• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I could have sworn both were able to but I'm not sure.

Hmm, so if I have a female larvesta now from the safari, if I breed it now with a poke that has lower ivs, does the better ice get passed down?

Can't believ. I'm getting into pokemon breeding now.

braves01

Banned
Is there a habitat list hidden away somewhere in the pokedex or did they foolishly get rid of it? And how do I search GTS for Pokemon I havent seen yet?

Azure J

Fun! I love when you randomly catch great IV pokemon. My 30 ark/30 speed IV Scyther is one of my favorite pokemon I've ever gotten.

Ok guys, I'm officially overwhelmed. If anyone wants to throw out a good, 5th gen available bulky water and a special sweeper I can use to fill my last slots, I'll be eternally grateful. Competitive pokemon sites are unreadable for those only semi-familar with the game.

5th gen waters? Jellicent and (though not Gen 5 specific), Milotic come to mind first. Try Hydreigon for a special sweeper. You could also go Jolteon for a monstrously fast special sweeper of the electric variety. Just remember to not be stupid like me and wait for the Eevee to learn Baton Pass before making it evolve...

g19b790bb.png

Is there a habitat list hidden away somewhere in the pokedex or did they foolishly get rid of it? And how do I search GTS for Pokemon I havent seen yet?

Can't answer the first part of your question, but in the GTS list when you're searching for Pokemon, scroll to the bottom below the letter Z and there should be a "What Pokemon?" option and you can type the name in there manually.

Regiruler

Loving Dazzling Gleam on Sigilyph. I'm able to one-shot pokemon that would normally resist me and then kill me with their typing. It's great.

Moveset if anyone is interested:
Dazzling Gleam
Light Screen (a lot of my team is physically oriented so this is support for them)
Psychic
Air Slash

Sporting a modest nature with overall-solid IVs.

yami4ct

Alright, Chandelure seems like it might be a fun special attacker to fill that role on my team. Only want to add a bulky water to balance things out. I have experience with Rotom-W from my old competitive team, but not sure it fills that role well. Anyone got any good suggestions?

I forgot that it takes a real long time for eggs to hatch. Right now I'm trying to stock up on Finnekin's, Froakie's, and Bulbasaur's for trades. Most people on these global trades just want a starter so it's pretty easy to trade.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP!!! Wonder Trade is a random trade!? I just gave away a Finnekin for a Cubone! They didn't even tell me what I was doing, just enter a Pokemon. Ugh, I'm so gald I have way more Finnekin's, but I'm still mad.

Azure J

Here's something amusing regarding the games. On the menu screen of the 3DS, each version of the game has its own jingle. It's a version exclusive variation of the main Pokemon theme.

yami4ct

5th gen waters? Jellicent and (though not Gen 5 specific), Milotic come to mind first. Try Hydreigon for a special sweeper. You could also go Jolteon for a monstrously fast special sweeper of the electric variety. Just remember to not be stupid like me and wait for the Eevee to learn Baton Pass before making it evolve...

g19b790bb.png

I meant 6th gen. Haha. Jolteon sounds fun for having two Eeveelution. That electric could really help as well. Totally forgot about Milotic being a bulky water, but doesn't seem like she's available yet in Gen VI. Might transfer one over in december. Same with Jellicant. Hmmm. May have to do some more hunting.

Kyle

I forgot that it takes a real long time for eggs to hatch. Right now I'm trying to stock up on Finnekin's, Froakie's, and Bulbasaur's for trades. Most people on these global trades just want a starter so it's pretty easy to trade.

Fletchinder has Flame Body, helped me hatch a bunch of babies real quick.

Trike

Here is how you have a great time in this game.

1. You and a friend catch or have six random Pokemon.

2. Wonder trade until you both have either six new/unique Pokemon.

3. Battle using only those Pokemon.

Ravidrath

Saddest moment in X/Y?

Found a shiny Hippopotas and my last weakening attack critted.

I don't really like Hippopotas, but losing a shiny is terrible.

Keyouta

EDIT: HOLY CRAP!!! Wonder Trade is a random trade!? I just gave away a Finnekin for a Cubone! They didn't even tell me what I was doing, just enter a Pokemon. Ugh, I'm so gald I have way more Finnekin's, but I'm still mad.
That's awesome though! I gave away a whole box of froakies on wonder trade. Feels good.

Caladrius

Why does the Ditto need to be low level? If it just copies stats why does the Ditto's level matter? And what kind of moves would you even teach the Ditto...

It doesn't need to be any level. I never said anything about the level being important. The FS ditto would have its hidden ability and that's what distinguishes it from regular ditto. The ditto doesn't need any moves either. It copies the moveset of the pokemon when it transforms.

njean777

How do people get the other starters? I always wondered this, do you trade for them and then breed? Or is there some other way I am missing?

Kyle

How did I not know this? Would have saved me so much time during my eevee farming.

Haha yeah I just was randomly looking through my box and noticed it, dumb luck on my part but happy to share the info.

I bred a ton of eevee and sent them out over wonder trade, this is what I got in return:
Honedge
Flabebe
Bunnelby named Roger
Flabebe from Japan
Charmander
Weepinbell
Female Ralts from Japan
Furfrou
Another Female Ralts from Japan
DAT Roggenrola

Wonder Trade is for the lulz

Hawlucha is the greatest pokemon on Earth. If only he had a Mega...

That being said, how exactly is Flying Press calculated? Does he get 2 1.5x multipliers, one for flying and one for fighting?

gogojira

Hate to pull a drive by posting but holy shit I think I may actually buy this Pokemon. Twitter is buzzing with it and a lot of people who haven't played in ages are getting back into it. Here's to hoping my gap from Blue to this is worth it. :D

I need to decide which version though ... probably the one with the black and blue Charizard because it looks cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom