• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

I've only ever had two real Pokemon games: FireRed and HeartGold (hoping to get X when I get a 3DS) and between the more than 300 hours I put into both of those games, I've never seen a Shiny in the wild.

Ever.

I'll always feel like the only guy who likes Druddigon.

No, my brother. There are others!

x0zu9o1.jpg

yami4ct

Got a Jolly Gabite with 31 IVs in Attack from Friend Safari.

Fun! I love when you randomly catch great IV pokemon. My 30 ark/30 speed IV Scyther is one of my favorite pokemon I've ever gotten.

Ok guys, I'm officially overwhelmed. If anyone wants to throw out a good, 5th gen available bulky water and a special sweeper I can use to fill my last slots, I'll be eternally grateful. Competitive pokemon sites are unreadable for those only semi-familar with the game.

Where do you go to check someone's safari?
Are you post game?
Go to the
Lumiose train station which will take you to Kilode? City. The Friend Safari is the farthest building upper right.
How do you know what the IVs are?
The text and the fact Friend Safari Pokemon are guaranteed 31 IVs in two Stats.
These usually signify 31 IVs.
Likes to Thrash About-Attack
Capable of Taking Hits-Defense
Mischievous-Special Attack
Somewhat Vain-Special Deffense
Alert to Sounds-Speed
Often Dozes Off/Takes Plenty of Siestas-HP

Fedelias

Quick question guys. I'm planning on getting X this weekend and my friend already got Y last weekend. He just got the Y legendary, and is willing to trade it for the gen 1 starter I choose. Is it worth it?

Regiruler

Quick question guys. I'm planning on getting X this weekend and my friend already got Y last weekend. He just got the Y legendary, and is willing to trade it for the gen 1 starter I choose. Is it worth it?

I'd say yes as it's easier to get more of the starters than it is to get a legendary.
Holy shit, you can buy evolution stones again? THANK YOU GAMEFREAK.

The single thing I missed most from Gen 1. There aren't any catches are there?
Being bloody expensive.

EDIT: While looking at a song I linked to I saw the champion name. GODDAMNIT

Kyle

Super Training is amazing, it actually tells you when you hit 252 points in an EV... Don't need to keep track of every point you get.

Pokemon X & Y for best generation.

DMG-01

Super Training is amazing, it actually tells you when you hit 252 points in an EV... Don't need to keep track of every point you get.

Pokemon X & Y for best generation.

Wait, 252 or 255? Because the former is a megaton, while the latter is just eh.

OceanBlue

Holy shit, you can buy evolution stones again? THANK YOU GAMEFREAK.

The single thing I missed most from Gen 1. There aren't any catches are there?

Wait, can you? I don't know if you can buy Thunder Stones, but you can definitely buy Water Stones. Lol shit, sorry if I'm wrong.

ARGH, how do you guys stand to constantly breed pokemon. I've been breeding Gibles for a day now, and I still cant get a Jolly natured one.

Either way, once again if anyone wants a gible i have many.

The Lamp

Ditto's hidden ability is impostor, which allows it to copy the stats of a pokemon as soon as ditto enters battle. That+ Choice scarf=dead.

Why does the Ditto need to be low level? If it just copies stats why does the Ditto's level matter? And what kind of moves would you even teach the Ditto...

Shoyz

Ah, that explains all the 21-30 ditto trades in the GTS.
Is there a list anywhere of Safari-exclusive catches? I grabbed Larvesta and Petilil for the moment.

DMG-01

It stops putting points in at 252, so you know when you're maxed out when you don't get any more points from the mini games.

I can confirm that super training "maxes out" a stat at 252. It's amazing. Makes keeping track of numbers so much easier.

That's so... excuse me, I have dust in my eyes.

Ditto's hidden ability is impostor, which allows it to copy the stats of a pokemon as soon as ditto enters battle. That+ Choice scarf=dead.

Oh sweet, I forgot about FS Ditto having his hidden ability!

For those of you who have/are building teams. What is an example of a balanced team in terms of attackers, tanks, etc? I know that this is a pretty open ended question, but most of my team right now seem to be high attack/sattack and speed focused. Kind of want to balance it out.

Kyle

I can confirm that super training "maxes out" a stat at 252. It's amazing. Makes keeping track of numbers so much easier.

Yes 252, even if you use a bag that say, gives +4 it'll only give you the +# left to reach the total 252.

I am not expert EV trainer or anything, so for people like me who just want to give their favorite pokemon a bit of a boost this makes it much much easier to understand EV training.

ramyeon

Anyone know some good level up spots before the E4? I've got a few pokemon in their low 50s who I wanna get to at least 60 before taking on Victory Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom