• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Finally evolved my Blaziken. Dear lord, now I understand why this thing's so deadly. I don't even have his full movepool and he's a beast. Almost so powerful he's not fun to use. Almost. Going to make a great centerpiece for my team, at least until I can bring up my Scizor from White.

Growlie19

Elite 4 and Champion are down! It was disappointingly easy. I was hoping for a Platinum-esque challenge. Oh well. Here's the hall of famers:

Greninja (Shinobi) with Surf, Ice Beam, Spikes, and Extrasensory.
Raichu (Sparky) with Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Dig, and Strength.
Charizard (Drake) with Flamethrower, Fly, Shadow Claw, and Dragon Claw.
Gogoat (Mountaineer) with Return, Earthquake, Leaf Blade, and Milk Drink.
Florges (Pixie Dust) with Calm Mind, Moonblast, Petal Dance, and Aromatherapy.
Dragalge (Kelpie) with Sludge Bomb, Surf, Dragon Pulse, and Thunderbolt.

Overall, this was a very fun game, probably my favorite in the series so far. Can't wait for the aftergame.

Fun fact: my in-game team defeated a legendary only user online.

Kyle

Max out affection with Pokemon Ami and make sure it has a Fairy move (Baby Doll Eyes) then let it evolve. Some people say max out everything in Ami but that wasn't the case for me. Make sure to get a save before hand though in case you end up with Espeon/Umbreon

Is Baby Doll Eyes a TM or a level up move? Also thanks

yami4ct

you can breed a eevee with charm, this worked for me. Love Sylveon, maxed him out in pkmnamie. Like the way he look at me in Battles xD

Sylveon is great. Probably my second favorite new pokemon after Aegislash. Fairy typing brings some really great offensive options, especially against the ever-present Dragon threat, and can wall specials like crazy. So much fun.

Fury Sense

check out what my friend just caught

B4rru23.jpg

he said it's modest nature. is that good?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This seems like a dumb question but I can't tell, is my pokemon still hitting the punching bag for Super Training if I don't have that screen showing on the bottom? I know the game said something about it being 1 hit per minute but I'm not sure if it has to be idling on that screen specifically.

teeny

That would be great! It might seem weird but nicknames just bug me.

My friend code is 3625-8639-2624

Mine is 4811-6932-4369.

Me too. Were you after a particular nature? I just checked the box and I actually only have four: Bold, Bashful, Gentle and Naughty all with Guts. Don't know if that's any good, was just after a shiny :)

EDIT: Sorry, I just stupidly traded the Gentle one.

Atram

Do I get to pick what stone I want through super secret training?

From serebii

The Troubles Keep On Coming: Wing Items
The Leaf Stone Cup Begins!: Leaf Stone
The Fire Stone Cup Begins!: Fire Stone
The Water Stone Cup Begins!: Water Stone
Follow Those Fleeing Goals!: Thunder Stone
Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half: Dusk Stone
An Opening of Lightning-Quick Attacks!: Shiny Stone
These Long Shots Are No Long Shot: Dawn Stone
Scatterbug Lugs Back: Wings
A Barrage of Bitbots: Wings
Drag Down Hydreigon: Moon Stone, Sun Stone
The Battle for the Best: Version X/Y: All of the above

Marjar

Banned
Man this game just completely rekindled my love for Pokemon.

The animations, art style, and writing just ooze so much charm and cuteness that it's really impossible to not fall in love with this game. This may be my personal GOTY.

yami4ct

My favorite part of Wonder Trade is seeing what other people nickname their pokemon. I end up keeping a lot of trash pokes because they have awesome nicknames. One guy sent me a Pidgey named "Ace" that became my default flyer, haha. My favorite one so far has to be the Hawlucha someone had named "Juan Pablo". That gave me a great laugh.

Though the guy that sent me a Bidoof named "Haha" is a dick.

My favorite part of Wonder Trade is seeing what other people nickname their pokemon. I end up keeping a lot of trash pokes because they have awesome nicknames. One guy sent me a Pidgey named "Ace" that became my default flyer, haha. My favorite one so far has to be the Hawlucha someone had named "Juan Pablo". That gave me a great laugh.

Though the guy that sent me a Bidoof named "Haha" is a dick.
Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

Sorry. ;p

Sagitario

Is there any way to watch the attack and idle animations through the Pokédex or is that it?

It's one of the things I love about the Pokédex 3D Pro. The models are so well done and animated. Do you guys know if the XY models are based on the 3DS app? If not, it would be such a shame/waste. I wonder if the app will get an update with the Kalos monsters.

Aromatisse kicking a lot of ass. Learns Moon Blast earlier than Sylveon. Fairy is an excellent type.

Malamar taking a bit longer to pick up steam. Just evolved him by holding the 3DS upside down. Hope his moveset has some good physical attacks.

Meowstic sort of failed to impress at first, but she's proving to be a better psychic than Malamar is.

Is there any way to watch the attack and idle animations through the Pokédex or is that it?

I really feel everyone needs to know about Meowstic's
second pair of eyes
that only reveal themselves when it attacks.

Mine is 4811-6932-4369.

Me too. Were you after a particular nature? I just checked the box and I actually only have four: Bold, Bashful, Gentle and Naughty all with Guts. Don't know if that's any good, was just after a shiny :)

EDIT: Sorry, I just stupidly traded the Gentle one.

I'm not worried about natures right now. I might look into it later but for now I'm just trying to collect every pokemon I can.

Trade is greyed out when I click on your name, not sure why.

KHlover

Banned
I think my game timer is screwed up because it says I've played 33 hours and seeing as I didn't play at all yesterday I find that hard to believe.

Some people reported the clock to count even when your 3DS is closed. Doesn't seem to be the case for me, though. Left with 33h yesterday, woke up today with 33h.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom