth gym, but I haven't encountered it yet. Reading through the thread makes it sound amazing.

yami4ct

Man, I haven't seriously tried to build a team since the beginning of gen IV. Forgot how stressful it can be. Need some advice. This is the team I sort of threw together from the pokemon I found and was able to breed/EV up correctly. Haven't thought it out fully. Need advice for tweaking it, and choosing a 5th and 6th member.

Ferrothorn (Relaxed):physical wall and stealth rock user. Can also be used as a secondary special wall. Like most thorn builds, I sort of intend him to get in on the opponents bulkier pokemon and slowly wear them down.

Aeigslash (Sassy): Secondary sweeper. Just general annoyance due to high defense and unique typing. Can either sweep if given proper setup time or just be a good hit and run with King's Shield

Mega Blaziken (Jolly):My mega I'm currently running. Might switch out with my already trained up Scizor come december. Typical Blaze build. Major sweeper.

Sylveon:Main special wall and dragon killer. She's worked great for me so far. Moonblast is a beast and Draining Kiss gives her a decent attack so far. Think I'll build one with Wish eventually and switch out Draining for something that gives her better coverage.

Main threats I've already IDed: Fire (no good way to deal with it besides hope my Blaziken can wear it down enough to take care of them). Fairy (again, no good counter in my group).

So yeah, that's what I've got so far. I don't really intend to be super competitive. Just good enough to have some fun online. Haven't done this in forever, so any help would be amazing.

DMG-01

Added everyone on this page. Mine is 2062-9351-1313
2208 - 4893 - 0270

Need a few more friends for Safari! PM if you add me. Will be working on breeding Kanto starters soon.

Added people for the new safari zone.

FC: 4184-2302-3049

oh, i didnt know there was a document to add friend codes. ill add mine right away

but mine is:

3668-8160-1785

Leaving my FC here:

2723-9643-8613

I'll add others as well!

My trainer's name is: earvcunanan

Added. Quote for FC. 4339-2494-8201

trixx

definitely need some people for friend safari please leave a pm if you add me and send me yours:

Also what is there post game? I've been doing wi-fi battles and battle maison.

I'm thinking of doing iv, ev and breeding but i don't fully understand it and would it be better to just super train than ev train.
I'm good at the game(making use of various skills+abilities) but i've honestly never undertood the metagame well

Heres my FC by the way:
1993-8047-2814

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I haven't seriously tried to build a team since the beginning of gen IV. Forgot how stressful it can be. Need some advice. This is the team I sort of threw together from the pokemon I found and was able to breed/EV up correctly. Haven't thought it out fully. Need advice for tweaking it, and choosing a 5th and 6th member.

Ferrothorn (Relaxed):physical wall and stealth rock user. Can also be used as a secondary special wall. Like most thorn builds, I sort of intend him to get in on the opponents bulkier pokemon and slowly wear them down.

Aeigslash (Sassy): Secondary sweeper. Just general annoyance due to high defense and unique typing. Can either sweep if given proper setup time or just be a good hit and run with King's Shield

Mega Blaziken (Jolly):My mega I'm currently running. Might switch out with my already trained up Scizor come december. Typical Blaze build. Major sweeper.

Sylveon:Main special wall and dragon killer. She's worked great for me so far. Moonblast is a beast and Draining Kiss gives her a decent attack so far. Think I'll build one with Wish eventually and switch out Draining for something that gives her better coverage.

Main threats I've already IDed: Fire (no good way to deal with it besides hope my Blaziken can wear it down enough to take care of them). Fairy (again, no good counter in my group).

So yeah, that's what I've got so far. I don't really intend to be super competitive. Just good enough to have some fun online. Haven't done this in forever, so any help would be amazing.

Uh, for fairy just give your ferrothorn a steel move?

Shoyz

Does anybody know if for the Masuda Method, is a Pokemon foreign based on its language or the trainer's region?

I got a Spanish 'SPA' Ditto but I'm not sure if it would be foreign because it's Spanish, or if it would count as a US ditto if the trainer was from the US.

pariah164

Does anybody know if for the Masuda Method, is a Pokemon foreign based on its language or the trainer's region?

I got a Spanish Ditto but I'm not sure if it would be foreign because it's Spanish, or if it would count as a US ditto if the trainer was from the US.
Trainer's region. There should be a little plate next to the pokemon's name saying if it's from a different region or not.

Might want a bulky water in that case. Also, team seems a bit atk focused, might want a special sweeper or at least a special choiced revenge killer.

yami4ct

Uh, for fairy just give your ferrothorn a steel move?

That's definitely what I was thinking, haha. Just not sure how to fit it in or what to use. Current build is Stealth Rock, Power Whip, Gyro Ball and Leach Seed. My main thought would be to dump leach, but that takes out some of my ability to wear down bigger pokemon.

Honestly, I'm pretty terrible at this as I've never done it in so long, so I'm definitely missing a lot of bigger problems.

Shoyz

Trainer's region. There should be a little plate next to the pokemon's name saying if it's from a different region or not.

But isn't that language? Like 'ENG'. I'm playing on a Japanese cartridge on English and none of my Pokemon should say JPN..I think.

If anyone wants some random Canadian dude for friend safari/sending or receiving O powers/random battles/another sprite head to look at on their touch screen, feel free to add me, just hit me up with a PM and your friend code if you do.
2694-8778-1748
Also if anyone is feeling really generous and can hook me up with a Shellder I will be eternally grateful.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's definitely what I was thinking, haha. Just not sure how to fit it in or what to use. Current build is Stealth Rock, Power Whip, Gyro Ball and Leach Seed. My main thought would be to dump leach, but that takes out some of my ability to wear down bigger pokemon.

Honestly, I'm pretty terrible at this as I've never done it in so long, so I'm definitely missing a lot of bigger problems.

Oh man, I forgot that you can teach aegislash iron head.

yami4ct

Might want a bulky water in that case. Also, team seems a bit atk focused, might want a special sweeper or at least a special choiced revenge killer.

Matches my initial feelings for sure. Not really familiar with what pokemon fit what roles really well now, so what should I be looking at? Would definitely prefer something I don't have to wait until december to grab. A bulky water and special sweeper would round out my team quite well I think.

Azure J

Can someone please explain to me how 3DS friend codes work when you have two people using the same system? My brother just got his Y version and I'm hearing that because I gave his FC out, my game is "linked" to this system with no chance of exchange. Fact or no?

Can anyone clarify this?

Might as well add my FC while I'm here. It's 1349-5765-1812. I'll try to add to my list later on, but go ahead and PM. Is there a limit on friends lists?

Not very far yet, and don't have much to trade. I'm hoping to get lucky on Wonder Trade with a Dratini.

I was worried about how oppressive the chit-chat would be in this, but it's rather breezy.

I was even more worried about spectacackle in combat (especially with the trainer focus), but it's extremely flashy and fast, the BEST kind of JPRG presentation!

Korosenai

So earlier in the thread I asked when to evolve to Aegislash, and people said wait til level 51 for Sacred Sword (i think). Could I not just evolve Doublade to Aegislash at level 35 and then use the move relearner to teach Aegislash Sacred Sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom