• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

Okay so what's up with Aeigislash's ability? Seems like he just melts to moves when in blade form now.
Ability is a built-in Power Trick whenever you use King's Shield or an attack. High defensive stats swap with offensive ones in blade forme. Lets it tank a hit and then swing hard/setup because it'll probably be slower.

Jintor

Ability is a built-in Power Trick whenever you use King's Shield or an attack. High defensive stats swap with offensive ones in blade forme. Lets it tank a hit and then swing hard/setup because it'll probably be slower.

So what moves trigger shield mode? Or just sword dance up and then let loose?

Robin64

Friend Safari is amazing, though my rather large friend list still only has people with two Pokémon to catch. I'm assuming the third one appears when they beat the Elite 4, Serebii's site mentions something along those lines. But really looking forward to working through my entire friend list tonight and catching everything I lack.

Canon

Banned
I'm in some glittery cave which is completely in 3D, and why the hell isn't the whole game like this. It runs fine. It looks great, much better than in 2D. It's utterly stupid how some parts of the game are RANDOMLY 3D but not others.

Saprol

So what moves trigger shield mode? Or just sword dance up and then let loose?

Aegislash will always switch in as Shield Forme. The other option is to use King's Shield to reset yourself. Any damaging move will switch to Blade Forme. Something non-damaging like Swords Dance won't change your form.

vall03

I just ran from Vaniville, circling through the region ending in Snowbelle and still can't find a single area with rain. Fuck this shit, I'm really frustrated right now. Going to take a break for a few hours and play some other game in the meantime.

In case people don't know, eat at every part of each restaurant. You get to see a random pokemon from each part that you can now search for in GTS. Saw a Suicune. ^_~

Styles

I just ran from Vaniville, circling through the region ending in Snowbelle and still can't find a single area with rain. Fuck this shit, I'm really frustrated right now. Going to take a break for a few hours and play some other game in the meantime.

I know how you feel, it took me a long-ass time as well.

CassSept

Why does the first shiny I run into have to be in a Horde battle? ;-; Guys which one on the bottom screen corresponds with the top, and can I just throw a quick ball or do I have to kill the others first?

Hah, did you name your Doublade after a sword from WoW or is that a coincidence :D?

Tirod

Hah, did you name your Doublade after a sword from WoW or is that a coincidence :D?

Good eye! No coincidence at all. I let my sub lapse this expansion, but my main in-game is a Warlock, and in all my years of playing, The Turning Tide is my favorite caster sword weapon model. I use it in transmog when I can, but with the dagger and sword restrictions, I don't get to flaunt it as much as I'd like.

As soon as I saw Honedge, I knew what to call him right away.

Horde battles are garbage. One just took me 20 minutes because of Sturdy (or whatever the ability that prevents them from being one-hit is) and evasion/accuracy down spam. All the horde battles I've encountered have either been really easy or long and annoying with no real threat of losing.

I have no idea what anythings type is lol Didn't know you were picking 3 Pokemon Antiwhippy, that would have been a flawless victotry + fatality

wtf at that sword thing

ramyeon

jtU4LEZhrfeba.png

And that's a wrap. Feels good. The
Water
guy was the hardest for me to take down. I decided not to use my Arcanine at all, since he was way overleveled (92). So I stuck to my level 60-70 pokemon, which made it more of a challenge. Good that way. Now to find that Scizor megastone...

So I went to the PR video place...they have contact lenses...finally I can change my eye colour.

Aromatisse and Slurpuff are a reminder that evolve when traded w/hold item is a terrible concept.

I had one Spritzee w/sachet for Aromatisse offer on GTS up for 14 hours. Not traded. The etiquette is to do that to prevent someone doing the trade without the hold item. Of course they need to have evolved it first.

I've got a Slurpuff by getting rid of my ditto so can start this train rolling (good news is I don't need to use my Whipped Dream or Sachet now). I'll start with the Swirlix w/Whipped Dream trades then try to side step into Aromatisse.

ramyeon

Post game stuff...

How do you upgrade your mega ring? I heard you need that to search for the mega stones hidden around the place.

So I've been helping some people on /vp/ learn their Safari types and inhabitants, and in the process I ran into my first ever shiny in 19 years of Pokemon lovin'. Traded it to some guy cause it was his favorite. The coloration looked really good on his model. Magcargo just looks good all-around this gen.

Anyway, was in such a good mood cause I found a Safari that has an Aipom AND a Ditto in it (the former being my favorite Pokemon). Gonna Sweet Scent this crap up and search for some shiny Aipom hordes! :D

One badge in and I don't know what's more addicting: catching Pokemon, leveling and evolving all of them, breeding starters/version exclusives/fossils for Wonder Trade, or growing berries.

So long life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom